Year 11 Term 2 Physics Depth Study: Hand in & in class task (1 Viewer)

Admonks

HSC
I'm learning dynamics rn and I have a depth study as my next assessment task which is a hand in AND a in class task. I haven't got the formal notification by my teacher but I just want to know what it is about and how to maximise my marks for it because I want to get really good in it ! any advice is much appreciated

Thanks!

Chiprr

HSC
Do you know what the in-class task will be? If its a test, just try to access as many different question types as possible to spot patterns, but ensure the depth study component (assuming its worth more marks) is mostly completed and to a high standard when you start trying to do questions. This was my strategy, but it may not work for you.

My y12 task 2 was a depth study on the motor effect in which we had to build a motor and create a set of annotations for the motor outlining what each of the components did. The second part of the task was a test (which was created badly as it came from questions that we already had access to and it was focused on a single inquiry question) but I just tried to complete as many questions as possible. Managed to get 100% but the task was very easy to get high marks in.

Admonks

HSC
Do you know what the in-class task will be? If its a test, just try to access as many different question types as possible to spot patterns, but ensure the depth study component (assuming its worth more marks) is mostly completed and to a high standard when you start trying to do questions. This was my strategy, but it may not work for you.

My y12 task 2 was a depth study on the motor effect in which we had to build a motor and create a set of annotations for the motor outlining what each of the components did. The second part of the task was a test (which was created badly as it came from questions that we already had access to and it was focused on a single inquiry question) but I just tried to complete as many questions as possible. Managed to get 100% but the task was very easy to get high marks in.
When you say "Do you know what the in-class task will be?" do you mean the topics that it is assessing? if so, it will most likely be covering what we have learnt in class from the start of dynamics (we have finished inquiry question 1) I just learnt work and kinetic energy just a bit ago.

Chiprr

HSC
When you say "Do you know what the in-class task will be?" do you mean the topics that it is assessing? if so, it will most likely be covering what we have learnt in class from the start of dynamics (we have finished inquiry question 1) I just learnt work and kinetic energy just a bit ago.
I figured the task would be on dynamics and kinematics, was unsure if the in class component would be a test or presentation or something like that. Most likely to be a test though I would assume

Admonks

HSC
I figured the task would be on dynamics and kinematics, was unsure if the in class component would be a test or presentation or something like that. Most likely to be a test though I would assume
Im pretty sure its a test yeah it says in class test on the schedule. Should I just revise questions from what I have already learnt or should I do something else to maximise my marks

Chiprr

HSC
Im pretty sure its a test yeah it says in class test on the schedule. Should I just revise questions from what I have already learnt or should I do something else to maximise my marks
It’s pretty likely that the teacher will probably try to ask you unseen questions. Revising questions you have done already can benefit you a bit, but if you give me 10-15 minutes I’ll DM you a link to a google drive I have of resources my teacher gave our class in y11. It’s a bunch of unseen questions with worked solutions by module

Admonks

HSC
It’s pretty likely that the teacher will probably try to ask you unseen questions. Revising questions you have done already can benefit you a bit, but if you give me 10-15 minutes I’ll DM you a link to a google drive I have of resources my teacher gave our class in y11. It’s a bunch of unseen questions with worked solutions by module
please dm me that that would be so much appreciated and it will help me alot. Thank u so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)