• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

you may want to cease your music downloads (1 Viewer)

Zingy

HSC
The problem is, soon it won't matter what location you route through. With America's constand boner for policing the world too much pressure will be put on those"safe" countries.

tau281290

HSC
Slidey said:
You really think so? I hope so too, but places like China have massive censorship programmes and filters in place on the internet, but their citizens seem far too scared for revolution.
What does this "revolution" got to do with China and internet censorships? Copyright infringements are thrive in China, just like any other western countries.

p.s. I realized that China is not like what the media says.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
tau281290 said:
What does this "revolution" got to do with China and internet censorships? Copyright infringements are thrive in China, just like any other western countries.

p.s. I realized that China is not like what the media says.
Uh what? So now all media - Western, Eastern, independent, government owned, left-wing, right-win - it's all one big conspiracy against China? I guess Google agreeing to censor all this data or be banned in China is fake too? Google is just trying to make poor old China look bad. :(

China has a massive internet filter in place to censor political, cultural and religious information it doesn't want getting to its citizens. The Tiananman Square Massacre is a good example - banned in China. Another example is the tech news site Slashdot - banned in China.

Having access to piracy doesn't make the Chinese 'free'. :rolleyes:

Tell me, why do you even assume the Chinese government has the best interests of its citizens at heart to begin with? It's a single part state run by powerful, rich oligarch who want to stay rich and powerful.

Last edited:

Debaser33

HSC
I remember seeing an article recently regarding software which was being released into the tubes with an inbuilt tracker, which sent a message to a server with your vital information. Of course, any half decent firewall would stop it dead, but it goes to show that the companies are starting to take the whole deal seriously.
Regardless, this whole "They're after your IP" thing is utter bollocks. Someone having your IP is hardly the be-all and end-all, and the fact is, it's still insanely easy to hide, change, or otherwise alter it. This is a scare tactic, nothing more, and I noted with some satisfaction that the guy who posted it was banned, although he should have been banned for writing in bright red large font.

halfblakCULO

HSC
N/A
i hate when people download music lol

the music inudstry sucks now coz people are lucky to sell 1million compare to a few years ago when people would sell 5 to 10 million

i admit i download music lol who dosnt LOL but it would be awsome if it went all back to normal :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol, i'll neva stop downloading illegal music/games/movies
its all a way of life now, nobody gives a dam about company profits, how sinful it is, etc

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
halfblakCULO said:

the music inudstry sucks now coz people are lucky to sell 1million compare to a few years ago when people would sell 5 to 10 million

i admit i download music lol who dosnt LOL but it would be awsome if it went all back to normal :)
Why do you hate people who download music?

The music industry are fools who are clinging to a monopoly on physical medium distributions which have reaped them more money than the artists have ever gotten, that's why they're so scared.

Your last sentence is stupid.

HSC
AsyLum said:
Why do you hate people who download music?

The music industry are fools who are clinging to a monopoly on physical medium distributions which have reaped them more money than the artists have ever gotten, that's why they're so scared.

Your last sentence is stupid.
+1

Dr. Oyster

HSC
halfblakCULO said:

hahahahhahahahhahah, fool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)