You reckon UOW doesnt advertise their dropout rates bc that would really discourage people? (1 Viewer)

year10studentpreparin

HSC
A good mate of mine said the drop out rates are high for UOW due to them accepting a lot of people for early entry and then people pay money for the courses only to realise its too hard for them and they arent capable and yeah I 100% believe and thought so before but good he confirmed it and that UOW still takes their money haha

Is uni really this hard or some people just too lazy to put in the work or its a combo?

carrotsss

HSC
this is probably useless but my school is quite low ranking and a decent portion of kids go to uow (virtually everyone who applied for it got in early entry), and I’ve heard from a student who heard from a teacher that out of the kids from our school who go into uni, like almost 50% don’t make it to second year :(

axyx

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think any university would advertise their dropout rates. I guess how hard uni is depends on the degree and uni, but for me my 1st semester at uni pretty much started as intense/hard as high school if not easier. The pace allows you to ease into uni as it becomes more demanding. This is why I think trimesters at UNSW are probably harder.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
early entry is a scam

One of my mates has never once studied, probably on track for a 50-60 ATAR and very low ranked in a very low ranking school is going to UOW in summer to do mechanical engineering with honours

Don't hate me but I don't see how that will go well

Although on the other hand another friend who got a high 60's atar like 5 years ago went to Newcastle for early entry engineering and is now 1 year out of uni on $110k a year plus bonuses and is looking at buying a house/apartment in the city

qldbulls

HSC
early entry is a scam

One of my mates has never once studied, probably on track for a 50-60 ATAR and very low ranked in a very low ranking school is going to UOW in summer to do mechanical engineering with honours

Don't hate me but I don't see how that will go well

Although on the other hand another friend who got a high 60's atar like 5 years ago went to Newcastle for early entry engineering and is now 1 year out of uni on $110k a year plus bonuses and is looking at buying a house/apartment in the city
UoN (or STEM department at least) is very underrated. In my opinion probably the best non-capital city uni

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
A good mate of mine said the drop out rates are high for UOW due to them accepting a lot of people for early entry and then people pay money for the courses only to realise its too hard for them and they arent capable and yeah I 100% believe and thought so before but good he confirmed it and that UOW still takes their money haha

Is uni really this hard or some people just too lazy to put in the work or its a combo?
maybe both but a lot don’t put in the work - which is crazy considering the price we pay for the courses (you’d think they would)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)