Years 9 & 10 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I want to be on radio and actually get paid for it. Music, not so much a talk show.

russ3l

HSC
I want to be on radio and actually get paid for it. Music, not so much a talk show.
ok cool! you and demento1 have interesting/exciting aspirations :) I don't know what I want to be, but hopefully getting into combine law will open up doors for me

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I have no idea what I want to be but I just wanna be like my sister and sit in a nice office and have a salary of around $200,000.

russ3l

HSC
I have no idea what I want to be but I just wanna be like my sister and sit in a nice office and have a salary of around $200,000.
Don't we all :( what does your sister do for a living?

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Subject selection evening tomorrow w00t, I think we're gonna choose soon, in a week or so.

Still unsure about whether to do economics or legal studies though, help?

HSC
Have you tried looking through the syllabuses on Board of Studies? See if the content interests you, or whether you are willing to learn them or not.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Lol my commerce teacher was like "Michelle I suggest you do Business Services" and i'm like "ummm..." but why is this a year 9 and 10 when there are no year 9's lol

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Lol my commerce teacher was like "Michelle I suggest you do Business Services" and i'm like "ummm..." but why is this a year 9 and 10 when there are no year 9's lol
hahahahahhahahahahhaha

dat shit's worse than applied maths.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Went to last nights info night and my current selections are:

Chemistry
Bio
Economics
Legal
and either 3U Maths, 2U English or vice versa

yay nay? People are saying that the workload will probably be alot

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

Chemistry
Bio
Economics
Legal

Seems alright. Currently do you enjoy maths over English or vice versa?

russ3l

HSC

Chemistry
Bio
Economics
Legal

Yeah your subjects are a good balance. It will open up a lot of doors for you in uni, e.g. you can pursue your career in science/commerce/math/law.
And probably ask yourself whether you like english or math better in hope to come to a decision on choosing 3u math and 2u eng vice versa. Perhaps take up both 3u Math&english? :)

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Nah my school doesn't do it that way, we have to apply for extensions and they look at your reports (mine weren't that great) and decide whether or not to put you into extension. So can't exactly choose :(

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Just got extension appeals back, didn't make it to either maths or english wtf. The cut off mark was 80% in half-yearlies for maths and the average for our grade was ~50%. Does anyone else's school make you appeal for extensions? I still have another chance to get in if i get really well in the next test though lol. practically everyone in my grade's complaining about this

Wonder

HSC
Just got extension appeals back, didn't make it to either maths or english wtf. The cut off mark was 80% in half-yearlies for maths and the average for our grade was ~50%. Does anyone else's school make you appeal for extensions? I still have another chance to get in if i get really well in the next test though lol. practically everyone in my grade's complaining about this
Ahh that's annoying. Our school gets us to appeal for Maths Extension (and also for 2 unit actually...) with a cutoff of 80% in all tests this year. For English you need to get a signature from the Head of Department on your subject selections form (which I'm going for tomorrow...*gulp*) Good luck, I hope you get in!

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
for 2 unit too!? Goodluck for tomorrow :D

russ3l

HSC
That sucks :(
and if you want to do an extension subject, don't let your school make you settle for mediocre - your future is what you're dealing with.

sleepybearx

HSC
Is there like a thread where they like continuously post up inspirational shizz cuz i need a dose of daily inspiration for motivation. Kthnxily. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)