Year 12 Formal / Schoolies (1 Viewer)

What event are you most looking forward to?

• Year 12 Formal

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Year 12 Formal Afterparty

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Schoolies

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Going overseas on holiday

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Applying for Tafe/Univeristy/Work/Repeat School

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

losty

Not allowed dates? shit man what school do you go to!!!!!! Well our teachers and parents (if they want) come to our formal... i dont think mine are coming... heaps of people are complaining about the teachers coming but i want them to, its the last time we are really gonna speak to them and i dont give a shit about the rest of my form... only my frineds which i know ill keep seeing anyway so its an oportunity to mingle with the teachers that have looked after me for the past 6 years and taught me all i know....

bex

HSC
Hey, my school's having our formal at oatlands house in dundass.
Oatlands House is in OATLANDS... not Dundas! Sorry.. im on the defensive cause i live just near it.

MY YR 12 FORMAL 2002

Pres- My friends and I had pres at The Park Hyatt at the Rocks... It was beautiful!!

Venue- Watersedge at Pier One. It was ok, the food was average and the venue was small but we had a good time!

Afters- The Watershed which was good. They had arm bands so that underage people could go as well. It was kept open especially for us and we had the whole top floor with a DJ as well

After Afters- went to Star City and had Daquiries in this big cave thing!! We were almost kicked out after we startyed taking photos in there!

My Dress- Strapless, A Line , 3/4 length. The fabric had Black and White vertical stripes of varying widths. It also had that netting stuff coming out from the bottom. I wore Black pointy mules.

THE END:D

Last edited:

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
well im not from sydney so most of what im gonna say will be of no interest to most of u!!! But for anyone in good ol' newy u might understand the places im on about!

we have pre drinks in the forecourt of customs house at about 6 with parents and teachers. lots of photos there! then the formal is in one of the rooms in customs house which looks really nice (but kinda small) i dont understand why lots of u cant take dates! my school is really good, they're even helping us with our fundraising to drop the ticket prices down (which are at like 50 and still going down!!)

after party...................no idea. most are going on a pub crawl through newy (although some have to leave for schoolies the next morning so i dont know how that'll go!!) but i have friends under 18 so i doubt i will. i think everyone is doin their own thing. im not sure. i'll see what happens..............

for schoolies im goin to port macquarie with me mates. i cant wait!!! it's for a week, and heaps cheaper than G.C.but just as fun. the enitre park is just schoolies for the week, so it'll be great!!!

parko :D

ps- we had a little trouble deciding if we'd rather a dj or a live band at our formal. i'm just wonderin what everyone else had/is having and what u thought? thanx!!!

Last edited:

malayz_angel

Our formal's gonna be at Dockside too-- even though we haven't got all the details yet..I hope it's not as bad as everyone seems to think! No teachers OR parents at our formal, teachers actually made it a rule that they don't come, so that if ppl get pissed and cause some trouble, they can point out it was a non- school event as there were no teachers present and it was entirely organised by students. Yayyyyyyyyy :D

swisstruffles

HSC
we had our yr 10 formal at dockside; the dancing space was like, 2m by 2m...the food was crap, actually! but the veranda with the view was really great...i reckon its so crap that parents are allowed to go to yr 12 formals...dates are on!
its gonna b shit for those who wont be over 18 on that night LOL~

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
i think my formals at the zoo..(the function centre) but they might be changing the venue.. it should be roundabout early december

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Our year 12 formal is going to be at the Four Seasons hotel, and judging from the brochures we've been sent, it looks great. That remains to be decided next week when a few of us on the formal comittee go to check it out. Last years year 12 had it at dockside, and were majorly dissapointed, because there were about four formals occurring at the same time, and the music totally clashed. I think the pre's are going to be at someone's house. As for the afters, a few of the ppl in our year have their birthdays that night, so they are organising to hire a club for us.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
our formal's gonna be at the Weston Hotel
a 'grand ball in the grand ballroom' as our organiser says.
neway, for $150 a ticket, it had better be worth it!
but it should be good, our formal committee is pretty well organised and so im looking forward to a fantastic night.

jenster

formal and schoolies are the best times ever! schoolies especially. and don't listen to anyone else, go to surfers it's THE place to be and you will have some insane fun up there

malayz_angel

Originally posted by swisstruffles
[Bits gonna b shit for those who wont be over 18 on that night LOL~ [/B]
Yep that includes me and yep it will be shit! No one's really throwing an altogether- after- party so all my friends plan on going clubbing after the formal and I'm a year too young still!! I do have another friend who won't be 18 till next year but she looks heaps older for her age and I doubt that she'll have any problems getting in.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i won't be 18 until middle of next year.. and i think my friends are going to a club for after's and during schoolies and yea.. hmm

Procras_witfood

For the formal:

We're going to this lakeside place in Leichardt. If I had my way, I would've picked a nice place. It's not too bad though, but it looks like one of those places where they go out of their way to make it look classy when they probably use plastic wine glasses.

Don't have a clue to what I'm wearing but I'm planning to go shopping after the trials.

After-party:

I'm organising a mini after party at Novotel in Darling Harbour-just me and my girlfriends, the last good-bye kinda thing...
I'd invite boys, but I go to a Christian school, so if I did, the girls' parents would have a hernia and the principal would hang me upside down. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Post-yr 12:

Going to the Gold Coast with 9 other friends and we're staying at a hotel in front of the beach. It's going to be awesome.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Toodulu, judging from other messages you have posted, you also go to Abbotsleigh. A couple of girls in our year is turning 18 that night, and one is organising to hire out a club for our afters so that us underaged people can go too. Don't feel left out!!:D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
damn it, i think nav is onto me. i'm going to have to register under a different name now.

ok fiiine. my locker is 2 away from you and i may have had something to do with shutting down the power to the PE dept.

heh, this is like kk clues, except really obvious. :p

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
hahahahah... i thought it might have been you! I Luuurve ur picture...sooo cute, therefore it mustnt be you! :p Just kidding!

Last edited:

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
what exactly is a scavenger hunt? i dont think our school has them :(

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
ahhhh, I see...and the person with the most points from doing the most stuff wins? COOL i wanna have one!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
we dont have scavenger hunts for students.. but there are scavenger hunts for parents and teachers i think. but they havnt had one in recent years coz ppl r tired of them... apparently parents drive around in cars and it's tiring... etc

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
ohhh, those things! i've beein in one b4 with my parents, and we won...twas fun! The usual dare at our school is to go skinny dipping in the watertank in our grounds that is actually used to suppy water to parts of sydney...heheh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)