yes!!!! acceptance to the BIT course (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
weststigers1991 said:
I got a "still eligible" and a uai of 96.75. Do you think its possible for me to make it in? I really hope so
Beats my 88 lol! well done and Im 100% you'll get in. Im the one who should be worried :cold:

HSC
Thanks, I don't feel any more confident at the moment but I do hope we both get in! I wonder if any other "still eligibles" got a call?

JosephW

HSC
weststigers1991 said:
Thanks, I don't feel any more confident at the moment but I do hope we both get in! I wonder if any other "still eligibles" got a call?
Ive only heard of the OP of getting in so far.

I dont mind anyway, applied on the last day for the hell of it. Happy I made it this far

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
I applied for the first round of interviews :) I thought it didn't go too well, started diverting off on tangents and I'm not exactly interview material myself haha

I got the 'still eligible' letter too, but yeah, I had a lot of extra cirricular stuff behind me and got a nice UAI...

goodluck with everyone who is awaiting their results

JosephW

HSC
Dear Applicants

Please note that your application for the BIT - UTS scholarship has been
unsuccessful.
Best wishes for your future studies.

Anna

:(

endingstory

HSC
JosephW said:
Dear Applicants

Please note that your application for the BIT - UTS scholarship has been
unsuccessful.
Best wishes for your future studies.

Anna

:(
when did you get this email?

JosephW

HSC
endingstory said:
when did you get this email?
Yesterday morning but never read it until 1am today because it was in my junk mail folder. A call would of been nice though :vcross:

endingstory

HSC
JosephW said:
Yesterday morning but never read it until 1am today because it was in my junk mail folder. A call would of been nice though :vcross:
that's weird.. Seems like I didn't get any email. No email at all.

davidau251

HSC
likewise .. no email or call yet watsoever.. this is so agonising =[[

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
if you havent gotten a phone call or email (please check your junk mail folder), then contact anna at 9514 2605 ASAP. as thebressman said, everyone will be told if they have gotten in or not.

if you don't get in, don't despair, the BScIT course is pretty much the same course content as BIT without the scholarship and you can do industry training as an extra diploma incorporated in. There have also been a couple of times where BScITs have been transferred over to BIT due to extra sponsors joining late (and this can only happen if youre in BScIT, because the first semester for BIT and BScIT courses is the exact same).

fyi, if youve gotten in (congrats!) you need to make sure that your first preference on your UAC list is the BIT course otherwise UTS won't be able offer you a place.

HSC
When will be an appropriate time to call? Do you think she will be available tomorrow? Thank you, I'm quite anxious to find out if I made it or not. UAI results have already come out and I'm still stressing! :cold:

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
weststigers1991 said:
When will be an appropriate time to call? Do you think she will be available tomorrow? Thank you, I'm quite anxious to find out if I made it or not. UAI results have already come out and I'm still stressing! :cold:
id say between 10am and 3pm is the best time

JosephW

HSC
I emailed Anna back the other day for a reason why I didn't make it.

She replied that this year had to many applicants and too few sponsors due to the economic crisis. They are giving scholarships to people with mid-90's UAI.

Wish I was a year older and applied last year =[

TheBressman

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
@JosephW: As far as I know, Patar is correct in his statement. Sometimes unforseen circumstances (such as new sponsors entering the program after it has started) means that extra places may become available in the BIT course. BScIT and BBusBScIT students are the ones who get to fill these places, if they've applied for the BIT course before.

This in no way guarantees that a spot will become available of course, especially in "economic crisis" times, but if you are really keen on getting into IT in general, the BScIT course does pretty much the same subjects as BIT, but it's a 4 year course rather than 3 years and doesn't include industry training as early as BIT does.

Hope this helps :)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
TheBressman said:
@JosephW: As far as I know, Patar is correct in his statement. Sometimes unforseen circumstances (such as new sponsors entering the program after it has started) means that extra places may become available in the BIT course. BScIT and BBusBScIT students are the ones who get to fill these places, if they've applied for the BIT course before.
just a quick correction thebressman, its only BScIT not BBusBScIT due to both courses having the exact same subjects within the first semester (when they will know whether they will be having new sponsors or not).

TheBressman

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
Thanks for the correction help_me_please.
Btw, you're a second year right ? Who are you ? I'm Robert from first year :D

endingstory

HSC
I called up today.. apparently there are less sponsors due to the economic crisis. More students applied this year.. hence tougher competition. I was very close to getting one but didn't get one due to the shortage of sponsors.

TheBressman

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
Ah tough break there mate. As was mentioned before, if you are still looking to get into BIT, go into the BScIT course (as I said before, the subjects in both BIT and BScIT are very similar, so regardless of whether you get into BIT or not, you'll still have a comparable learning structure except for the early industry training)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)