Your top 25 videogames of all time (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
**Top 5 shoot 'em ups** (unordered)
doom
quake
COD4
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye

sthcross.dude

HSC
fav 1st person shooters:

bioshock
Goldeneye 64
call of duty 4
Jericho
Perfect Dark
Half Life 2
call of duty 2

fav RPGs

final fantasy 7
lufia II
GTA III
GTA vice city
GTA SA
GTA IV
pokemon :eek:

fav adventure games:

zelda: ocarina of time
zelda: twilight princess
uforia

fav platformers:

super mario galaxy
mario 64
mario 3
sonic 2
ducktales (on gameboy)
wario: master of disguise
banjo-kazooie 64

fav 'other' games:

diddy kong racing
WWF no mercy
WCW Vs NWO Revenge

jimmayy

HSC
1) Killzone
2) final fantasy series
3) kingdom hearts series
4) tekken :O
5) COD 4
6) halo series
7) mario kart
8) NBA of course ^^

my computer games :O
1) warcraft
2) Rose online
3) ragnarok online

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
1) Neverwinter Nights (+ expansions)
2) The Sims
3) GTA Vice City
4) Total Annihilation
5) Disney's Hercules
6) Pokemon Yellow/Silver/Crystal
7) Kingdom Hearts
8) Heroes III of Might and Magic
9) Sim Copter
10) Tekken
11) Soul Calibur
12) Abe's Odyssey
13) Street Fighter
14) Diablo II
15) Destruction Derby
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) World of Warcraft
18) Anna Kournikova Smashcourt Tennis
19) Mario Tennis
20) Battlefield 1942

PC

HSC
N/A
Clearly you lot need to get out more. It does say "of all time".

1. Pac Man
2. Tetris
3. Super Mario Bros
4. Galaga
5. Lode Runner

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
good work living in the past then, douchebag

were you even born when any of those came out by any chance?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
top 10

1. ff 12
2. ff 10
3. ff 10-2
4. ff 7
5. starcraft
6. ff dirge of cerberus
7. soul calibur 3
8. medal of honour vanguard
9. diablo 2
10. warcraft 3

comm-u-nist

HSC
N/A
i reckon Age of empires 2, empire earth 1, cod4, halo1, cs, empires dawn of the modern world, civilisations 4 etcetc are pretty good.

bmn

HSC
How could u mention Pokemon without metioning either Starcraft or Portal. In fact how could Pokemon be one of the best games of all time. SC first then portal. Pokemon - come on, have you lost your lives completely by playing Wow 25 hours a day? I didn't see portal mentioned once. SHAME ON YOU!!!

TPot

HSC
Games? I love games, favourites in no particular order would have to be...

1. NWN (Computer) (Playing online for the last 5 years, depends on the server you play on though, some seriously kick ass.)
2. FEAR (Computer)
3. Tetris (Oh my god! The falling blocks! Do they ever stop?!)
4. Diablo 1 (Computer) (Sorta preffered the first to the second, can't wait for 3.)
4. Doom 1 (Computer) Haven't played the 3rd yet, loved the original two though.)
5. Doom 2 (Computer)
6. Black and White (Computer) ( Swim villagers! Swim!)
7. Morrowind (So much stuff to do...)
8. Oblivion (If only it would work on my computer...)
9. NWN2 (If only that'd work on my computer as well.)
10. Resident evil. (No number, any of them. They all pwn.)
11. Warcraft 2 (Didn't like the style of 3 that much.)
12. Final Fantasy 8 (Woot! It's a frikken dinosaur!)
13. Final Fantasy 10 (Pantene hair, now even video games have it.)
14. Final Fantasy 10-2 (The system in that was great, and they went back to the timed combat. FF12 pissed me off with the combat system, so much potential wasted...)
15. Starcraft/Brood war
16. Portal!
17. Lemmings!
18. Dungeon Siege 2 ( The bucket, +10% to looking like an idiot.)
19. Diablo 2 (Not as good as the first though)
20. Pingu extreme! (http://www.verydodgy.com/downloads/flash/pingu.html Does that count?)

