• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your favoutire exam conditions (1 Viewer)

ratcher0071

HSC
Rebekkie said:
i get exams pretty good :)

laptop
cushioned chair
standard (non exam room) table
in a little room with air con
can eat bite sized food
can drink juice

i do sometimes feel sorry for everyone else
What!!! I feel sad :(

TunaFish

HSC
nerdsforever said:
Dont sit next to smart people
What, why not? Sometimes I deliberately sit where I can see my competition to motivate myself during the exam. Seeing them being focused encourages you to also.

I hate it when teachers talk in the exam hall. They think they're whispering... :rolleyes:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
TunaFish said:
What, why not? Sometimes I deliberately sit where I can see my competition to motivate myself during the exam. Seeing them being focused encourages you to also.

I hate it when teachers talk in the exam hall. They think they're whispering... :rolleyes:
! are you serious? i hate it when u see heaps smart people doing their exams, they are onto like their 10th page and your 8 pages which you were so proud of suddenly seem like shit.

Norma.Jean

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Its the Half-Yearlys, exams suck anyway, but there are environmental factors that may improve your performance or suit your preferences...

Heres my favourite exam conditions:

Low ambient noise -

I dont like the hall being dead silent, neither do I like recess or lunch where kids come out, shout and play.

Wide spacing from other students -

Dont like the English exams due to the fact everyone must sit for it and therefore the hall becomes full and there is a person at every seat. I liked my Physics exam where we were kept a distance away from the Senior Science students.

Clock at a suitable angle and position -

Its important to have a clock on the front of the exam hall/room, it is pointless to have it anywhere else.

Smooth tables -

I just hate it when I happen to sit at a wooden table with cracks, gaps and crevices and often I happen to punch a small hole into the paper while writing, very frustrating. The newer tables with a smooth flat tables are what I always try to occupy first. Dont forget to check your seat, one sucker managed to sit on a wet tissue before looking.

Flickering lights -

Whether its the lack of resources or maintenance, flickering lights are a silent or low-pitched annoyance and disruption and may have a negative effect on the eyes.
+1

Sofstar said:
I hate it when everything is really cramped. They line you up in rows and then when you stretch your feet hits the persons chair in front of you and its just feels really claustrophobic.
+1

yoakim said:
hahaha, i just hate it when it's the last 5 minutes, and everyone tries to be cool by not doing any work, or making stupid noises, or talking to other people. because i never waste any time in exams
+10

vizman said:
rofl damn being able to see the clock is so damn important. for the SC i thought i had only 30 min and rushed through the whole test - before realising i still had 45 minutes left after i had finished :mad1:
Definately about the clock, i just finished my exams and was in line with the pole which surprise surprise ...behind it was the clock so i'm doing some george of the jungle thing swinging back and forth to try and check the time...

jest said:
i don't like it when the supervisor/teacher is standing right behind
me, it feels like they're reading my asnwers...
Gets on my nerves! I'm already stressed enough and then they have a little smirk on there face which i CAN NOT intrepret people....

Also i hate when it is a super cold morning and your hand is frozen cold and you can not write and no matter how much you tell your brain to make it move faster...it's just not going to happen.

When I run out of paper and i asked the teacher for me and she takes her sweet time when a. i'm in an exam with clearly not much time left and b. am left with nothing to do because of lack of paper!

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
TunaFish said:

I was sitting next to a girl for physics that spent I don't know how much time just sitting there, doing strange things. I didn't look but I could kind of see in my peripheral vision that she was doing something. What exactly, I have no idea. Then next thing she starts whispering to the person behind her o.0

You're pretty much safe at the back but some teachers stay at the front and "whisper".

Also a few comments above me about cramping tables. I was doing my business exam and I didn't care because I'm dropping it anyway so I rushed through hoping I could somehow relax or something without looking weird. I couldn't even stretch my leg because everytime I would kick the chair in front of me. Tried twice because I forgot xD So much for relaxing...

