You *know* you're a physics nerd when... (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
you think about friction and the laws of momentum while pushing a shopping trolley.

joolee

HSC
when you think about how exciting living in ploto would be, accounting for the powers of superconductivity.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
when you tilt you body to the left or right when turning, because you are using centripetal acceleration

when a piano drop on your head you thanked god for the KE being HALF mv 2

edit:

when schrodinger can't find his cat, you know why

when a cop stopped you as a driver and asked "do you know how fast you were travelling?!" and you answered: "no, but i know where i am"

when you do applied maths with pictures (thanks gareth who does pure maths who mocks my applied maths assignment)

when you argue witih your maths friends that eistein is more superior than newton in every way

when you know freezing point of water is 273.1 K and pointing point is 100K higher

when you know speed of light is 299 792.5 km/sec

when you don't bother cleaning up your room because you know you will only make the universe messier (2nd lay of thermodynamics)

when you can tell about a trillion photons falls on you at any given minute whilst your friends fail to see the invisible particles...

shoudl mention, got most of my jokes from"

http://www.workjoke.com/projoke25.htm

Last edited:
HSC
  • when you're at a carnival thingy, on the giant swing, thinking about if the chain broke, that you'd fall away at the tangent.
  • when, just after you think of the above, you think about posting that in a thread like this.
  • when you're on the dodgem cars, and you hit a stopped car, you think about Newton's 1st Law of Motion.
  • when you're driving, and you turn the corner, you think of how you are still accelerating. (as opposed to what most people think accelerating is)
  • when you look forward to physics lessons

idling fire

HSC
When you buy a 'slip proof' mat just to test the coefficient of friction and compare it to a variety of other surfaces.

T

Testpilot

chocolate_lover said:
  • when you're driving, and you turn the corner, you think of how you are still accelerating. (as opposed to what most people think accelerating is)
I do that all the time:(

joolee

HSC
when you know the sound of fart is made from the vibration of your anus

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
When you refer to turning on a light switch as 'closing the circuit!' and thus turning it off as 'opening the circuit!'

HSC
N/A
When you're on one of those slingshot ride things and are about to be shot up, and all you can think is, "Oh fuck, elastic potential energy."

When you know that if you show these jokes to your friends, they'd all find them funny as well.

milton

HSC
xiao1985 said:
when you know speed of light is 299 792.5 km/sec
actually its 299 792 458 m/s (exactly) ;)

quote from richard feynman (nobel prize laureate)
"Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation."

conman

HSC
milton said:
actually its 299 792 458 m/s (exactly) ;)

quote from richard feynman (nobel prize laureate)
"Physics is to math what sex is to masturbation."
Wow I have never heard that quote before!!!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Thats the best saying i've ever heard. Peroid.

milton

HSC
also, "Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman

"Feynman also had very liberal views on sexuality and was not ashamed of admitting it. In Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!, he gives advice on the best way to pick up a girl in a hostess bar. At Caltech, he used a nude/topless bar as an office away from his usual office, making sketches or writing physics equations on paper placemats. When the county officials tried to close the locale, all visitors except Feynman refused to testify in favor of the bar, fearing that their families would learn about their visits. Only Feynman accepted, and in court, he affirmed that( hey Mel) the bar was a public need, stating that craftsmen, technicians, engineers, common workers "and a physics professor" frequented the establishment. The bar was allowed to remain open."

jaaaaay

HSC
You're actually reading this thread... even enjoying it...

zagga20

HSC
when you watch '3rd rock from the sun' just for the physics on Dr. Solomons blackboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)