Year Advisors (1 Viewer)

HSC
What is the role of a Year Advisor or Year Co-odinators?
The one one my year has seems to do absolutley nothing... she hardly is at school and comes and speaks to you about random things. Are they ment to help you with problems? She is the creater of problems. As a result of her lazyness; our year 10 formal was almost cancelled. What are they meant to do?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
thats really bad.

year advsiors are there to help organise things to do with ur grade. every week they lead our year assemblies, they notify us and keep us up to date with all the happenings of our grade. they inform us of upcoming due dates for payments etc and all that kind of administrative work for the grade.

plus, they also are there to help with problems between students, strudents and teachers. and they are there to monitor your class progress and how ur gonig in ur subjects. they will generally be the ones to inform you if your perfoming under par. or the ones to congratulate you on top class achievements.

at the end of year 12 they are also the ones to write up ur School Reference which you add to your CV so they should know their grade reasonably well.

my grade has gone through about 4. well we had one who left the school. then the second one left the school term 2 this year. so now we have two year advisors doing the job because we're in year 12 and its sooo much work for one person on their own to take up half way through the Year 12 year.

HSC
I can beat that, my year is up to our 4th and 5th year advisors.
In Years 7 and 8, we had two year advisors.
In Year 9 we had one.
In Years 10 and this year, we've got two.
And we've still got a year to go...

They haven't organised ANY school camps or excursions for our year as a whole. The only excursions or camps that individuals have been on, have been for things such as certain faculties, (such as Agriculture), or SRC, etc.

passion89

HSC
My year advisor is similar to yours. She does nothing and is a total cow to everyone who asks her for help. To make it worse, she's pregnant so the raging hormones aren't making matters better...

HSC
my year advisor also teachers art. I have hated her since year 7 after she lost my assignment and sent a letter home saying i never handed it in. A couple of weeks later she found it and says 'it was on my desk', no apologies. I was so upset.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
ahahahaha... funnaaay!!!

nah seriously dats just...not very nice. wat a naughty teacher. hmmm.

...But its still fuNNnNnaAyyy!! =)

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
makedamnsure101 said:
my year advisor also teachers art. I have hated her since year 7 after she lost my assignment and sent a letter home saying i never handed it in. A couple of weeks later she found it and says 'it was on my desk', no apologies. I was so upset.
Aha, mine teaches art too.. Didn't know my name when I was IN HER CLASS! and she only figured it out in year 9. Oh the stories I could tell you about her. But, I wont. ;p She's fat, dumb and eccentric. What more do I need to say?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah, my year adviser 'advises' us to study in the holidays...and she gives us our much needed study guides for our subjects, a few days before our exams...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)