Your subject regrets (1 Viewer)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
regretted chem for a bit but now I love it and wouldn't change it for anything

BombMacBomb

HSC
Uni Grad
I regret doing HSC physics but I'm not sure what I would have done in its place. It's a subject that pretends to be physics, but is really full of utter crap.
2/10 would not recommend physics.

photastic

HSC
I regret doing HSC physics but I'm not sure what I would have done in its place. It's a subject that pretends to be physics, but is really full of utter crap.
2/10 would not recommend physics.
The old syllabus was heaps better.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Regrets: Biology which I dropped anyway thank goodness
Should've done: Modern History
I regretted doing biology too.... it was really boring and there was lots of content. However, the scaling saved my atar

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably Biology,but it all turned out okay subject wise in the end..

DLMisme

HSC
Absolutely regretted Earth & Enviro... It was so boring, I had no interest in it but I hated all subjects offered on that line. I would've loved to have done Chemistry.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
I regret selecting Economics, because it's something I'd rather do in university. Instead, I wish I selected another language subject, like German Beginners. I really wish I did Italian or German in years 9 and 10 so I could do Cont./Ext. level.

Also, I wish I could have done Ancient History. Perhaps AHY over CHM?

I wanted to do 12 units, and I'm doing 11 which is disappointing for me. :\

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
Regret: Biology, it's such a BS subject lol. Why? Because it's pure rote learning, and it doesn't require any of your intellect at all, so you either know the content or you don't. For future students who thrive on critical thinking, avoid this horrible subject like the plague. *shudders*
totally feel you. thats why when i dropped chem i wanted to kms because none of my other subs really required any intellect (except maybe english, but all we are doing right now is watching a movie so..bleh.) all bio is is rote learning/ reading and my class has some incredibly dumb people who dont know anything >.> THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A TICK (AS IN THE PARASITE) WAS. I WANTED TO CRY. and they ask the dumbest questions that i can tell even the teacher probably questions herself why she is even alive and teaching this class :|

i guess biology is interesting when you think about how the human body works and all, but other stuff like evolution and how plants work i do not care for.

bakstar

HSC
I regret dropping SDD at the start of year 12 and keeping economics. Even with the lower scaling, purely the extent of how much better I am in SDD would have compensated for it.

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Keeping economics until the end of last year. I should've dropped it before the first assessment so I wouldn't have had to spend time making notes for economics and I would've gotten more free periods to work on the other subjects that I cared more about. It makes me kinda sad knowing without economics, I think I would've done a tiny bit better in all my other subjects with the potential extra time :(

klee98

HSC
WARNING: RANTING
Regretted doing chemistry, not because i loathed the subject, it's because of the teacher and the screwed up system. 8 Weeks in term 4, and we've only finished year 11. It was only recently, more like last week actually, we finished module 1 year 12. I'm getting a headache just by thinking of the pace we're going.

I should've home schooled...

rawrliongirl

HSC
WARNING: RANTING
Regretted doing chemistry, not because i loathed the subject, it's because of the teacher and the screwed up system. 8 Weeks in term 4, and we've only finished year 11. It was only recently, more like last week actually, we finished module 1 year 12. I'm getting a headache just by thinking of the pace we're going.

I should've home schooled...
i feels ya. i shouldve been home schooled too.
teachers at my school (science faculty espesh) suck so badly. we dont learn properly, and sometimes we dont learn anything at all.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Did;

Y11 - Eng Adv, Advanced, MX1, Physics, Chem, Econ, Legal
Shouldve done - Eng Adv, Advanced, MX1, Phys, Econ, Business, Modern

Y12 - Eng Adv, MX1, MX2, Chem, Econ
Shoulve done - Eng Adv, MX1, MX2, Econ, Business

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
i feels ya. i shouldve been home schooled too.
teachers at my school (science faculty espesh) suck so badly. we dont learn properly, and sometimes we dont learn anything at all.
Omg that science faculty is legit the worst. Apparently one of the male teachers (you can probably guess who) got fired from Ruse or something lmao

tantantan

HSC
Regrets: fucken bio its like being put to sleep every class, i cant even try critically think to learn or understand the content better because there is NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT

visual art. honestly just liking art, drawing , being the average kid that enjoys art. its not worth to waste a precious two years on this crap. dont do it, art theory is boring and mundane, useless to the practical citizen out there. Unless u want to be a curator, art historian, or hnless it tickles your pickle like nothing else plz dont do it. low scaling aswell.

not doing asking if i was legible for chinese continuers bcos heritage was just way out of my league. i think people are pressured to forget about the presence of language subjects and dont consider them because the vast majority of high scaling or talked about subjects are not. Do open high school if u need to. its fantastic. i did it for prelim becos of the timetable clash caused by my science subjects (bio and physics). They teach language way better than at school in a classroom environment. its very individual focused and u one on one time with a teacher over the phone.

Shouldve: kept Physics, we had a really smart arse old fart for first term and he really build my basic understanding for the subject but he left cos he is a bitch. We got a young teacher in stead but he cant teach cos he is young, he doesnt have a professional attitude most of the time, and i knew everyone in the class is gonna fail so i was like fuck this. but then i realised (now) u can just get it tutored outside and learn that shit way better. i realised i remember alot of prelim stuff after lookin at some tutor homework of my friends.

basically, choosing the easy way out might not be what you really wanted long term. hope u get something from this kids

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)