Your First Bf/Gf... (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Mine lasted exactly 4 months...I mean EXACTLY. He broke up with me on the day of our 4 months lol (I wasn't laughing then)...by sms. Low blow.

Basically because he got freaked out by how serious how relationship was getting. He was about to start uni and didnt want to be "restrained" by being in a serious relationship.

Sounds like a dickhead...correction: he IS a dickhead. But above all, he's actually a great guy. Just a little misguided in how to treat a girl.

edit: just realised i didnt answer one of the questions: no I don't regret the relationship. we'd liked each other 4 two yrs prior, so we needed to hook up. I regret telling him I loved him though...for many months after that he knew he still had me hooked. goddammit! lol

Last edited:

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Woh...that's a record. 4.5 years?!?!?!?

My first relationship lasted around a year, broke up just before the one-year anniversary. Now, why did it end...that's a good question.

It ended because I got too insecure and jealous, I had made the first move, so it seemed like an achievement to me and it was precious, you know, I held on really tightly. After the initial sweet honeymoon period of 3 months, I'd jump and analyse every little thing he said and did. I'd even got suspicious of his feelings when he didn't say "I love you" first. Furthermore, I'd brought my hot, blonde best-friend at the time into the scene. I'd go on the phone with him and get angry at him for being too friendly with her.

He also felt bad about the fact that it was going too fast physically - we were approaching 3rd base in less than 10 months. Yet, it was the lack of communication and trust which stabbed the relationship to death, in the end it was all physical, it was addictive.

Do I regret any of it?! I don't regret the fact that the relationship happend, but I do regret not being logical enough. It could've continued beautifully, if only I hadn't squeezed the sand out of my closed fist.

Regarding that last question, my answer is no, the feelings will always be there. Still, it doesn't count for the fact that people change, so the love may just be frozen in time, holding onto what she was like at this point in time.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
my real first boyfriend was in about Yr9 and we broke up because our best friends were bored of us being together and manufactured a break up.

we've recently become friends i guess. now we laugh about the whole thing. pretty much because we were a disgusting PDA couple.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
your best friends manufactured a break-up? real nice!

I am still going out with my first boyfriend, we're almost hitting the two-year mark, however we're on a "break" right now because we're fighting a hell of alot and I've found myself becoming restless and non-committed over the past few weeks.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Loz#1 said:
your best friends manufactured a break-up? real nice!
haha it's actually understandable. we were frustratingly annoying whenever we were together which was often out with them. and we both understand. now :p

we didn't find out about it until a few years later anyways. they were very skilful at keeping it quiet.

lengy

HSC
You people still dwelling on the past huh?

lengy

HSC
Yeah I do, I just choose not to think about it. 2 months.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
2 months? all of my relationship, bar my pathetic 2 week fling, have been much longer than that! :p

i think you need a girl sweetie

lengy

HSC
Nah, 2 months was enough to get things done. :eek:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
quick mover hey;)
that totally explains why you bludge, dont study, and flirt with chicks all over the place who you've never met (but dont actually get past flirting :p)

lengy

HSC
Actually everything happened in the first month... the second month just went down hill. =\

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*waves*
One week of uni left, need to get through argh!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
:wave:
1 week plus exams? or 1 week total

i've still got this week, then 2 more (well technically 3, but i'll only be there for 1 night in the last week)...and 5 big assignments, plus another little one to re-do...rabble rabble rabble

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No exams, one song/analysis due friday, then I'm done :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
My first relationship lasted 2 years. We broke up because we simply weren't the same people anymore and we really grew apart (we went out from the time we were 14 to 16 so people change a heap during that time)

I regret some things, one major thing in particular from that relationship but all in all it was a positive experience and I have some very good memories from those days. We don't talk anymore, not because theres any animosity but there just simply aren't any more common interests/mutual friends. Whenever I see him I'll always say hi and give him a hug.

With regards to long distance relationships:

If you break up BECAUSE its becoming a long distance relationship then this is a bit of a cop out. If you truly love someone, you'll stick by them no matter how far the distance is and you'll wait.

If you come to the conclusion mutually that you'll break up for the time being then I don't know... sometimes those situations work and other times they'll never work again because the thought of the person you love with someone else will break your heart.

So in essence yes. If the relationship has broken up because of distance and it wasn't your choice, then you probably always will love them. On the assumption there was love to begin with of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)