Year 12 2004! (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Dear Year 12 of 2004!

This is the start of a very exciting and scary year.. our mission if we chose to accept is to equal or beat the year 12s of 2003? Can we do it? I say we can!

This thread will act as an introduction for all year 12s of 2004 and just a general chat on the HSC next year.

My name is Manda, my subjects are Adv English, 4 Unit Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Legal Studies and Music. If anyone else is doing these subjects let me know maybe we can help each other out with notes, assignments e.t.c. I'm also school captain at my school and I'm aiming for a UAI 90+ but im not sure if ill get it ... Im so scared!

I just did a very quick estimate which is probably way off but "by my calculations" we have 304 till our HSC!! AHHHH :eek:

Good luck for this year everyone and I hope I get to know you all!

Winston

HSC
Beat us? pffft dream on :p.. nah but from the look of things i think its generally the same each year there isnt like a hugeeeee difference, probably a slight difference but yeah.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Actually, each year is improving on the previous year, I think. In terms of UAI. :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Hey :)
My name is Sarah and l am doing Biology, General Maths, Hospitality, Advanced English(Imaginative Journeys - Enders Game, Chaucer (The Pardoners Tale/ A Simple Plan, King Lear and Frontline. l have completed Chemistry and TAFE- Nursing. I am interested Manda to see what you are doing in Advanced. If you have msn please add me : kb4b2@hotmail.com

I got the Citizenship award for 2003 at my school and l am aiming for dux next year (pfft as if l'll get it). I believe that we can try our hardest to be equal to the year 12 of 2003 :)

Last edited:

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i believe that tooo!!!!!!!!!(That we can acheive excellent results)
hiya manda!!! im doin 4 u maths, physics, chemistry and adv english like u so that'd be good to see how we're booth doin in those and help each other if we need it. im also doin biology (im not a science gurl!! reely im not :p) and ext 1 english.
byah!!!!!!!!!!!!

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Hey i did the same subjects as u Fashionista, except i dint do ext1 eng :) I must admit tho that 3 sciences in the HSC is quite...tiring...but having said that, if u enjoy them like i did, it is both personally and UAIally (hehe) rewarding.
Good Luck to all of u!!! Trust me, ull enjoy it! :D

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
woweee AK Gumbi!!!! u can help me tooo!!! (pweese pweeese pweeese). lol lol
goOd LuCk yR12 20o4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mAkE iT A gOOd oNe!!!!!!!!!

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
hehe no problem Fashionista. u can post up ur questions in the respective threads or u can pm me. Im happy to help!!! :)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hey hey
im doing ext eng (crime fiction), biology, geography, modern history, 2U maths and ive already done ext jap. oh and in adv eng im doing imaginative journeys (enders game) so any thoughts would be cool.
i also want to get over 90 UAI and go to UNSW, maybe doing international studies or arts or even teaching (the horror of it all:()
oh well....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by frodo
adv eng im doing imaginative journeys (enders game) so any thoughts would be cool.
have you read the book? Have you done any assessment tasks on it?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Hi my name is tenille (isnt there meetings that start like this???)
ive been here a littke but under forever. most ppl on here a werid.
ummm and i do adv englis, 2U maths, SOR1, geog, modern, legal and ext hist.

so yeah..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
we r gonna rock u 03'ers.. hehehe
well maybe not me personally.. im not that smart but we r gonna rock

i do adv eng (frontline, emma/cluless, gwen harwood, the tempest), gen maths, croatian (saturday school parramatta), community and family studies, business studies, 1u studies of religion

Last edited:

Aussiechick

HSC
My name is Erin and I do 4U English, (speculative fiction, imaginary journeys, king lear, emma/clueless) Modern History (Russia, Indochina, WW1) IPT, History Extension and Music 1 (singer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Anyway, Im Matthew. I do 3U maths, adv english, phys, chem and Engineering Studies. So 11 units all up.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
oh yeah ive read the book (enders game) but we havent done any assessments on it. we've done the stimulus booklet and related materials analysis assessment though. i hope i did ok :S

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by frodo
oh yeah ive read the book (enders game) but we havent done any assessments on it. we've done the stimulus booklet and related materials analysis assessment though. i hope i did ok :S

Is this the only thing you've done in Advanced english?

l've done Enders Game (just not the assessment). l've done questions etc on it.
we have also completed Chaucer (Pardoners tale)

Young'un

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm Matthew.

I hate to break it to everyone, but overall, our average UAI has already been determined, by our performance in School Certificate 2002. Sorry everyone, but I scored 99 in maths 2000 (benefiting 2002 HSC students) and averaged 93.5 in our real year.

In 2002 I did Mathematics E2.

In 2003 I did A English, Chemistry and Philosophy DC.

I am currently doing Physics, E History (A) and E2 English.

Next year I will pick up Comparative Literature DC.

Yes, that is indeed 19 units.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i thort there was sum thread bout how our SC didn count wutsoever towards out uai? only that we shud be better or sumthing than those who didnt do it or left after yr 10 me thinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)