Young Writer's Showcase notification?? (1 Viewer)

many-eyeshere

HSC
Ancient Hist: 62/100
Ad. Eng: 81/100
Ext. Eng One : 43/100
Ext. Eng Two: 48/100
Ext. Hist: 28/100
Textiles: 72/100
Japanese cont: 64/100

damn just saw your sig, that must suck so bad you did so good for eng, what happened with your histories, especially ext?

I actually did really well in Extension Hist. for internal, I got 80/100 for the major work and I did well in the trial. I just had a bad HSC run, my mum was really ill throughout all of August- December. So I was juggling HSC, looking after little brother and studying. I aplied for Misadventure but they only accepted it for Ancient Hist and Textiles. Yeah I'm just annoyed. I didn't put enough effort into Ancient Hist though, but to my defense we didn't have a teacher for it since term three year eleven. First we had the vice-princple teaching us with no qualifications then we had a modern teacher for the rest of year tweleve who had never studied ancient.

It's hard to care about HSC when you keep getting screwed over:p.

philphie

Banned
HSC
I actually did really well in Extension Hist. for internal, I got 80/100 for the major work and I did well in the trial. I just had a bad HSC run, my mum was really ill throughout all of August- December. So I was juggling HSC, looking after little brother and studying. I aplied for Misadventure but they only accepted it for Ancient Hist and Textiles. Yeah I'm just annoyed. I didn't put enough effort into Ancient Hist though, but to my defense we didn't have a teacher for it since term three year eleven. First we had the vice-princple teaching us with no qualifications then we had a modern teacher for the rest of year tweleve who had never studied ancient.

It's hard to care about HSC when you keep getting screwed over:p.
sounds like the eco class from my school. they picked a teacher out of random for them, he could hardly stay one lesson ahead. the bad thing is the school actually had eco teachers but they wouldn't let them teach the hsc class because they already had prelim classes

brunx

HSC
i just got my nomination today in the mail.
my major work got 48/50.
they dont want to publish the reflection statement, they want me to submit a 300-350 word reflection to be considered instead.

accio.brain

HSC
wow, congrats to both of you! :) just wondering, did you have to nominate your own work first or did they choose from all the works they marked?

brunx

HSC
wow, congrats to both of you! :) just wondering, did you have to nominate your own work first or did they choose from all the works they marked?
thanks.
they chose the works to be nominated. i think nominations generally go to the works with the highest marks. my teacher and i were both surprised i was nominated considering i didnt get 50 or 49. Perhaps they didnt give out many full marks this year.

brunx

HSC
not solely due to marks - they choose works from the showcase to do just that, showcase a variety of works, with a variety of styles. They do not just pick the top works in the state, as 1) people can copy and 2) all of the top works might be similar. So it's based on marks as well as having a variety.
i know they showcase a variety of styles, but when they send out the nominations wouldnt they just send them out to say...the 100 best works for example? and then from there they then select works based on style, variety etc..?

catherinet

HSC
YAY! i got a letter today saying that i was nominated!
BEST-DAY-EVER!

jmods

HSC
Does anyone have an opinion on whether this 350 word piece would play a role in the selection of the major works for showcase? This seems like a departure from previous years... (especially the headshot that they want for the publication) - but I could be wrong. It's just interesting what the letter said.

Realistically, I don't want to take great pains to craft something great if it doesn't matter, is all. Or, more specifically, I want to make sure that if it does matter that I do a damn good job.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Hmm good q jmods...I'd say it's just an effort to save on space (and also reading other people's RS is not as interesting as their works themselves). I just rehashed my RS for most of it.

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
Did anyone who was nominated go over the word limit, and if so, do you think they will care?

brunx

HSC
have any of you folks who got nominated for the yws been told whether or not you got in? do you know when we will be notified? will we be notified even if we don't get in? ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)