Young Liberal / Young Labor (1 Viewer)

dey-tuk-re-jobz

cute mc-Cat-ney
HSC
Things I learnt from my brief election experiment last year:
-Young Labor loved my website.
-Tim Andrews has at least glanced at it and remembered my barbs against him enough to quote them in an email to me.

Therefore, Young Labor == Young Liberals.

Muz4PM

HSC
I must say that I am pleastently surprised about the level of Young Liberals here, I would have expected a few more Young Labor members, unless they are too ashamed to own up :D.

I am not yet a member of any party, but after I finish my HSC and enter university I am interested in joining the Young Liberals. I am interested as to what activities you guys get up to, aside from assisting some campaigns during elections.

Haha, NUS.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Muz4PM said:
I must say that I am pleastently surprised about the level of Young Liberals here, I would have expected a few more Young Labor members, unless they are too ashamed to own up :D.

I am not yet a member of any party, but after I finish my HSC and enter university I am interested in joining the Young Liberals. I am interested as to what activities you guys get up to, aside from assisting some campaigns during elections.

Haha, NUS.
At a university level: running our own campaigns for student office, drinking, policy debate/writing, going down to NUS to fuck shit up, etc.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
I'm a Young Democrat (YAD). I ran as a candidate in last year's election.

Things are looking very ordinary for us at the moment, but I am still proud to have stood for the same party that Don Chipp founded 30 years ago.

All is needed for a YAD meeting is a bar. Good Times.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
I just read Education of a Young Liberal and I
have now come to terms with my sexuality.

Boom.

Young Liberals ==== log cabin republicans

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Schroedinger said:
They're too busy caucusing on how to approach this topic.
:D

I don't think there is an official youth wing of the Greens.

We tried to make contact with them last year to form a minor party debate, with Youth First. Never got off the ground though, as Youth First died.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
withoutaface said:
Poor Andrew. He was by far the most popular Lower House candidate for a Minor Party.

I think Family First are dead in NSW though. Really, they got outpolled by the Democrats, that says something.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
sweet_as said:
Poor Andrew. He was by far the most popular Lower House candidate for a Minor Party.

I think Family First are dead in NSW though. Really, they got outpolled by the Democrats, that says something.
It's a shame they're not dead altogether, sure healthy democracy and all that, but they're scary.

I guess they'll always get the fundie vote no matter how many quahs :(

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
It's a shame they're not dead altogether, sure healthy democracy and all that, but they're scary.

I guess they'll always get the fundie vote no matter how many quahs :(
Hmm, I think the fundie vote goes to the Christian Democratic Party in NSW. Now, there is a man that annoys me more than Steve Fielding - Fred Nile. At least Gordon Moyes isn't as extreme as Nile.

I still maintain that Andrew was really a Liberal that went to Family First to beef up his resume.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sweet_as said:
Hmm, I think the fundie vote goes to the Christian Democratic Party in NSW. Now, there is a man that annoys me more than Steve Fielding - Fred Nile. At least Gordon Moyes isn't as extreme as Nile.

I still maintain that Andrew was really a Liberal that went to Family First to beef up his resume.
He's a maoist, and such an outlook has no place in the Liberal party.

K

katie_tully

CSU's student union is so. far. left. it makes my eyes bleed.

I was going to run for elections this year but it all looks so terribly draining.

HSC
I don't see the point of Labor vs Liberals arguments, they're both conservative parties. At least include the Greens, the only progressive party left in Australian politics.

*awaits patiently for howls of "Youse will rooin teh economies!!!!11"*

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Trampoline Man said:
I don't see the point of Labor vs Liberals arguments, they're both conservative parties. At least include the Greens, the only progressive party left in Australian politics.

*awaits patiently for howls of "Youse will rooin teh economies!!!!11"*
The Greens will ruin the economy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)