Last edited:

TunaFish

HSC
ahhliss said:
I was sitting next to a girl for physics that spent I don't know how much time just sitting there, doing strange things. I didn't look but I could kind of see in my peripheral vision that she was doing something. What exactly, I have no idea. Then next thing she starts whispering to the person behind her o.0
Hah. I want to know who it is! :p
There were a couple of people talking throughout the exam. Some of the girls next to me were seemingly exchanging answers when Ms G briefly left the hall to shush the juniors that were chatting in the corridors. Ms C noticed and said something like "Do.Not.Talk.During.The.Exam. You will be getting a ZERO... iif this was your HSC".

ratcher0071

HSC
TunaFish said:
There were a couple of people talking throughout the exam. Some of the girls next to me were seemingly exchanging answers when Ms G briefly left the hall to shush the juniors that were chatting in the corridors. Ms C noticed and said something like "Do.Not.Talk.During.The.Exam. You will be getting a ZERO... iif this was your HSC".
Same thing happened in my exam. We finished the exam, time was up, and everyone started talking. And "you will be getting zero if this was HSC" . I was like who cares, it's not HSC, it's prelims.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
TunaFish said:
I don't know her name... She always has Kinder Surprise toys on her desk in physics lol. That description doesn't say anything since you're not in my class.

I heard that lol. I didn't hear the pause though, I was at the other end of the hall :S Ms C is nice, but she can be scary and really knows how to shut up a class lol. We'll be full talking in chem and after she screams as us, it's dead silent.

What exam were you doing?

Just threw away my exam timetable =] Finished!

TunaFish

HSC
ahhliss said:
I don't know her name... She always has Kinder Surprise toys on her desk in physics lol. That description doesn't say anything since you're not in my class.

I heard that lol. I didn't hear the pause though, I was at the other end of the hall :S Ms C is nice, but she can be scary and really knows how to shut up a class lol. We'll be full talking in chem and after she screams as us, it's dead silent.

What exam were you doing?

Just threw away my exam timetable =] Finished!
Congratulations. Today was my last exam too :D
Ceelebrate good times, come on! (8)

Oh, I was doing Community and Family Studies. Made up a whole lotta bullshit for the last question because it wasn't really in the syllabus and I didn't study it.
It okay though, because it's Community and Family Studies :p

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
TunaFish said:
Congratulations. Today was my last exam too :D
Ceelebrate good times, come on! (8)

Oh, I was doing Community and Family Studies. Made up a whole lotta bullshit for the last question because it wasn't really in the syllabus and I didn't study it.
It okay though, because it's Community and Family Studies :p
I hardly studied lol. There was a 5 or 6 mark question about models of the solar system they've had in the past which I made up. I never pay attention to the history lol. And another about an experiment. And that's our "long response" :p

I made up stuff for business then realised it was all wrong lol. They said our class haven't even learnt about the second choice of long response but I picked it nd made stuff up lol.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
ahhliss said:
I hardly studied lol. There was a 5 or 6 mark question about models of the solar system they've had in the past which I made up. I never pay attention to the history lol. And another about an experiment. And that's our "long response" :p

I made up stuff for business then realised it was all wrong lol. They said our class haven't even learnt about the second choice of long response but I picked it nd made stuff up lol.
LOL
How can they test you without teaching it - I mean if it's true and you haven't learnt it - you should complain.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
LOL
How can they test you without teaching it - I mean if it's true and you haven't learnt it - you should complain.
Our class is behind. Teacher said there were two choices so we wouldn't be disadvantaged. Besides, I really don't care xD

TunaFish

HSC
ahhliss said:
Our class is behind. Teacher said there were two choices so we wouldn't be disadvantaged. Besides, I really don't care xD
Pfft, that's because you've already decided to drop it :p

I think our class might start a petition against our new Business teacher. He claims that he's taught at Ruse and other schools in the top 20 but you can so tell that he's bluffing it. His area of expertise isn't even in social sciences...
We want Ling back! And you know how bad Ling is. :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i like space and lots of air please, also as our exams are usually in the hall, i dont mind people walking past between periods but noise inside is a bit more distracting. Also, i dont like people looking at me, especially if they're looking at me and writing at the same time!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)