Your feelings towards internationals. (1 Viewer)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
What are your views?
They say absolutely nothing in the tutes... absolutely nothing.
Also their English can be quite poor, which is really pointless if they do Arts based courses.

(These are generalisations - yeah i know exceptions to the above, but yeah it happens)

I've been in a psychology tute and they won't say anything for the whole 3 hours, except their name...if they're forced to. I remember in that tute we were divided into groups, and i was with 5 asian girls. We had to brain storm issues on a particular issue, nothing was said by all 5 girls, and i just sat their listing off ideas, and they would just say 'oooooo' and scribble it down, towards the end i just said 'look you guys need to contribute too - what ideas have you got?' and we sat there in silence for the next 5 minutes.

Having said that, i know plenty of awesome internationals. It's not speaking fluent English that annoys me, just the general unwillingness to contribute to a group discussion or share any ideas (i'm talking class/tutes here - not even assessments)

nutting

HSC
I think it helps to speak proper English...you get more respect!

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
goodnessme said:
They are kind of similar to some of the DFEE people I know. They dress in Gucci's and carry around Louis Vuitton bags around the campus and think they are fully awesome because their parents are rich enough to get them into a 75 uai course with 70 uai. I think the standards for internationals to get into Australian unis are too low. I think they should scrape ESL english and instead of giving internationals 5 uai off they should give them 5% off- because 95 to 90 is not much but 75 to 70 is a bit too much.
What the fuck you vapid slut, theres an equal difference, how is 5% worth less when its at the higher end of the scale?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Davo1111 said:
They say absolutely nothing in the tutes... absolutely nothing.
Also their English can be quite poor, which is really pointless if they do Arts based courses.

(These are generalisations - yeah i know exceptions to the above, but yeah it happens)

I've been in a psychology tute and they won't say anything for the whole 3 hours, except their name...if they're forced to. I remember in that tute we were divided into groups, and i was with 5 asian girls. We had to brain storm issues on a particular issue, nothing was said by all 5 girls, and i just sat their listing off ideas, and they would just say 'oooooo' and scribble it down, towards the end i just said 'look you guys need to contribute too - what ideas have you got?' and we sat there in silence for the next 5 minutes.

Having said that, i know plenty of awesome internationals. It's not speaking fluent English that annoys me, just the general unwillingness to contribute to a group discussion or share any ideas (i'm talking class/tutes here - not even assessments)
No you do not

こにちは bitches!

nutting

HSC
zeam said:
i fucking hate internationals especially the ones that cant speak english just fuck off home back to your third world country kunt

Perhaps you are not aware that Internationals tend to do very well at University...They come from the elite of their country and having to pay Full Fees at Aussie Unis gives them enuff motivation to out perform bigots like you....

Wake up, Australia depends on Asia for its economic survival....not Europe or USA...Who buys most of Australia's Iron and Coal ?

China
Where are 90 % of your clothes made in ?

China

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nutting said:
Perhaps you are not aware that Internationals tend to do very well at University...They come from the elite of their country and having to pay Full Fees at Aussie Unis gives them enuff motivation to out perform bigots like you....
you're kidding

we get the ones who were too stupid to go to the US or UK unis

it's even worse at regional unis, we get the ones who were too stupid to go to the US or the UK or the Sydney unis -_-

nutting

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
you're kidding

we get the ones who were too stupid to go to the US or UK unis

it's even worse at regional unis, we get the ones who were too stupid to go to the US or the UK or the Sydney unis -_-

Actually I think you made an excellent point.
Throughout Asia, Australians have a reputation of being Laid Back. Some people may read that as " Not Motivated or Apathetic"

Asian who choose Australia over USA or UK universities do so knowing it's easier to compete against redneck Yobos like YOU in the Regional areas who may regard Uni as a time to drink, get stoned and waste dad's money..

UK and USA students are harder to compete against because they are more serious about their studies

By the way, 50% of the Bored-of-Studies website team is Asian:

http://boredofstudies.org/the_team.php

Last edited:
HSC
nutting said:
Australia has a reputation of being Laid Back. Some people may read that as " Not Motivated"

Those Asian students who choose Australia over USA or UK universities do so because they believe that it's easier to compete against redneck Aussie like YOU in the Regional areas who regard Uni as a time to drink get stoned and waste dad's money..

UK and USA students are harder to compete against because they are more serious about their studies
ahahahaha, stupid asians.

nutting

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
ahahahaha, stupid asians.
...who compete with more stupid redneck Yobbos like you ....

Last edited:

nutting

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
AHAHAHAHA! I'm not a redneck. I'm far from it. I'm an Arab.

Sigh ...you disapppoint me...as a ethnic group that faces discrimination....you are demonstrating racism yourself

HSC
nutting said:
Sigh ...you disapppoint me...as a ethnic group that faces discrimination....you are demonstrating racism yourself
AN ethnic*

And relax, it was just a joke. Some of the smartest people I know are Asian.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nutting said:
Throughout Asia, Australians have a reputation of being Laid Back. Some people may read that as " Not Motivated or Apathetic"

Asian who choose Australia over USA or UK universities do so knowing it's easier to compete against redneck Yobos like YOU in the Regional areas who may regard Uni as a time to drink, get stoned and waste dad's money..

that's why there was a scandal a few years back about passing azn students who had broken the rules (plagiarising) for the $$$?

hd average here btw :rolleyes:

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
that's why there was a scandal a few years back about passing azn students who had broken the rules (plagiarising) for the $$$?
A friend of mine is a university lecturer and he says they have to be really careful in examinations because the asians get their friends to do the exam for them - so yeh similar stuff still happens.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Davo1111 said:
A friend of mine is a university lecturer and he says they have to be really careful in examinations because the asians get their friends to do the exam for them - so yeh similar stuff still happens.
haha that's awesome

all really do rook same :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
meh most that i know aren't that bad. do their work, do what they gotta do in groups.

so yeah not that bad. some are really shit at english though and they're all p much epic losers with no social skills.

sometimes i feel sorry for them because all they do is study. then i remember they spend $20k pa on that shit so sucked in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)