• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yellow Parking Permits (1 Viewer)

sxcmathschick

HSC
Why is it that the yellow parking permits have gone from $49 to $75 this year???? This is such rubbish and is a huge rip off! why cant they just keep it cheap so people can actually afford it, instead of risking getting a fine!

-juLie-

meep
HSC
And as well as putting up the price, they have screwed up the printing on them causing a delay in sending them out.

-juLie-

meep
HSC
UWS can never get things right on the 1st go.

Lara1986

HSC
I suppose you should just be happy it didn't go up by more as rumour was originally that it was going to be double....

The parking problems are not UWS's fault per se - it's another company that runs the stuff now.

I called the uni to find out what was happening with them at the end of last year cause i went on ipay to buy one and it wasn't there, and the staff i spoke to also had the same gripes we do about the delays and price. So for a change, UWS is sort of, in a way, on our side too.

If cost is a really big problem and you need to drive to get to uni, you can always park off campus and walk a bit to campus. There's a few side streets around some of the campuses that are usually basically empty that you can park in and walk over not too far.

sxcmathschick

HSC
Not really at C'town, Its only a main road or train station. The only way of me to get to uni is by driving everyday cos Im from Narellan/Camden. Bus is 40 mins + 10 min (power)walk for 12 min car ride. So its a bit disappointing that UWS doesnt control parking....Why didnt they take over that instead of the co-op?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Compared to other universities, it's a lot cheaper. It sucks that it has risen though, especially seeing you can never get parking spots until a few weeks into semester anyway.

Lara1986

HSC
Compared to other universities, it's a lot cheaper. It sucks that it has risen though, especially seeing you can never get parking spots until a few weeks into semester anyway.
The lack of spots is my only issue - i don't mind paying if i can actually get a spot but not if there's twice as many people on campus per the number of spots.

It annoys me even more when people with red or blue tickets park in yellow spots because they're too lazy to walk an extra 50 metres from the red or blue spots and want the yellow spot in another car park. If you got a blue one or red one you should really just suck it up and walk that little bit extra from the further car park - at least you can get a spot!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^Oh yeah, I'd agree with that! But aren't the red and blue spots supposed to be in closer locations?

Lara1986

HSC
^Oh yeah, I'd agree with that! But aren't the red and blue spots supposed to be in closer locations?
Yes and no.

Say for example you have the main car park at parra campus, which is out the front, vs the one right near the old computer lab building. It's a much longer distance from the main car park to most buildings than the smaller one near the old comp lab building.

So, when all the blue and red spots fill up at the comp lab one, people who are too lazy to walk all the way from the front car park will just take yellow spots at the smaller car park cause its closer even though that means there's no spots left for those of us who can't afford the other permits.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
anybody know how long i can still keep my 2008 permit, i know i have to buy one sometime during the start of the semester, but by what date must i have the 2009 permit by if i intend to park at them shitty parking bays?

bored89

HSC
i think the permits last till 31 dec of the year purchased so as of 1st jan you need a new permit

-juLie-

meep
HSC
Last year they had a grace period where you had until 2nd week of semester to get a parking permit organised or buy the daily tickets. Dont know if it will be the same this year though.

-juLie-

meep
HSC
Not sure when they will be sent out. But I ordered mine at the start of Jan and still havent recieved it. They sent a email saying that if we havent recieved them by the end of Feb to give them a ring. So they should be sent out some time soon.

Lara1986

HSC
Not sure when they will be sent out. But I ordered mine at the start of Jan and still havent recieved it. They sent a email saying that if we havent recieved them by the end of Feb to give them a ring. So they should be sent out some time soon.
I ordered mine on January 2nd i think? and I got an email a few days later saying that there'd be a 4-6 week delay, so i'm gonna call in a week and check up on it.

It's particularly ridiculous if you have summer school... i've had classes since 6 Jan and have been asked by security why i keep displaying my receipt instead of a permit since i ordered it ages ago, even though they should be aware of the delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)