You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when... (1 Viewer)

Haku

i don;t know what to be a chem nerd is like, but i know what one is not

that is mean you don;t understand half the stuff posted in this forum, and still find it amusing to read because its all alien to you...hehe a new language.

thats i me, i do chem and not a nerd

flower_farie

Hot Pink Mitten
HSC
Or...
1.When u start arguing with ur poor old grandpa about y he shouldnt play golf in his golf course next to the river...especially during fertilising time...
2. During ur modern history exam and how germany was under a blockade and then they lost...u think of the Haber process and his wife commiting suicide
3.U read a shampoo bottle understanding the citric acid and u forget what fruit essense means
4. u spend about 15 min trying to come up with these things
MY BAD

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
When ...
  • You wish you were a chemistry nerd.
  • You realise you are a chemistry nerd and are thinking of how to become an even bigger chemistry nerd.
  • You are proud of being a chemistry nerd, and would wear a badge to show it off if you could.

flower_farie

Hot Pink Mitten
HSC
Nah...im more of a maths nerd...wooo GO MATHS!!!

altho i do still love u chem

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
- when you have an international ranking in chemistry ( this guy at my school is ranked 24th in the world, 1st in national science comp, 1st in chem comp )

- when you talk about everything in terms of electron transfer reactions and losing oxidation states

- when you can feel exothermic and endothermic

- when you help the lab assistants make molecular models during recess/lunch time

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
How about when you have fun even when cleaning up?

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
You are proud of being a chemistry nerd, and would wear a badge to show it off if you could.
I want a badge now!!

-When you hear the word 'peptide' on television and immediately think of amino acids. And picture their structures in your mind.

-When you pick up a pen and wonder what the pattern would be if you used chromatography or electrophoresis.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
yep Kim.. he's a smart one.. lol.. it's just weird cos he has an international ranking.. that's like.. wow.. :p he gets a gold medal and everything ! it's like chemistry olympics XD

he's a 99.9 guy most likely.. cept his english drags him down.

- when you're Kim

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
-When you get first in chemistry
But on the minus side......I really dont know how I can compete with you people in the HSC...acceleration isnt enough

-when you talk to people about the differing densities of water and ice in terms of energy and the ice lattice structure
sure it was prelim but either way

Oh and Emma Jayde you are Waaay to smart

rama_v

HSC
When the teacher asks "whats the proper definition for an acid" and you reply "an electron-pair acceptor" when the answer required was simply "proton donor"

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
When your opinion of a song dramatically increases because it has chemistry of some form in it.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
When you sing through chemistry covers of bohemian rhapsody ... what? It is hilarious!

http://www.geocities.com/le_chatelier_uk/acid_bo-rap.html

http://www.geocities.com/le_chatelier_uk/acid_bo-rap.html said:
No amount of persuasion from fellow band members could convince Freddie that singing to his beaker of 1M ethanoic acid wouldn't change its acid dissociation constant

Last edited:

*Buttercup*

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
When ...
  • You wish you were a chemistry nerd.
  • You realise you are a chemistry nerd and are thinking of how to become an even bigger chemistry nerd.
  • You are proud of being a chemistry nerd, and would wear a badge to show it off if you could.
hehe i had a science club badge, with my name in PT letters :D
i lost it tho :( because i wore it to the beach one day (see... i told u i was a nerd...) and it fell off :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)