Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I crave for silence...there is either the TV on or some other noise. Swap?
Yeah, I'm weird - I like playing music when I study but I get mad if someone has the TV on :D

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
How'd everyone's timetables work out?
I'm pretty happy with mine :) So happy with have a day between our english papers :D No double ups but have SOR1 the day before chem :\ Other than that, though I have days between all of my exams yayayayay

eat_well

HSC
How'd everyone's timetables work out?
I'm pretty happy with mine :) So happy with have a day between our english papers :D No double ups but have SOR1 the day before chem :\ Other than that, though I have days between all of my exams yayayayay
I'm alright with my timetable. I do wish it was a bit more spread out but I'm just grateful that I don't have 2 exams on the same day. It seems strange that they would give us a day between the English papers. I was reading someone else's post and they said it's like they want us to "recover" from the shock of the first paper.

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
Question, are you allowed to sit your exam early?

Stupid adelaide uni, their interview period for med/dent is from 15-17 oct only, and that requires me flying down to adelaide, and as everyone knows, english exams are on 15th & 17th.

So my best bet is trying to book interview on the 16th, but the last flight is at 6pm and i wnt be able to make it seeing as paper 1starts at 2 o clock. omgod.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Question, are you allowed to sit your exam early?

Stupid adelaide uni, their interview period for med/dent is from 15-17 oct only, and that requires me flying down to adelaide, and as everyone knows, english exams are on 15th & 17th.

So my best bet is trying to book interview on the 16th, but the last flight is at 6pm and i wnt be able to make it seeing as paper 1starts at 2 o clock. omgod.
Your best bet is to talk to adelaide uni and explain your situation and see if they can work something out for you

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
Can anyone please tell me how the misadventure appeal works? I am still planning to sit my HSC exams, but probs in very unstable, jet lagged condition

Possum95

HSC
i'm not sure how they work. never had to use one. Maybe you should ask one of your teachers.

My HSC Timetable is horrible. one of my exams is two months earlier than everyone elses.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Can anyone please tell me how the misadventure appeal works? I am still planning to sit my HSC exams, but probs in very unstable, jet lagged condition
It sounds like you're going to be travelling and I don't know if jetlag is a valid reason. Anyway, you tell the presiding officer that you intend to fill for illness/misadventure and they will watch you, you sit the exam and then given a bunch of forms to fill out, the presiding officer fills out one page, you have to get a doctor [1] to fill out another page, you write how it impacted you and then you hand it back to someone at school [2]

[1] - For me it was a doctor although depending on the reason different people can fill it out.
[2] - I had to return mine to the head of curriculum although when you get the forms you'll be advised on who to return it to

Edit: Managed to find the form

Attachments

Last edited:

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
yeah, i have to fly down to adelaide to attend a med and dent interviews. but THANK YOU

Possum95

HSC
does anyone know how to catch up on four months of Math General work as fast as possible? I only started the class 7 weeks ago? i need help! I would be extremely gratefl for any and all help that is given.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Stop posting on BoS and get to it!

It's the only option.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^^^^How can you get jetlag flying to Adelaide?

I don't think the fatigue from a plane flight to Adelaide will get you any allowance.

I've travelled a lot and the only time I've gotten bonafide jetlag is going to London cause the time was like 11 hours different so it really tripped me out coming back hah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)