Your top 10 ultimate favourite books (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Won't name ten, but my most recent recommendation would be 'PURE' by Julianna Baggot.

Awesome read. Vivid imagery, a little gruesome in parts but necessary to convey brutality of the post-apocalyptic world they live in.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
You lose me slightly with the King but otherwise I think I love you. I would have had Earnest as my no1 if I included poems, and probably would have squeezed An Ideal Husband in there somewhere too. But yeah, Harry Potter, Dorian Gray, Earnest, Price and Prejudice, Animal Farm, Hitchhikers guide are all amazing.
Hehehehhehe
As strange as it sounds, I'm somewhat sentimental towards Misery.

I'm in the minority when I say I liked the first 3 more

Hated angsty potter in 5 and 6
I didn't enjoy Harry Potter until 3. I hated the first 2, though it could be because I honestly didn't warm to the series until about 2007 and the first 2 are rather.. simple?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hehehehhehe

I didn't enjoy Harry Potter until 3. I hated the first 2, though it could be because I honestly didn't warm to the series until about 2007 and the first 2 are rather.. simple?
I kinda liked the simplicity though, I guess it made the narrative more "pure" imo.

Like my fondest memory of dumbledore is actually in the mirror of erised scenes in the first novel

HSC
Uni Grad
Looking back I agree but I was obsessed since the start, read the books over and over legit aspie style, first 4 ive read ~20 times, 5th one about 12, 6th about 5-6, and last one twice (and havent read any others since, reading the last one through twice).
Last one just sealed it so I can't really read them anymore, would just feel super strange.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Looking back I agree but I was obsessed since the start, read the books over and over legit aspie style, first 4 ive read ~20 times, 5th one about 12, 6th about 5-6, and last one twice (and havent read any others since, reading the last one through twice).
Last one just sealed it so I can't really read them anymore, would just feel super strange.
Yeah, I definitely think being a ~**~late bloomer~**~*~ to reading them affected my opinion of the series. I've read #3 a lot a lot, as it's one of my favourite books of all time but the rest of the series, I've only read through 2-3 times. It was interesting to go back and reread the series knowing how all the characters end up (read: Snape) and it's fascinating to see how much JKR had planned the whole series in the first few alone.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Snape is an awesome character, and I genuinely felt sorry when he died :(

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh that's true.

Lol I remember discovering it in year 3 our teacher randomly read it to us, and after first chapter I liked it so went and bought at shops (one of the first things I ever bought I think maybe).

Started reading it at 2:39 on the Saturday, finished at 3:39 on Sunday, but I think I skipped a fuckton cos mum read it and was talking about Norbert the dragon and I was like umm wtf who dat (lmao).
I dont count that as one of my reads btw lol.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
How do you not like Misery?

I mean, I couldn't get past page 200 and something of The Shining (THEY ONLY JUST GOT TO THE HOUSE AND NOTHING HAD HAPPENED FOR A GOOD 80 PAGES. NOTHING.), but I think Misery would be good. (Haven't read it)
Don't read Moby Dick brah

carpe_diem

HSC
Hehehehhehe

Books 3 and 4 are my favourites

carpe_diem

HSC
I only read parts of 1-5. Then gave up.

I read like the first ~150 pages of 1, 2 and 5 and ~50 pages of 3 and 4.

So boring.

Nup. I've enjoyed a few fantasies in my day (deltora quest and Roald Dahl books were the gr8est), and I've read a few murder mystery-like things, but I just didn't enjoy the constant mapping of shit in Shining without any actual content, and I just found HP boring.
You sir, are awesome :D Brings back primary school memories :)

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
I loved deltora quest a lot, didnt mind the anime version (though it wasnt anything special, really good animation technique in parts though) but only seen a few eps so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)