Year 12 subjects (1 Viewer)

sarah1

HSC
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether you could give me some advice about the following subjects and how to do well/ what to look out for in year 12

Biology
Adv. English
English Ext 1
Modern History
General Maths
Chemistry
Geography

------
English Ext 2
Ext History

I'm actually finishing year 11 soon and I'm not quite sure what to drop/keep. If you guys have any advice/comments on the content, workload, assessments etc on those subjects it would be a great help! Thanks

sarah1

HSC
Hi, thanks for the advice :)
Are there any particular reasons you'd recommend those subjects?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
4U english cos beast, ext history seems like something you'll enjoy (but essay writing :/), chem is fun and easy just memorizing and bio to meet that 10 unit requirement. IMO regret saying ext history; probably won't even count

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether you could give me some advice about the following subjects and how to do well/ what to look out for in year 12

Biology
Adv. English
English Ext 1
Modern History
General Maths
Chemistry
Geography

------
English Ext 2
Ext History

I'm actually finishing year 11 soon and I'm not quite sure what to drop/keep. If you guys have any advice/comments on the content, workload, assessments etc on those subjects it would be a great help! Thanks

Ranks/school rank?

Thank_You

HSC
Do what Adrita says.

my advice:

- 4U english
- ext history
- chemisty
- biology
BUT if you're great at all your subjects, then i'd be more inclined with seventhroot, because they have a higher scaling than lets says General Maths and Geography. Obviously, its assuming you do well in it.

BUT, of course, if you don't choose what seventhroot says, it doesn't mean you can't still achieve a high ATAR. Really depends if you do GOOD

sarah1

HSC
Ranks/school rank?
so my school is small I guess, 15 - 30 kids in every subject (except english and maths) but these are my current rankings:
adv english: 5
ext english: 5
general maths: 1
biology: 5
modern history: 6
geography: 8
chemistry: 4

I'd like to keep bio, 3u english, modern and maths, so I'm tossing up between dropping geo and chem :/
or dropping both and taking up 4u english and 3u history??
I'm not quite sure, what would you be inclined to do??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)