your most difficult module and text? (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
Out of Hamlet/R&G, 1984 and Donne I'd say 1984 is the most frightening for me now because of the funny questions I've seen on it. The Catholic one looked awful, I really don't know how I'd have done on that if I'd sat it. Transformations questions are all basically the same and Donne questions are fairly straightforward too :)

Milly

I'm doing Harwood, Emma/Clueless, Frontline and Lear. I like everything except for Change - what a load of royal bullshit. "The only constant is change..." *barfs*

ben

Originally posted by Milly
I'm doing Harwood, Emma/Clueless, Frontline and Lear. I like everything except for Change - what a load of royal bullshit. "The only constant is change..." *barfs*
I agree! But that's the whole english for you really.

angel_kate

I really feel that none of you can complain...
I do In The Wild: The Tempest (shakespeare) and The Explorers (Tim Flannery).
Not only are they pathetic texts and the concept of the whole module being so hard to grasp, I go to one of the 2 or 3 schools in the STATE to study it and there are no excel study guides or any other notes to help.
Ok, ive had my whine for the day!
but, beat that!!! lol!!!!

stressed02

well i'm glad alot of us do hate King Lear! at least i know i'm not the only one... maybe if we all do crap they'll feel sorry for us and realise its POINTLESS and boring... but i guess that doesn't solve anything, its still boring and its still difficult.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I actually like all the texts.... purely as a text. BUT the load of CRAP they teach is abhorrant... :mad:

I can quote from one of my additional materials:
"I feel the teachers destroy the kids' love for English and writing, because they get you to read the book together, then they'll tell you what the Education Department told them it mean and what the book is about. So if you have your own opinions about the book, they don't really want to knowabout it and you get a bad mark."
I'm still wondering whether I should incorporate this into my change sessay in the end...:p

I feel this especially for King Lear.

edit::uzi: :uzi: HSC:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

ben

Yeah seems like everyone hates king lear and change.

:chainsaw: LEAR :chainsaw: CHANGE :chainsaw:

mastermind

Definitely has to be STOLEN CHILDREN - AHHHH! hate that text.....

I also do BNW/BR, Caesar and Donne - they're not too bad, but I personally don't like poetry too much.:mad:

fillstar

HSC
DONNE...may i curse that name

no matter how hard i try, i cant get decent marks

jenster

i think the whole english course is kinda irrelavent. i mean just studying texts? there is more to enlgish than texts. i think a better skill would be being taught to write rather than reading and analysing.
i particuarly don't like area of study. really the only module i am compelled to study would be rosecrantz & guildenstern are dead, even still i find hamlet boring, so i can't win.
can't wait until next week is over... i have 13 hours of exams in that week! and when this whole thing is finally over i want to see a lot of happy, smiling, 'finished the hsc' people when i am out at night! (which will be EVERY night!)

tweakin

I orignally thought john donne was the toughest...but the past couple of days ive learnt a heap more and understand it much better.... so maybe hamlet and R&G is the toughest now?

tweakin

Originally posted by jenster
and when this whole thing is finally over i want to see a lot of happy, smiling, 'finished the hsc' people when i am out at night! (which will be EVERY night!)
Count me down for it.
;)

nicole2511

i love ondaatje's in the skin of a lion- studying it has been great, really insightful, but i hate writing about it

i find ros/guil and hamlet the easiest to write about and i love the show frontline, but studying it is soooo tedious and POINTLESS!! although i have developed a very stong dislike of CA shows as a result..grrr stupid today/tonight:chainsaw:

angel_kate

i actually think the whole syllabus needs to be changed. i mean, when r we EVER going 2 need to know how texts show that people have changed, or the relationships between humanity and nature????

ben

I wish we could just look at an interesting book, learn the plot, themes and characters.

Then write an essay (yes an essay, not a speech) on it in 60 minutes (yes, no 40 minutes 'name dropping' crap) WITHOUT related texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)