You call that an Exam? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Drop20 said:
Is there anyone else who found it hard?
I guess in a way I found it challenging because I knew that to differentiate myself from other students (and <band4 answers) I had to be able to elaborate and relate; there was little 'obvious' opportunity to regurgitate textbook knowledge.

EY

HSC
You'd think the people who write the exams have the syllabus in front of them...

Honestly, the night before we could have forgetten about IPT and slept.. and the next morning instead of waking up early to cram some of that crap in our minds... we could of slept in... it was a pointless exam to study for.

frog3

I cannot understand why people are annoyed that it was easy, while easy you still had to rely on knowledge that you'd of picked up had you been studying and paying attention during the year. You must have very unfulfilling lives to complain about something being 'too easy'.

Go listen to some radiohead

Last edited by a moderator:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If the exam is easy- then it requires good students to do more work in expressing themselves well in order to score bonus marks.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
seremify007 said:
I guess in a way I found it challenging because I knew that to differentiate myself from other students (and <band4 answers) I had to be able to elaborate and relate; there was little 'obvious' opportunity to regurgitate textbook knowledge.
This is what i agree with. I had the same problem, from past papers it was so strictly based on the syllabus and adhered so strongly to whatever it said that anyone could just reproduce some paragraph they had read. Thats what i was worried about...that they would focus so much on "key words" and "key concepts". I feel this exam was actually good...it didnt allow people to think..ooh did i read that last night.

PS: i too am coming first in my class with grades never below 85%. Im not complaining.

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
This test would of had to been one of the most boring tests ive ever completed (although Business should come close), the exam was shit, at one point o wanted to just write "What is this? Business Studies!" ... i hate the subject 9like MANY of the subjects i do), im glad its over, wrote hektik notes for it, and like u said, this test assessed shit all of what i wrote.

steamroller60

Yay for no school
HSC
hs what?

hs what? - eat your arse with a spoon?

very funny. i've never heard that before, is it original.

yep, i agree with all of you. i didn't know the syllabus back to front, upside down and in latin, but i had a fair knowledge....and didn't need it.

but... it was kinda good because i hurt my hand at cricket on the weekend and it was good to have breaks to rest it....

half the multiple choice were just like read the table and write down what it says.

what options did you all do?

at my school we did multimedia and TPS....one girl in my class was away for a bit so just taught herself another option. heh. i think that's funny.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
We also did Multimedia & TPS- they seem the most straightforward and interesting... although others could and likely will disagree^^

7th Sign

HSC
lol sniper u liked it because u didnt have to study for it i remember u the night before the exam u were like omg im totally screwed I have not studied at all blah blah...now u said the exam was easy this is the shit thing people who did jack all work will go well which suks, i wasted all this time studying for ipt like a week and a half when i could have been studying for business shits not fair

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
7th Sign said:
lol sniper u liked it because u didnt have to study for it i remember u the night before the exam u were like omg im totally screwed I have not studied at all blah blah...now u said the exam was easy this is the shit thing people who did jack all work will go well which suks, i wasted all this time studying for ipt like a week and a half when i could have been studying for business shits not fair
Where did I say that? If I did say that I was lying because I did study. I probably said that I was screwed even though I had studied because it wasn't sinking in.

Mate, if you don't get a mark of 100 for this exam, shut up and stop acting so hard done by. You're all like *whinge whinge all these people who don't study will do well*. If you think it's so easy and don't kill this exam, we'll know you're just up yourself.

7th Sign

HSC
sNiPeR_24 said:
Where did I say that? If I did say that I was lying because I did study. I probably said that I was screwed even though I had studied because it wasn't sinking in.

Mate, if you don't get a mark of 100 for this exam, shut up and stop acting so hard done by. You're all like *whinge whinge all these people who don't study will do well*. If you think it's so easy and don't kill this exam, we'll know you're just up yourself.

man I got you mixed up with some other kid...

I never said I thought the exam was heaps easy I just thought it was a unfair exam for people who actually tried...

im over it any way i probly got band 5....

oh well

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
7th Sign said:
man I got you mixed up with some other kid...

I never said I thought the exam was heaps easy I just thought it was a unfair exam for people who actually tried...

im over it any way i probly got band 5....

oh well
Fair enough buddy, no offence taken from me and hopefully no offence taken by you. You make a valid point but I just think that marks seem to be fairly evenly distributed.

Say if the exam is incredibly difficult, the "not as able" students may average around a mark of 40/100 whereas the "more able" students who have studied intensely for an exam may average 80+/100 marks.

If the exam is easy, however, the "not as able" students may average 70/100 which seems a very good mark but on the flip-side the "more able" students may be consistently achieving 95+/100 raw marks for such an exam. Assuming this is the case, I don't see a problem. But I certainly do understand your concerns and let's hope for the sake of you people and I (I took a week out of the first holiday and wrote an incredibly extensive summary of the IPT HSC course content which is why I got a little irritated when you thought I may have been slacking off) that we do receive our just rewards over people who didn't put in as much effort. And I can assure you that if you score 90 or 95+ raw marks out of 100 for IPT, it will scale quite well for the UAI.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
lalala it's funny to look back and see how you guys found the IPT exam.

I wonder how all the confident people ended up going- I know wooz came 2nd in state!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)