• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your favoutire exam conditions (1 Viewer)

HSC
You can't judge my school on how badly organised ONE department was/is (english).

None of the other departments seem to have any problems organising exams with good working conditions.

bored of sc

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Low ambient noise -

I dont like the hall being dead silent, neither do I like recess or lunch where kids come out, shout and play.
Couldn't agree more - it is paramount that it is quiet but not silent: I guess it has something to do with the fact we need a kind of background noise as a backdrop for our louder exam thoughts in our heads.

selablad

HSC
bored of sc said:
Couldn't agree more - it is paramount that it is quiet but not silent: I guess it has something to do with the fact we need a kind of background noise as a backdrop for our louder exam thoughts in our heads.
That sounds incredibly poetic...:eek:

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i agree, i hate it if its dead silent

we do our exams in the hall which is right next to the science labs and in the half yearly maths there was a canadian teacher (with a booming voice) teaching a class

it was so hard trying to block out all the mitosis and meiosis and focus on maths :/

Pink Oni

HSC
When random people drop calculators on the floor on purposely... Yep, those are my typical exam conditions :(

HSC
i absolutely despise it when the female teachers 'click clack' in their heels in laps around the hall.
or when someone infront of me starts tapping their foot.
drives me INSANE.
dieeeee

Pink Oni

HSC
*Gasp* Have you ever had a teacher/s "hover" around you during a test? That's happening to me lately during half-yearlies, it's so off-putting. What's worse, I'm always infront of the examination hall TT__TT

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
thatsmystapler said:
i absolutely despise it when the female teachers 'click clack' in their heels in laps around the hall.
or when someone infront of me starts tapping their foot.
drives me INSANE.
dieeeee
+1

I wish they wore slippers in the exam room...

rosypink

HSC
OMG so agree with u there - today i just did my ext maths test..and all i can hear is my stupid maths teacher clacking away with her high stupid heals - pisses me off..cant concentrate!!!!!!!!

arghhhh and damn i know i failed ext. maths =[=[

agua.fuego

HSC
I just did my exams in solitary confinement, and I have to prefer being in the room with everyone else than being by myself. It doesn't really feel exam-ish and I spend heaps of time staring out windows.

Then again, it's also good because of silence-like stuff. And I had music going, because the office ladies had the radio going so it was a good rhythm thing.

Last edited:

jazzbaby

HSC
we had our math exam on tuesday and general math had there's at the same time anyway
i noticed that someone was copying my answers from the corner of my eye.. ( yeah i know desks were real close together) and the person that was copying me was from general..and i do 2 u math
bahaha

but yeah the click clack of heels annoys me as well

agua.fuego

HSC
jazzbaby said:
we had our math exam on tuesday and general math had there's at the same time anyway
i noticed that someone was copying my answers from the corner of my eye.. ( yeah i know desks were real close together) and the person that was copying me was from general..and i do 2 u math
bahaha
That's going to be funny when they get their exams back, you think they'd realise that you weren't exactly in their class. Or that their exam looked slightly different to yours.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Typical exam conditions at Sydney Boys:

1. A desk falls down - either on purpose or accidentally (more often than not, on purpose).
2. Someone starts coughing, everyone tags along.
3. This hasn't happened since Year 8, but a teacher was reading a magazine, and she was giggling.
4. Someone yells out something, or makes a really loud pitched scream.
5. Someone makes that really high pitched sound on their phone that makes everyone cringe, but the examiners.
6. Someone rings someone else who they know has their phone upon their person, and the person's ringtone goes off.
7. The bell is extremely loud, and students moving between classes don't obey the detour, and walk past the hall whilst chatting loudly and laughing.
8. Examiners telling students off for looking at each other's paper or talking.

selablad

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
+1

I wish they wore slippers in the exam room...
So do I. All our exam supervisors are old women and they go around barefoot, and their feet are all wrinkly and weird and distract me...:cold:

My English teacher last year came up to me in the middle of the end-of-year exam and started talking to me about sixties music...that was weird :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
selablad said:
So do I. All our exam supervisors are old women and they go around barefoot, and their feet are all wrinkly and weird and distract me...:cold:

My English teacher last year came up to me in the middle of the end-of-year exam and started talking to me about sixties music...that was weird :)
ewww! What a horrible image :p

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Good tables and chairs - I HATE when the table or chair has uneven legs. Everytime you write, it moves around. The smoothness isn't that important as we have writing pads anyway. Even if we write on the actual question paper, we're still given the paper so I can put it under if needed. We've never had a table collapse during an exam, I think it's happened once before the test started.

Silence - As quiet as possible. I hate when the rest of the school are walking around behind the stage >.<" The back of the hall is the office so that end is not very noisy, but the front is the worst with people going behind the stage to get to class. They only close it off for the HSC and possibly the trials, I don't remember. The chemistry exam had someone drilling outside! It was such a headache >.<" It's good how they turn off the bell and everything in the hall though.
During exams, what I want to hear are turning pages. I like to know how my pace is compared to other people xD

Clock, start & finishing times - Clearly shown, for obvious reasons.

Flickering lights - I hate flickering lights anytime. They make me dizzy @_@

Temperature -
I can't write properly when my hands are cold, my writing goes all wonky like a little kid's. I don't want it too hot either because that's just uncomfortable. Last year's English School Certificate trials were on a hot day. It really felt bad.

Teachers - I HATE when it feels like they're looking at your paper or what you're doing. It sucks if you have no clue what you're doing. In the Chemistry exam I was drawing a diagram that I thought wasn't confident about and a teacher walked past D: One chuckled in front of me at that same exam o.0 I think it was at my friend but still, I didn't know at the time!
In the Chinese exam, I looked at the dictionary constantly and I felt like the teachers were judging me. I don't have mental problems by the way xD

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i think the ideal exam conditions would be exactly what my schools are. the room is aircondidtioned so it is comfy. i wish the chairs were more comfy though. i hate wonky legs on chairs and tables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)