your most difficult module and text? (1 Viewer)

boycalledfox

out of curiosity, what do you personally consider to be the most difficult module and text?
hell, i'll ask another.
what do you consider to be the most interesting?

SkAnDi

HSC
Transformation of Hamlet and RAG definitely to be the hardest one.

It's all abotu CONTEXT, CONTEXT and CONTEXT!

My trial i got 15/20 for it. *sigh*

The most interesting would have to be powerplay-1984, it's like learning aboiut stuff happening at the moment, motives and consequences. I like it.

manly girl

Love Powerplay + 1984

Loathe Change + My Place

I guess its not really a module, but I bitterly hate it just the same.

Rosencrantz

R+G and Hamlet are pieces of cake, so is powerplay, its Wild Swans that annoys the seven different types of beejesus out of me.
My usual essay marks (out of 20) are about 15-17, peaking at 18 and min of 13. Not bad for someone who hasn't studied til now, however in the trials Wild Swans gave me not even my low 13!
AHH! Not to mention how i fudged power play by accident (read the quetion Rosencrantz... read the question...)

If i was religious i'd be praying now, i'm just going to have to settle for a slight case of panic (hidden beneath my composed surface) and mad studying.

Critical Study--the 12 speeches just KILLS ME--way too much to remember!

But I love Hamlet and R&G
And powerplay isn't that bad

Although, i'm sick of writing about change and the stupid PS poems

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I would have to agree on that one. King Lear involves the most thought and desperate clawing for marks. Pity though - it is the one text in the entire course (which I'm doing) with any depth...

:)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Module B - Critical Study
John f*cking Donne
its always been my worst module, and I got a demorlising 13/20 for it in the trial :(

sif not 99

Considering I lost more marks on the standard than adv paper (7:4) in the trial prolly have to be change, it shits me. Then again in adv its probably module B lear that annoys me the most.

esther

HSC
i HAte module c- telling the truth Ted Hughes....
ive dun soooo bad in that module its not funni...
everyone seems to hate lear... i dun mind lear the readings u just need to noe the main jist of things and its ok but i hate learning the quotes for lear...
emma and clueless- im sick and tired of
my place is ok but i HATE creative writing....
well if u think about it i hate eng on the whole, id rather do another unit of maths than eng =)

ben

I just hate the english course. I wish we could just learn like 3 texts in depth - no context, no interpretations, no supplementary texts.. ARGH!

I find King Lear the hardest because it is the most uninteresting - at least in comparison to Telling the Truth (Frontline) and In the Wild (BR and BNW).

I also find Area of Study hard because I always get a crap mark because I always run out of time and end up with section II or III 1 or 2 pages only.

HSC
Originally posted by ben

I find King Lear the hardest because it is the most uninteresting - at least in comparison to Telling the Truth (Frontline) and In the Wild (BR and BNW).
My sentiments exactly.

I'm going really well in every aspect of English except KING LEAR, cos its the least interesting and I actually don't know exactly what to study and what to do in the exam. I find everything else in english very interesting and therefore I go really well. I'm doing Blade Runner/Brave New World, Frontline and Shrzynecki, I actually *gasp* enjoy doing them....

Lillith

I agree with Ben...Im doing Frontline and BNW and BR and i find them ok and interseting AND Lear is killing me. my class barely had time to really study Lear in depth as well as past productions of Lear. Im positive Ill fail Section II in modules.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
well i didn't think it was the hardest at first, but i seem to be doing consistently badly in it ~ emma and clueless

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
King Lear is crap

i think king lear is the hardest module, but is also interesting, if that makes sense?

i'm really worried about the question they could give us and i really want to go good in this exam, ahhhhhh

telling the truth (the justice game) is also shit

BNW and BR is the best and simplest module

Cherries

:mad: I love Frontline as a text but i loathe the concept Telling the Truth. I just cant put it all together.

I also hate Change in OPerspectives. Peter Skrzynecki should be shot.

I find King Lear to be the most interesting probably because i can relate a little the Regan.:)

quartic

Originally posted by Cherries
:mad: I love Frontline as a text but i loathe the concept Telling the Truth. I just cant put it all together.

I also hate Change in OPerspectives. Peter Skrzynecki should be shot.

I find King Lear to be the most interesting probably because i can relate a little the Regan.:)
I have the same problem with Telling the Truth but I think once you have some ideas about what Skrzynecki is about its not that bad. My change essays have consistantly been my best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)