• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Is it err....realistic to aim for 100 Raw in 4U?

Appleorange

Banned
HSC
Since it is maths (only saying this because Maths always has one definitive answer) , it is possible. However, you would need to be very good at it.

seanieg89

HSC
Aim for it, sure. Though they tend to be quite anal in the marking, the last perfect score I know of was by Anthony Henderson in 1993.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Aim for it, sure. Though they tend to be quite anal in the marking, the last perfect score I know of was by Anthony Henderson in 1993.
In 1993? That beast! Average for that was only 46/120.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
English yearlies start in 20 mins

Brb while i go kill myself

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Lol its only yr10
Yeah i know :) i'm only caring about english and math.

But god damn that geography exam fucked me up. The essay question was worth 20 marks and it was "Evaluate the success of individuals, groups and different forms of government in managing coastal issues"

And i was like "what the..." so i sat there and braided my hair haha lol i just wrote "People litter on beaches and also erosion that is caused my the waves"

Another question was "Describe 2 human aspects that lead to Jambaroos success" and i literally wrote "Tourist attractions" hehe there goes my $150

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Wtf i have an exam clash

I have a french exam in 5 mins and a commerce exam in 5 mins

Wtf my french teacher says to go to french but my exam timetable says to go to commerce

Wat do

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Do the commerce exam, as prescribed by your timetable. That way if you get in trouble for it (you shouldn't if it's the school's fault), then you can claim that you just followed the exam timetable.

However, doing the French exam because the 'teacher said so' isn't as concrete.

deswa1

HSC
Yeah i know :) i'm only caring about english and math.

But god damn that geography exam fucked me up. The essay question was worth 20 marks and it was "Evaluate the success of individuals, groups and different forms of government in managing coastal issues"

And i was like "what the..." so i sat there and braided my hair haha lol i just wrote "People litter on beaches and also erosion that is caused my the waves"

Another question was "Describe 2 human aspects that lead to Jambaroos success" and i literally wrote "Tourist attractions" hehe there goes my $150
Haha coastal management- I remember studying this vaguely (you know with all that concentration I diverted to geography :p)

How was commerce?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Wtf i have an exam clash

I have a french exam in 5 mins and a commerce exam in 5 mins

Wtf my french teacher says to go to french but my exam timetable says to go to commerce

Wat do
Tell the exam supervisors .

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Haha coastal management- I remember studying this vaguely (you know with all that concentration I diverted to geography :p)

How was commerce?
I did french instead :p but yeah i never paid attention in geography. Thats why the geography yearlies kicked my ass :(

3 exams down, 5 to go...
Do the commerce exam, as prescribed by your timetable. That way if you get in trouble for it (you shouldn't if it's the school's fault), then you can claim that you just followed the exam timetable.

However, doing the French exam because the 'teacher said so' isn't as concrete.
I did the french :/ because all the other 5 people in my french class went and i didnt wanna be by myself lol

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I did french instead :p but yeah i never paid attention in geography. Thats why the geography yearlies kicked my ass :(

3 exams down, 5 to go...

I did the french :/ because all the other 5 people in my french class went and i didnt wanna be by myself lol
Exams so early. Did you do English today or something?

deswa1

HSC
How much study are all the year 12's hitting up now?

deswa1

HSC
My general rule of thumb was to study until the paper couldn't absorb any more tears.
Haha I guess that works. And I got demolished by some questions in a 4U paper today :(- there was this conics locus question that took me out and I couldn't do one of those complex questions where you need to find the centre of a circle...

And that was only up to Q14- hopefully I can get 15 and 16 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)