Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (19 Viewers)

bleakarcher

HSC
Yeah it's alright, I don't mind it too much, but I'd prefer my other subs atm, and prelim chem was better so far (h-bonding, catalysts, rate of reaction etc.).
hahahahahahahaha omg, we haven't even touched catalysts, rate of reaction..

Definitely going ahead of my class this year.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
hahahahahahahaha omg, we haven't even touched catalysts, rate of reaction..

Definitely going ahead of my class this year.
Ahaha really?

That was a really good bit of prelim lol.

We've started with a shit topic for maths 3u too lol (series and sequences fuckin hell lol).

deswa1

HSC
When u get to acidic environment, it gets good. But as soon as water came up i wanted to top myself. worst topic imo.
Yes omg- I hate water. Industrial is fun though imo

water management. kill me now. And electron density (not sure about the cloud bit, but i assume its just the same) refers to a high concentration of electrons in the double bond, making it more reactive due to the electrostatic repulsion of the electrons themselves.

oh yeh, and learning how to draw cellulose was a bitch!
This. And remembering colour transitions for indicators until someone taught me a retarded method that worked. And the first dotpoint in industrial about replacements of a natural material.

I am Carrotsticks
I KNEW it

barbernator

HSC
Yes omg- I hate water. Industrial is fun though imo

This. And remembering colour transitions for indicators until someone taught me a retarded method that worked. And the first dotpoint in industrial about replacements of a natural material.

I KNEW it
hahaha I still just remember for methyl orange and litmus that red seems like an acidy colour compared to yellow and blue so i go with that

theind1996

HSC
N/A
water management. kill me now. And electron density (not sure about the cloud bit, but i assume its just the same) refers to a high concentration of electrons in the double bond, making it more reactive due to the electrostatic repulsion of the electrons themselves.

Can you please explain this? I don't really get it. Soz.

nightweaver066

HSC

Beat her up, down, up, down... (geddit?)

bleakarcher

HSC
Sounds like this is going to be one hell of a bitch.

nightweaver066

HSC
Sounds like this is going to be one hell of a bitch.
Colour transitions is just rote learning, and the thing about replacements of a natural material actually isn't too bad if you do ammonia (you cover it in the 3rd module too)

barbernator

HSC
Can you please explain this? I don't really get it. Soz.
So in a double bond in ethylene, each Carbon atom contributes 2 valence electrons to fill the outer shell of each atom. Now the electrons are paired (this is just rote learnt) and they move around in orbitals around both atoms. At any point in time, the electrons could be near C1 atom, near C2 or randomly orbitting anywhere in between. But rather than just sharing 1 pair of electrons, they are sharing 2, so at any point in time, there is going to be more electrons located inbetween the carbon atoms than anywhere else in the molecule, and hence there is a higher electron density. This is naturally more reactive, because the electrons already have a higher electrostatic repulsion, it requires less energy to get them to break and react with other substances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)