• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

RishBonjour

HSC
Aysce m888, I've been busy with half yearlies, although my 3u and physics were bad. meh.

a bit delayed, but yeah watched the hunger games straight after 3 u exams (helped get over my failure LOL)

and BONJOUR

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Have u got ur 3u and phys back or do u just feel they are bad

Aysce

HSC
Aysce m888, I've been busy with half yearlies, although my 3u and physics were bad. meh.

a bit delayed, but yeah watched the hunger games straight after 3 u exams (helped get over my failure LOL)

and BONJOUR
Haha nice man. Hopefully you went better than expected. Studying for trials now?

RishBonjour

HSC
Physics, my mind was elsewhere, i don't know why, just couldn't be bothered in the test. failed HARD (less than 50%)
3u was simply, in my opinion, my teacher sabotaged us all. He showed us last year's half yearly and said it wouldn't be any harder than that. I looked at it, found it relatively easy so I was like meh. and then in the test. everything was VERY hard, especially because i went with my mind set at an easy exam.. couldn't answer one question with certainty lulz..
SABOTAGE I TELL YOU

RishBonjour

HSC
Haha nice man. Hopefully you went better than expected. Studying for trials now?
LOL, naah man I'm not that dedicated :p
Holidays just started, ill chill for like 3 days, and ill start from monday.

btw, you still do 12 units? how do you keep up man!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I think its best to never go into an exam thinking its going to be easy. Be confident but prepared for the worst.

RishBonjour

HSC
I wasn't confident... I simply went expecting the questions to be like "easy" not THAT hard :L but yeah, lack of preparation i guess (N)

anyways, enjoy BOS! while I go and sleep :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I wasn't confident... I simply went expecting the questions to be like "easy" not THAT hard :L but yeah, lack of preparation i guess (N)

anyways, enjoy BOS! while I go and sleep :)
Cya brah, and dont let ur exam weigh u down! Get back up and give it ur all next time and smash it m8

Annihilist

HSC
Physics, my mind was elsewhere, i don't know why, just couldn't be bothered in the test. failed HARD (less than 50%)
3u was simply, in my opinion, my teacher sabotaged us all. He showed us last year's half yearly and said it wouldn't be any harder than that. I looked at it, found it relatively easy so I was like meh. and then in the test. everything was VERY hard, especially because i went with my mind set at an easy exam.. couldn't answer one question with certainty lulz..
SABOTAGE I TELL YOU
I fucked up my 3u, but that one was totally my fault.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
trying to make one of hardest decisions i've had to make in regards to my hsc

keep 3u maths?
or drop?

IDK. I want to keep it, but at the same time, I don't want to keep it.
There's so much guilt dropping a subject purely because you're behind in work. Like, in the beginning, when I actually tried and was on top of my work, I was coming 3rd out of 13. By the end of the year, I literally did nothing, and then came like 6th or 7th or something.

My dilemma is that:
If I keep 3u, i've got to do all the homework we've been giving for the entire hsc course+ 3-4 3u topics. My school made the 3u kids finish the hsc course first, and then go through the 3u prelim/hsc work.

If I drop to 2u, i'm ahead of everyone because i'd have already learnt everything. At the same time, dropping a subject because youre behind...
If I keep 3u, i'm incredibly behind. At my school, we only have 3 exams: the half yearlies, trials, and an earlier assessment i've had this month.

If I worked my butt off, I probably could catch up, but like, my other 11units????

WHAT DO I DO BOS?

RishBonjour

HSC

keep 3u maths?
or drop?

There's so much guilt dropping a subject purely because you're behind in work. Like, in the beginning, when I actually tried and was on top of my work, I was coming 3rd out of 13. By the end of the year, I literally did nothing, and then came like 6th or 7th or something.

My dilemma is that:
If I keep 3u, i've got to do all the homework we've been giving for the entire hsc course+ 3-4 3u topics. My school made the 3u kids finish the hsc course first, and then go through the 3u prelim/hsc work.

If I drop to 2u, i'm ahead of everyone because i'd have already learnt everything. At the same time, dropping a subject because youre behind...
If I keep 3u, i'm incredibly behind. At my school, we only have 3 exams: the half yearlies, trials, and an earlier assessment i've had this month.

If I worked my butt off, I probably could catch up, but like, my other 11units????

WHAT DO I DO BOS?

Keep it. I'm behind too, a lot, actually, but we still have time.
If you are NOT struggling with a subject, then keep it. Because a lot of people are lazy (like me) so just try from now, and you will be fine :D

good luck!
when ever I think about HSC, i just skip the exams bit and think about the break after.. ahhhhh

Annihilist

HSC
If you are NOT struggling with a subject, then keep it. Because a lot of people are lazy (like me) so just try from now, and you will be fine :D

good luck!
when ever I think about HSC, i just skip the exams bit and think about the break after.. ahhhhh
This. I'm also behind, but I hope to catch up by the trials.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

keep 3u maths?
or drop?

My dilemma is that:

WHAT DO I DO BOS?
See what happens with the tutor this week

annagurl

HSC
N/A

good luck!
:cry:

idk man, it's so hard :(

I dont feel that safe with my other subjects. My chem and business teacher think i'll get a band 6, and i'm expecting to do well in 2u and SOR1 if I put in the effort, english i'll flunk for sure, it's inevitable :p

idk. 11u.
See what happens with the tutor this week
do you reckon i got get away with just doing past papers, and not going through the textbook?

that's what i'm doing with 2u, but idk if I can with 3u. I can't possibly go through a textbook and not fall behind in my other subjects :/

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
3U scales good so I say put in as much work as you can, especially over these holidays and try to boost your marks. Stick with it as long as you can! :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Do the textbook questions and past papers tbh.

In fact I would recommend doing textbook,questions these holidays and past papers next holidays for 3u

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Do the textbook questions and past papers tbh.

In fact I would recommend doing textbook,questions these holidays and past papers next holidays for 3u
And i'm also worried if im wasting my time with 3u. Math isn't really my sort of thing, and sometimes I wonder that if I direct that same amount of time in say, another subject, i'll get a better result

mirakon

nigga
HSC
And i'm also worried if im wasting my time with 3u. Math isn't really my sort of thing, and sometimes I wonder that if I direct that same amount of time in say, another subject, i'll get a better result
Have u always felt this way or r u just feeling down from a bad mark?

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Have u always felt this way or r u just feeling down from a bad mark?
tbh, i've never really tried in 3u
I just wonder if my time is better directed elsewhere. There's no guarantee i'll do well in 3u, because im not a maths person
but my teacher thinks I can get a band 6 in chem if i put the effort in it

so that's why im feeling this way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)