Year 12 Formal / Schoolies (1 Viewer)

What event are you most looking forward to?

• Year 12 Formal

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Year 12 Formal Afterparty

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Schoolies

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Going overseas on holiday

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Applying for Tafe/Univeristy/Work/Repeat School

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Supaneo

I was just wondering from current and old schools students:

What people are organising for their:-

(1) Year 12 School Formal

(1.5) The Afterparty

(2) Schoolies

With this these questions could be answered:

What is the venue?

How will you be crusing there?

What are you going to wear?

What is the theme?

What are the plans?

FULL DETAILS WILL BE GOOD

And if anyone could post their best photo...

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by Supaneo

What is the venue?

How will you be crusing there?

What are you going to wear?

What is the theme?

What are the plans?

(btw i voted going overseas on holiday - it was the closest to what i'm most excited about... me and my best bud going on a road trip/pub crawl after the hsc!)

to answer your questions -
Schoolies - going to longbeach resort (GC), flying there, wearing most probably bikini for a lot of the time, theme is have fun and get drunk, plans - get drunk, sleep, beach
Formal - dockside at cockle bay, prob bus or limo there, wearing i dunno, no theme, plans - not sure yet!

Juliet

HSC
We're having our Yr 12 Formal at the IMAX theatre. I don't know anything about themes, or what i'm going to wear etc...sorry.

pri

HSC
N/A
we're having ours at the MCA (museum of contemp. art) and tickets are bloody expensive like $138

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by pri
we're having ours at the MCA (museum of contemp. art)
wow! that sounds interesting!

our formal is planned by the skool, so i really dont know whats going on, or the details like, clothes, firends, partner etc etc....

yeah its too early for that yet...

D

d00d

my formal was goin to be at dockside but we've changed it to star room (imax).

losty

hey ballerinababe im sorry to say this to you but im saying it for your own benefit... please dont expect much of your venue... to put it simply its small, the dance floors tiny and the food is shit.. maybe you guys will get a diff room but we went for our yr 12 and it was a disappointment... we made it fun but thats cause WE did it... i enjoyed the overall formal just not dockside as an actual venue... its pretty cause of the veranda but thats about it....

but hey ours isnt gonna be much better we are having it at Sydney Uni

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
well ours is at taronga zoo....

well im sure some people in our grade will feel at home there...

cheezle

The Zoo !!!!

serious ? serious serious ?

Our formal is in the city. Our after parties will be everywhere because as if our grade can be organised to do a big together one. And everyone would turn it into a massive fight after they got drunk. :argue: (I like these smilie things :D )
And schoolies is at the gold coast, but doesn't practically everyone go there ?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
well not me and about 60 ppl in our grade :D

We are going cruising!

I have heard of a few ppl not going to gold coast

PPl are going to byron, hawaii, europe, even melbourne!

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
skoolies- goin up with my group (bout 15 or so ppl) to my best friends holiday house in ulladulla.

formal - ours is at the plc of the horse races. suposedly they have a huge and nice looking hall. getting my dress made, but go no idea wat its gonna look like.

after party - well speaking from our yr 10 afterparty., we didnt have one organised until one chick said - on the night - its at her plc. our grade is heaps bad at parties so i spose no one wanted their plc trashed.

:eek: guess what! at our yr12formal all us chicks have to wear white, and the guys have to go 2 the same plc to get their BLACK suit. how gay! :chainsaw:

its as bad as at our yr 10 formal, where we couldnt take anyone from outside of skool. :chainsaw:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
well i was meant to go overseas =(
but that dream you kNow died !!!!
i planned to go canton, hong kong, sinapore guess probably stuck in aussie

our formal palce is unknown? so strange nuffin is organised

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by losty
hey ballerinababe im sorry to say this to you but im saying it for your own benefit... please dont expect much of your venue... to put it simply its small, the dance floors tiny and the food is shit.. maybe you guys will get a diff room but we went for our yr 12 and it was a disappointment... we made it fun but thats cause WE did it... i enjoyed the overall formal just not dockside as an actual venue... its pretty cause of the veranda but thats about it....

but hey ours isnt gonna be much better we are having it at Sydney Uni
yeah we had our yr 10 formal at sydney uni! it was ok though...

i've heard mixed things about dockside - my sister had a school dinner thing there and they loved it (mum and dad went too)... i think we might have a diff hall or something - coz the formal committee have been to check it out and they said it was really big! oh well, see what happens i guess

bubblette

formal & cruise

Hey, my school's having our formal at oatlands house in dundass. Its really cute and classic. The our afterparty is going to be at either the swiss grand @bondi or some cheapy hotel around the corner. About 10 of me and my mates are going on the p&o schoolies cruise. i think its booked out but you can still maybe squeeze urself in. I've heard great reviews on it and bloody funny stories!!! I heard its heaps better than the gold coast!

bubblette

yr 10 formals suck

i had to organise our year 10 formal and it turned out to be a good night but we never got our $1000 bond back. So yeah whatever you do, just let othe rpeople do the organising! You'll be surprised at how much more fun you have on the night!

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
We had our year 10 formal in the Wentworth Building at Sydney Uni as well. I think we are also at Dockside this year. :( Such a poor decision (and we did have the choice. I opposed but many just went with it because they didn't care, and accused me and others of being 'hardcore' because we didn't think it was good enough lol).
you should have it at the same place as yr 12 knox last yr - la montage in leichart (is that how u spell it?)... was really good!!

all the ppl on here say dockside sucked... but my sister and parents liked it... oh well, see what happens on the night - we are supposed to be having my fave band playing too (they're famous - you all know them, but i don't wanna say who yet, incase it doesn't happen) so that will make up for crappy venue, food etc (even though i have seen them live before)

HA-o_o-HA

Originally posted by sukiyaki
well i was meant to go overseas =(
but that dream you kNow died !!!!
i planned to go canton, hong kong, sinapore guess probably stuck in aussie

our formal palce is unknown? so strange nuffin is organised
I know how u feel...i planned toi go to asia after da HSC...but now...dun fink so...

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
hmm.. we're goin to four seasons for our formal.. does anyone know if it's any good?

PsyCheDeliC

our formal was going to be at Panorama house which is really pretty but everyone is too cheapo so now we are having it at the bloody tafe function centre or something stupid like that im really pissed off about that its going to suck.

for schoolies im going driving to queensland with a bunch of friends in a mini bus and we're staying at a friends place about 10 mins out of brisbane

we arnt allowed to take dates to the formal tho so that really sux and the teachers were trying to get us to agree to having the parents at the formal *shudder* bad idea!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)