• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

year 11s going into yr12 (2 Viewers)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
IceOnFire said:
Yeah that's when all our HSC courses will be finalised, such as the dropping and going up of subjects.
But we all know that people are still going to drop halfway through the year. Apparently, at our school a couple of years ago, a girl dropped a subject right before her actual HSC exam.

Am currently comtemplating doing that for 4u math.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
o.bi.sess said:
But we all know that people are still going to drop halfway through the year. Apparently, at our school a couple of years ago, a girl dropped a subject right before her actual HSC exam.
Yes indeed, I'm pretty much going to drop Studies of Religion sometime next year if I get into Cosmology.
Am currently comtemplating doing that for 4u math.
*copy and paste airie's post* :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
zzzz said:
Are you allowed to pick up a new subject and swap it for existing ones in Yr 12?? Im totally screwed- I need to drop 1 subject and then I will have 10 UAI+ 1 other unit and I know for sure Ill stuff up at least 1 course.

Gosh its weird being in Year 12!
Hmm, I'm not sure that you could do that, considering most of the time you need to have completed the preliminary course to do the HSC course for most subjects.

zzzz

HSC
^^^

Yeh thats what I was basically told as well.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Re: general discussion for hsc 2007 open!!

I think we're year 12 when we start the HSC course or when we get our reports back...

IceOnFire

HSC

Chiisora said:
I think we're year 12 when we start the HSC course or when we get our reports back...
And I am getting my report on Friday.. :D:(<----- I don't know whether I should be happy or sad.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC

I'm apparently getting mine back next Tuesday.

I don't want it. :S

*emi*

HSC

getting my report soon too =S
eek

you know what really annoys me... how we are year 12 when it suits.. and not when it DOESNT suit
e.g. have to do hsc work and hsc assessments (ARGHHH sooooo many assessments coming up.. worth 20%.... stress attack)
BUT - when it comes to cool things like using the year 12 study room, and the boarders being allowed out of the boarding house, going home/coming to school late when we have a free last/first we are still year 11!!!!
mighty annoyed..
at least we got pretty badges with "XII" on them tho =D
the one consolation haha....

IceOnFire

HSC

*emi* said:
getting my report soon too =S
eek

you know what really annoys me... how we are year 12 when it suits.. and not when it DOESNT suit
e.g. have to do hsc work and hsc assessments (ARGHHH sooooo many assessments coming up.. worth 20%.... stress attack)
BUT - when it comes to cool things like using the year 12 study room, and the boarders being allowed out of the boarding house, going home/coming to school late when we have a free last/first we are still year 11!!!!
mighty annoyed..
at least we got pretty badges with "XII" on them tho =D
the one consolation haha....
You get badges??? We get nothing.. :(

I think emi, you should go take yoga or some form of meditation to relax. :)

Now INHALE!! and EXHALE slowly.. be calm, be freaky calm like SS.

danni90

HSC
smurkie said:
So now that we've finished the year 11 course, I'm in year 12 now. My school does this whole one term early switch over thing and I'm FREAKED out. Everything i do is now going to count! My school's doing all these weird topics as well in my various subjects that I can't find resources on. Like in SOR2 we're doing the Liberation movment? :S?

Maybe it's just me freaking out though or is anyone in the same boat?
yes im totally freaked out...!!im completely in the same boat as you...!!im stressing about the whole thing...especially chemistry...!!its such a hard subject and because im doing 10 units i MUST do good in it.....i didnt even plan to keep it..which is why i was so laid back about it in yr 11....now that im in yr 12 and keeping it im completely screwed....><

btw wats SOR2???=/

Chocolat

HSC
I dislike Year 12 already. I am so sick of Imaginative Journeys.

That is all I have to say :).

HSC
we're doing physical journeys, at least i think we are...

we're studying peter skrzynecki (however u spell it) at his poetry is alright i guess

better than the hollow men and some of frost's stuff (no offense)

Chocolat

HSC
We're studying Coleridge poems for our set text for Imaginative Journeys. So painful.

IceOnFire

HSC
I am doing Imaginative Journey here.

Haven't developed a pure hatred for it yet, but I am sure that I will VERY soon.

Agywaggy

HSC
I'm doing Physical Journeys as well... but Journeys is soo boring.
I started Skrzynecki today, there not that bad. not as bad as i thought they would be.
Yer, i agree, better than the frost stuff.

me myself & i

HSC
Yeah, I know what you mean when you say you feel that you basically have to dedicate your life to year 12. I know so many adults who have a lot of regrets. I have not talked to many adults who would not do something different, mainly work harder, if they did year 12 again. I just keep telling myself that it's only for one year, and in the scheme of things, that's not that long. I know my social life, and my mental state (lol) is going to suffer, but I think the results will be worth it...:) THEY BETTER BE!!!!!!!!!!!! :burn: I will be soooooooo bummed if i finally climb this massive wall, and find that it's not that great on the other side, and i coulda been havin' a good time on this side!!!!

Also, does anyone else think that the Advanced English course sucks? Really, where do they get the stuff we have to do. I'm so over journeys....!:mad1: Is this just me?
Also2, I'm finding Advanced Maths really hard, only because we have to rush through stuff so fast that I don't have a chance to actually "get it" before we move onto something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)