Year 11 Subjects (1 Viewer)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
No, so long as you manage your time well. I predict that you'll either hardly do any work in, get bored and/or will eventually drop SDD. But we'll see :p
FAR OUT
turns out in the school im going to go to next year, your only allowed to take 13 units max o_O
and i desperately want some 'breathing space', just in case i want to drop eng ext1.
what would you recommend?
man this sucks =.= especially after i finalised everything :mad1:

de__locke

HSC
^ that's the same with our school.
why don't you just drop an extension?

occer

HSC
N/A
^ is that even possible? what subjects?
Can't remember but I think he's doing both Extension Eng. and Maths and Russian 2U out of school through open high school.

He'll drop down to 12U next year, it's just my school requires 6 subjects to be done in school for Year 11.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
^ that's the same with our school.
why don't you just drop an extension?
ye i suppose i could
but i wanted to see what ext1 english would be like
meh

and ye..my tutor did 16 units, he dropped two for hsc, and got 98 uai =O

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
FAR OUT
turns out in the school im going to go to next year, your only allowed to take 13 units max o_O
and i desperately want some 'breathing space', just in case i want to drop eng ext1.
what would you recommend?
man this sucks =.= especially after i finalised everything :mad1:
I suggest you drop SDD unless you really, really, really, really want to do it :)

maimu

HSC
Hi you guys.

I'm an Asian student, and I have just been in Australia for one month. I'm studying year 10 in Sydney, and now I have to decide subjects for HSC though everything is still very ambiguous and alien to me.

Here is my subject selection:
1. English Advanced 2U
2. Mathematics Extension 3U
3. Modern History 2U
4. Chemistry 2U
5. Economics 2U

I have some questions.
1. What is the difference between English ESL and English Advanced?
I'm now studying English ESL, but my teacher recommended to take English Advanced because she thought my English was good enough. I know English ESl is for international students, and English Advanced is for native speakers; but I don't really understand the difference in level between those two. Is English Advanced very hard for an oversea student? Do I need to prepare anything from now on?

2. As you can see, my subject selection needs one more unit and I still don't know what to choose (and I have to hand in the form this Friday =.=). Actually I intend to take Visual Art, but i'm considering. The fact is that in my country, Visual Art is not focused (only Science and Math is focused), so I have never got a chance to learn Art. I'm also not very apt at drawing, but I'm quite Ok with photography and video (which I also learned myself). Do u think I should take Visual Arts? Because I'm going to drop it in year 12 anyway.

If u could answer my questions, I would be very grateful. Thanks

occer

HSC
N/A
Hi you guys.

1. English Advanced 2U
3. Modern History 2U
4. Chemistry 2U
5. Economics 2U
WOW! Every single one of those subjects is one that I'm doing. Guess I'll be in direct competition :read:

I'm now studying English ESL, but my teacher recommended to take English Advanced because she thought my English was good enough. I know English ESl is for international students, and English Advanced is for native speakers; but I don't really understand the difference in level between those two. Is English Advanced very hard for an oversea student? Do I need to prepare anything from now on?
No idea. If you think Adv. is too hard in the future is it possible to drop back?

I'm also not very apt at drawing, but I'm quite Ok with photography and video (which I also learned myself). Do u think I should take Visual Arts? Because I'm going to drop it in year 12 anyway.
I wouldn't. Maybe a language or another science?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No idea. If you think Adv. is too hard in the future is it possible to drop back?

I wouldn't. Maybe a language or another science?
If your teacher suggested advanced english, i suggest that you trust her and go for it :)

Yeah i wouldn't either. Perhaps physics or legal studies?

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
Hi you guys.

I'm an Asian student, and I have just been in Australia for one month. I'm studying year 10 in Sydney, and now I have to decide subjects for HSC though everything is still very ambiguous and alien to me.

1. English Advanced 2U
3. Modern History 2U
4. Chemistry 2U
5. Economics 2U

I have some questions.

2. As you can see, my subject selection needs one more unit and I still don't know what to choose (and I have to hand in the form this Friday =.=). Actually I intend to take Visual Art, but i'm considering. The fact is that in my country, Visual Art is not focused (only Science and Math is focused), so I have never got a chance to learn Art. I'm also not very apt at drawing, but I'm quite Ok with photography and video (which I also learned myself). Do u think I should take Visual Arts? Because I'm going to drop it in year 12 anyway.

If u could answer my questions, I would be very grateful. Thanks

You could try esl.. just remember, you can always go down but you can never go up(well my school tells me that)
And my gosh, your english is fantastic considering you've only been studying in Australia for a year (unless you went to an International school before you came here)
Anyways, if you do Advanced for year 11, i think you can drop back to ESL if you find it hard (changes must be made within 1st term)
However, if you do ESL english, i don't think you will be able to do Advanced in year 12.

HiHaii

HSC
@ all you guys who replied
thank you for all those suggestion

Yea I'll probably change English Standard to Advanced.
There aren't any good subjects to choose to drop Business Studies. What about PE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)