Young Writer's Showcase notification?? (1 Viewer)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
When are we notified as to whether or not our work has been nominated for showcase?

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
gee that is a long time...well thanks nonetheless, one less thing to worry about right now :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I hope my school mate gets one. He so deserves one and he will probably get it anyway =)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
YWS '08 isn't even out yet. Last year the nominations came out later than usual as well. Who knows when they will this year.

sombrero

HSC
Well done to:

Koby Hagenfelds
Henry Cornwell
Catriona Daly
Hayden Stephenson
Lan Wei
Stephanie Payne
Taylor Lemke-Berry
Lucy Mikaela Hayward
Lorin Elizabeth Reid
Jane Claire Ryan
Holly Voigt
Hariharan Thirunavukkarasu
Alexandra Söderlund
Deirdra Ni Chaoimh
Adam Sacca

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Yes, well done... Wait, who are they?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
well, isn't that a tad slack to say. The works are always heaps good so I have no idea what you're talking about.
I was referring to how corrupt the showcase systems (for all creative subjects) are known to be.

sj1990

HSC
Hey - i dont do extension, but according to the BOS website, all successful showcase students will be notified of their inclusion in their respective showcases mid-November, after all of the written exams are completed. So, I'm guessing around the 18th November we will know.

many-eyeshere

HSC
Goddamit I really want to get into that, but if the rumours are true then I haven't because I've recieved no notification yet:(.

BTW: How much research did everyone do? I had two journals, one for reflection and one for research (each 300 pages). I only sent in the reflection one though because the other was just for bibliography and book keeping.

many-eyeshere

HSC
trust me there's no need to give up on it just yet ;)

wait for the 21st/22nd
Ahh thanks:). You'll definately be though :). I read through some of your major work and I think it's beautifully written. Did you take Japanese at any point in high school? Also I used indenting with my work, don't let jealous peeps make you ashamed of it. I've read some semi-nasty comments on the Highest e2 score thread. You completely deserved your mark.

Asubmarine

HSC
Thanks for that :)

No, just got home and read some of that thread then.. thought it was kind of funny. I'm not that concerned about criticisms unless they're genuine, in depth evaluations. Plus considering the course is done now, i'm way less insecure about it all.

Also as a poet/writer in general there's no way to please everyone.

Anyway I didn't take Japanese previously in high school but I tried learning a bit and some calligraphy as background for EE2 / also just for kicks haha

I saw you posted your work up today and am quite looking forward to digesting some new EE2 poetry over the next couple of days.

Congrats on your mark. I think I saw it was 48 or so in another thread. I'm sure it was well deserved.

many-eyeshere

HSC
Thanks for that :)

No, just got home and read some of that thread then.. thought it was kind of funny. I'm not that concerned about criticisms unless they're genuine, in depth evaluations. Plus considering the course is done now, i'm way less insecure about it all.

Also as a poet/writer in general there's no way to please everyone.

Anyway I didn't take Japanese previously in high school but I tried learning a bit and some calligraphy as background for EE2 / also just for kicks haha

I saw you posted your work up today and am quite looking forward to digesting some new EE2 poetry over the next couple of days.

Congrats on your mark. I think I saw it was 48 or so in another thread. I'm sure it was well deserved.

Thanks, I'd love to hear your opinion.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Ancient Hist: 62/100
Ad. Eng: 81/100
Ext. Eng One : 43/100
Ext. Eng Two: 48/100
Ext. Hist: 28/100
Textiles: 72/100
Japanese cont: 64/100

damn just saw your sig, that must suck so bad you did so good for eng, what happened with your histories, especially ext?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)