I'll stop there.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
TDjie said:
1) Neverwinter Nights (+ expansions)
2) The Sims
3) GTA Vice City
4) Total Annihilation
5) Disney's Hercules
6) Pokemon Yellow/Silver/Crystal
7) Kingdom Hearts
8) Heroes III of Might and Magic
9) Sim Copter
10) Tekken
11) Soul Calibur
12) Abe's Odyssey
13) Street Fighter
14) Diablo II
15) Destruction Derby
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) World of Warcraft
18) Anna Kournikova Smashcourt Tennis
19) Mario Tennis
20) Battlefield 1942
15) Destruction Derby
... good old days.

btw a few pages back and the games all seem pretty shit

Pace_T

HSC
call of duty 2, sp and mp. i was the king of this game online haha
warcraft 3
counter strike
mafia
battlefield 1942

theres a lot of shit games out these days. all fancy graphics but not as fun imo

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Out of 15 since I'll have a few games in certain slots:

1. Chrono Trigger/Tales of Phantasia/Final Fantasy VI/Seiken Densetsu 3 - A quad-fecta? at the helm which I simply cannot break. These are the games that got me into video game studies, through their sheer innovation and depth at the time (though I have yet to find a game to rival CT or FFVI in terms of sheer depth or ToP/SD 3 in unique battle systems). If you've never played any of these and like RPGs, then you are doing yourself a disservice.

2. Goldeneye - I haven't wasted as much hours on a game outside of this. Revolutionised FPS games on consoles. Getting the Facility Invincibility cheat is still one of my prouder moments with video gaming. Need I say more?

3. The Legend of Zelda 64 - Completing this shiny gold game through for the first time and reliving all those wonderful dungeons and bosses was truly a great event. While Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past are also quite awesome, this really showed what you can do with the LoZ series, and has set a precedent for quality and attention to detail.

4. Tetris - Mobile gaming has come a long way, with touch screens, cut scenes, and whatnot, but fiddling around with the big clunky Gameboys of old was just pure win.

5. Jet Force Gemini - Probably a little known game on the N64, this game came out near the end of the 64's lifespan but really pushed what to expect from adventure games. Massive landscapes, great character designs, and a robo-dog with rocket launchers.

6. Action Quake 2 - A mod, so technically not a 'game' but this introduced me into the manic world of online FPS games and it was a game where people died when you shot them. Something thats become more and more difficult to do of late.

7. Metroid Prime - Seeing the visor fog up for the first time....and the sparks from the gun battles, and the sheer isolation you felt brought memories of the old Super Metroid games rushing back.

8. Lylat Wars - DO A BARREL ROLL.

9. Dawn of War / Company of Heroes / Age of Empires - I hold these games above the Blizzard made ones purely because they were exceptions rather than the very highly polished and quality 'rule' of Blizzard games.

10. Diablo I & II / Starcraft / Warcraft - I hold them all in the same regard, great games and really hit the nail on the head in their chosen gameplay. Not really revolutionary but very well polished.

11. Rez - A very simple 'music' game, but one which is highly addictive and unique in its gameplay. I'm still hunting for the 'vibrating' add-on and a girlfriend to play it with though...

12. Pro Evo Soccer series - Just gets better and better, precision, realism and everything you really want from a sports simulator. Saw the Wii version was out, and keen on finding out how that plays with the wii mote.

13. Messiah/Wipeout/Silent Hill/Chrono Cross/Guilty Gear - I credit these 5 games with some of the best uses of music in videogames, one of my research/personal interests. Messiah showed a very awesome battle/passive transition which has become the norm of late, Wipeout introduced the commercial world to video games, Silent Hill and Chrono Cross soundtracks I could just leave on as ambience and fall asleep to them for hours on, and Guilty Gear...well Daisuke Ishiwatari directed, created, coded, voiced AND composed the music to this series. (Not a fanboy or anything).

14. Metal Gear Solid (PSX) - the definitive interactive film/game. The top down view was something I wasn't expecting when I first played this, and the story was pretty epic. Great use of sound and visuals to create a truly immersive story on screen.

15. Killer Instinct - While Street Fighter, Tekken, and King of Fighters take most of the attention, I have a special place for this great game. Not only were the graphics quite amazing for its time, but the gameplay and combos on the console were just so darn insane, but once you got into the swing of things, melting faces with Fulgore just reeked of win.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
aye yo good list man. props on the sd3, maan i've played that game to death. so much variety.

and have you got rez from xbla on the 360?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, the SNES really was the king of RPGs, and yeah I got the Rez HD from XBLA, been revisiting it fondly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)