Your bra-style (1 Viewer)

joe_rulez37

HSC
This is probably one of the most stupid question out there, but why is it that girls like to buy different styles/types of bras all the time? I know there's different sorts of bras out there, but why spend $50 on a Victoria's Secret bra, when a $10 one dies the same job?

Sure, people spend loads on designer clothing and famous brands but that's because they're the latest styles and you can show off on the streets and impress other people, but with underwear, who do you show it off to besides your girlfriends and/or boyfriend?

I know there must be a perfectly valid reason out there for girls to spend so much on underwear... the question is, what's the reason? Thanks in advance to those who answer this question!

PrettyVacant

HSC
I like to buy different bras and nice ones because it just makes you feel better. And if we're buying comfy bras, it makes you feel physically better too than if you're wearing a cheapo $10 bra. And where do you find $10 bras anyway?! Even the target brand bras are about 20-ish.

Always

HSC
joe_rulez37 said:
This is probably one of the most stupid question out there, but why is it that girls like to buy different styles/types of bras all the time? I know there's different sorts of bras out there, but why spend $50 on a Victoria's Secret bra, when a $10 one dies the same job?

Sure, people spend loads on designer clothing and famous brands but that's because they're the latest styles and you can show off on the streets and impress other people, but with underwear, who do you show it off to besides your girlfriends and/or boyfriend?

I know there must be a perfectly valid reason out there for girls to spend so much on underwear... the question is, what's the reason? Thanks in advance to those who answer this question!
Don't you like seeing pretty, matching underwear?

Expensive bras look better, fit better and also make us feel better.

Having said that I've decided I hate bras. Nothing fits me so I've given up.

Always

HSC
I don't wear a bra half the time and nobody even notices. Pretty fantastic, really.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Although expensive bras won't necessarily fit better. Honestly, Hot Options bras fit me like a boob-glove. So nice.

That said, I never bothered going into actual bra stores because I wasn't done growing. Now that there's a consistent size happening, I might go and get properly fitted.

HSC
N/A
Always said:
Don't you like seeing pretty, matching underwear?

Expensive bras look better, fit better and also make us feel better.
Quoted for truth. Like other 'quality' items, more expensive bras tend to last longer and you really get what you pay for. It's also a luxury item - even if no-one else sees it, you know you're wearing something pretty just for you, and that makes you feel special :)

Always said:
Having said that I've decided I hate bras. Nothing fits me so I've given up.
Aww :( Don't give up! What's the problem you're having so far? Have you tried looking at brands that make special sizes? (such as size 6 and 8 bras, I hear there are brands that do this)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

drew.spriggs

HSC
ACA has been flogging the U-Bra. They ran a story on it two nights in a row. I wonder how much they got paid to do that.....

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
cheap bras often don't give as nice a silhouette as the more expensive ones.

honestly, i wouldn't care if my breasts were massive or tiny, as long as they had a nice slight teardrop shape, perky, with gentle cleavage.

it really is shape, not size.

also, many girls wear the wrong colour/material/shape bra for their outfit and ruin it. it's a shame, really. they'll buy all these lovely clothes and then wont buy a new, quality bra to go with it.

only sarah jessica parker, madonna and superman can do exposed underwear well.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I really like the contour and balconette bras, but I love the Kaiser Brazillian range (except the bra that plunges really low and I fall out of, even though my boobs are the size of mosquito bites)! However like someone said earlier they don't give the best shape, especially for small boobs, but you just don't wear them under singlets or tight tops.
I'll go any colour in bras, but I really like my blue, orange and black ones.
I love bras...

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
bittersweet_em said:
jesus fucking christ!!!! 10DD!!!!
i have always wondered who has that bra size, its like thin body (10) but massive boobs (DD), you are a very lucky girl!!

for me i love short stories ultimate cleavage collection from Bras and Things :)
my boyfriend says their bras are false advertising because they make my B boobs look like Ds :) For colours I like black, red and hot pink

I only like one bra from elle macpherson (the double skins), I have two other lacy ones from there but the wire is very uncomfortable. Simone Perele also makes really pretty bras!!

lol, im a 10DD and berlei is the style that i luv to wear both casual and sport.

501n2u

HSC
f3nr15 said:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/476/fashion-lifestyle/119108/u-bra.html

The difference is they lift your breasts higher, a wider space in the middle for cleavage as well as effectively putting many breast surgeons out of buisness, with a $30 price tag. They look like the tops of formal dresses

I could use some IPT notes :) ...
Yeah i need to get one of those soon for my semi/social >< havent seen them around yet though... saw it in a smh article lols not that good looking but it's better than the stick-on slicone ones, because you have a gap in the middle and it had support as well im assuming.

roo

HSC
white lady said:
lol, im a 10DD and berlei is the style that i luv to wear both casual and sport.
Compleeetely agree! And I also agree with the confused sizing! I'm a 10DD too and omg it's so hard to find anything decent. Strapless bras are the biggest problems! I actually found a great one from BNT, I think it was Fine Lines, make my boobs look great and not squished!

Anyone else have the problem of your boobs being squished so much it makes you look like you have four boobs instead of two?? Lol.

HSC
N/A
^ only when I was in the wrong size bra. God, that was painful :/

Different size brands have slightly different sizing though... maybe good idea to always try on a bra before you buy, regardless of what size it is?

roo

HSC
glitterfairy said:
^ only when I was in the wrong size bra. God, that was painful :/

Different size brands have slightly different sizing though... maybe good idea to always try on a bra before you buy, regardless of what size it is?
Yep, quite true. Except when relos by bras. I don't know why, but my aunties love buying me bras, most of the time from the UK so I can't return them. And we've all had those days when there's nothing else to wear.. hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)