Years 9 & 10 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
General Statement:

This thread serves as a general discussion thread for Year 9 & 10 students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Rules for the Chit Chat Thread:

-Normal rules apply. No flaming/abuse/advertising/inappropriate behaviour etc (or anything that would otherwise attract a warning/infraction/ban).

-In relation to spamming, please do not spam. Do not use this as a personal chat thread, or as a substitute for PMs or MSN. Its intended purpose was for matters that don’t particularly deserve their own thread. If you want to spam, please go to Non-School (you will be more than welcome there). But three or four people posting away until their hearts’ content in this thread is not ok.

-Posts should have some loose connection to school, or the HSC. Some offtopic-ness is fine (how was your day, what are you doing in the holidays etc etc, but should not dominate the conversation.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Realista

HSC
Anyone else really hating biology in year 10 :mad2:

Realista

HSC
Hate geo!!!
Yep. We learn next to nothing in geo. And Australian History is so uninteresting. It's all good now though since we started doing Hiroshima & Nagasaki bombing, full of win.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yep. We learn next to nothing in geo. And Australian History is so uninteresting. It's all good now though since we started doing Hiroshima & Nagasaki bombing, full of win.
This was in oz history?????

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yes, of course. WWII.
Ah ok....i thought they only really cared about australias involvement in the syllabus

Also rather ironically year 10 biology about cells has probs helped me more than any hsc stuff in my uni work so far

Shame I didnt retain much of it lol

kazemagic

HSC
I don't even have a qualified science teacher... And I could tell you nothing about what we learnt. Srsly

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Enjoying all my subjects, although Australian geography isn't for my liking.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't even have a qualified science teacher... And I could tell you nothing about what we learnt. Srsly
Well, be kinda thankful that it's your Yr 9/10 teacher, and not your Year 11 and 12 teacher (if you intend on doing science). :p

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Last year my english teacher changed 5 times and in year 8 my science teacher changed 3 times. Hopefully this year will be better :)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Has anyone thought about what subjects they are going to choose for year 11?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone thought about what subjects they are going to choose for year 11?
Tips for 2013 year 11 kiddies (2014 HSC): do NOT pick subjects solely for their scaling. Failing a subject is failing a subject, no matter how well it scales. Pick something you like. Almost guaranteed you'll do better at a subject if you enjoy it. Don't be worried about having 13/14 units. A lot of kids do that and drop to 10/11/12 units at the end of year 11 or within the first few weeks of year 11 if you find you don't like a particular subject. Don't be worried if you pick a subject and end up changing. Almost everyone does change around their subjects in the first couple of weeks so there is still room to change if you find something isn't working out for you. Also, if your tossing up between advanced and standard english - go advanced. Dropping from advanced to standard couldn't be easier but its extremely hard to move up from standard to advanced if you find its too easy. And enjoy year 11!! Its fun :D

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Tips for 2013 year 11 kiddies (2014 HSC): do NOT pick subjects solely for their scaling. Failing a subject is failing a subject, no matter how well it scales. Pick something you like. Almost guaranteed you'll do better at a subject if you enjoy it. Don't be worried about having 13/14 units. A lot of kids do that and drop to 10/11/12 units at the end of year 11 or within the first few weeks of year 11 if you find you don't like a particular subject. Don't be worried if you pick a subject and end up changing. Almost everyone does change around their subjects in the first couple of weeks so there is still room to change if you find something isn't working out for you. Also, if your tossing up between advanced and standard english - go advanced. Dropping from advanced to standard couldn't be easier but its extremely hard to move up from standard to advanced if you find its too easy. And enjoy year 11!! Its fun :D
Thanks for the tips! I think I might end up with 13 or 14 units at the beginning of year 11.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
+1

I had chosen the ASIAN/CURRY Subject Combo thinking that I would do extremely well. However, I realised that I could get a better mark, had more aptitude for, and was more interested in Legal Studies than Physics, so I picked it and I don't regret it.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Respect on that post. Well, year 10 as well, my school forces us to complete 12 units minimum with at least 2 humanity subjects. I sort of have an idea of my subjects for year 11. Probably looking at 3 unit english and maths, economics, latin, physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)