Your favoutire exam conditions (1 Viewer)

ratcher0071

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
i like space and lots of air please, also as our exams are usually in the hall, i dont mind people walking past between periods but noise inside is a bit more distracting. Also, i dont like people looking at me, especially if they're looking at me and writing at the same time!!!
what the ... how do they do that :p

cam.t

HSC
I hate it when teachers walk around the room with HIGH HEELS!!! its so annoying.

beve

Jesus
HSC
we had the windows of our exam room open (we had a few demountables) and a bird flew through, brushing my hair on the way. little bastard; I was in the middle of my English paper.

heh.

now those are exam conditions

TunaFish

HSC
the-derivative said:
That's counted as non-verbal communication at my school, so we automatically get zero - if we're caught.
Oh wow. You'd get a zero just for catching someone's glance?
Those are pretty tough rules. :cold:

beve said:
we had the windows of our exam room open (we had a few demountables) and a bird flew through, brushing my hair on the way. little bastard; I was in the middle of my English paper.

heh.

now those are exam conditions
You probably should have asked for extra time due to distractions. :p
If that was to happen at my school all the girls would scream at the top of their lungs and run. Some may describe it as "Fleeing in terror". All because of a bird.

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
Room must have good lighting, fresh air source, non-wobbly big table, no screaming children during lunch and recess, relatively quiet, good spacing between students so there is more breathing space. :)

Stephie-Rae

HSC
bawd said:
Room must have good lighting, fresh air source, non-wobbly big table, no screaming children during lunch and recess, relatively quiet, good spacing between students so there is more breathing space. :)
I swear, for the past 2 years my exam conditions have been the complete opposite to that.

"Room must have good lighting" through most of the exams i remember doing, all of the lights will turn off at least once, and it then takes a few minutes of teachers stumbling around in the dark to turn them back on. And it's not that fantastic even when they're on

"fresh air source" the air conditioners won't be on, so you'll either freeze or be unable to breath, just brilliant either way

"non-wobbly big table" not only are the tables insanely tiny, they wobble terribly and you'll have at least half a dozen peoples collapse during each exam

"no screaming children during lunch and recess" "relatively quiet" the exam room is between the transition class room and the year 6 class room... need i say more

"good spacing between students" yep, nice large room with all of the desks placed in crammed rows, with just enough room for you to be able to pull your chair out enough to sit down.

pretty brilliant

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Stephie-Rae said:
I swear, for the past 2 years my exam conditions have been the complete opposite to that.

"Room must have good lighting" through most of the exams i remember doing, all of the lights will turn off at least once, and it then takes a few minutes of teachers stumbling around in the dark to turn them back on. And it's not that fantastic even when they're on

"fresh air source" the air conditioners won't be on, so you'll either freeze or be unable to breath, just brilliant either way

"non-wobbly big table" not only are the tables insanely tiny, they wobble terribly and you'll have at least half a dozen peoples collapse during each exam

"no screaming children during lunch and recess" "relatively quiet" the exam room is between the transition class room and the year 6 class room... need i say more

"good spacing between students" yep, nice large room with all of the desks placed in crammed rows, with just enough room for you to be able to pull your chair out enough to sit down.

pretty brilliant
Wow... sucks to be sitting an exam in your room.
We have our exams in the Year 12 rooms, because you can fold up the walls and make it into a hall. It's upstairs so it's generally quiet and also we use the same tables we always use in class.

bawd

HSC
Stephie-Rae said:

pretty brilliant
Dude. Chillax. Note that these are my most ideal examination conditions, and they're fictional.

ratcher0071

HSC
Stephie-Rae said:

pretty brilliant
That is seriously F***** up

bawd

HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL fictional.
Those conditions are close to reality for me.
Hah, you're lucky then. Well, the hall in which we do exams is relatively quite but can get quite noisy during recess/lunch. We have good fresh air coming in from the air vents and good lighting conditions. However, I would like bigger tables and I have been lucky enough only to suffer from the wobbly table dilemma for only one of my exams.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
bawd said:
Hah, you're lucky then. Well, the hall in which we do exams is relatively quite but can get quite noisy during recess/lunch. We have good fresh air coming in from the air vents and good lighting conditions. However, I would like bigger tables and I have been lucky enough only to suffer from the wobbly table dilemma for only one of my exams.
LOl tables are probably the worst thing about our exam conditions - because we generally have crap tables, and they use the same crap tables for exams.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
bawd said:
Yup it can get pretty noisy during those times. When I was sitting for my Physics exam I could hear this conversation:

Student A: Shhh! There's an exam in the hall!
Student B: No there isn't.
*looks through hall windows*
Student B: Oh my god, there is an exam!
Student A: Shhhh!

And I think there was a trumpet being blasted in the last 10-15mins of my English Extension Paper just outside of the hall...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Yup it can get pretty noisy during those times. When I was sitting for my Physics exam I could hear this conversation:

Student A: Shhh! There's an exam in the hall!
Student B: No there isn't.
*looks through hall windows*
Student B: Oh my god, there is an exam!
Student A: Shhhh!

And I think there was a trumpet being blasted in the last 10-15mins of my English Extension Paper just outside of the hall...
That's really shifty. We have our exams in Year 12 rooms, to prevent noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)