Your Top/worst Subject? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We're also doing something involving Magnesium Oxide, that involves the atomic weights, as well as some ratio thing. Not exactly sure yet. Ask The Kaiser. But indeed, balancing chemical equations, finding the valency of certain radicals are all pretty Maths-ey.

Also, our teacher started talking about calorimetry.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
It's great :D Although if you want to do it, be prepared to put in a lot of time because even if you might understand everything, there is quite a lot of content to cover. But yeah, definitely give it a go if you love maths.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Mark, if you don't mind me asking, which school do you go to?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
At my school, a whole ton of people are automaticly enrolled into 4U Math. They don't get a choice. Thats pretty much all the smart people (such as me and only me, cause i'm the only smart guy at my school) and a whole heap of not so smart people too, more than a whole class is enrolled into 4U automatically. And most of them get E4 (i think highest band) usually.

bored of sc

HSC
foram said:
At my school, a whole ton of people are automaticly enrolled into 4U Math. They don't get a choice. Thats pretty much all the smart people (such as me and only me, cause i'm the only smart guy at my school) and a whole heap of not so smart people too, more than a whole class is enrolled into 4U automatically. And most of them get E4 (i think highest band) usually.
how can people be dumb and the highest band in X2 maths??

Kujah

HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
By the way, how's extension 2 maths Mark - I'm in a debate with whether I should do it.
Try it if you're doing well in 2U and 3U. There's no harm in doing so, and you can always drop it if you find it too difficult.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'd love someone to prove that wrong.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
No way, i'll definantly come first in 4U Math! The people in my school are way too slow at picking up concepts.

Deadlyned

HSC
foram said:
No way, i'll definantly come first in 4U Math! The people in my school are way too slow at picking up concepts.
It's not about where you come in your class, rather its where you come in the state ;)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
As long as i come first in my school, my school mark will be scaled to full marks, and all i have to worry about is getting a good mark in the hsc, which will be easier than my school tests.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
As long as i come first in my school, my school mark will be scaled to full marks, and all i have to worry about is getting a good mark in the hsc, which will be easier than my school tests.
If your school gives you full marks, but your grade cohort does shit - you will get scaled down. The HSC exam moderates your school marks. (I think? :p)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
It's okay. My school's in the top 20, and the average is the top band in 4U math at my school.

RozBoz1

HSC
best Geography = 93% then Ancient = 91%

worst = Mathematics = 79%

i love geog and ancient and society so they are easy.
laothe english although i can write fast in exams so i seem to do well... hmm hah

H4rdc0r3

HSC
foram said:
It's okay. My school's in the top 20, and the average is the top band in 4U math at my school.
what is manly high? is it even a school?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
RozBoz1 said:
best Geography = 93% then Ancient = 91%

worst = Mathematics = 79%

i love geog and ancient and society so they are easy.
laothe english although i can write fast in exams so i seem to do well... hmm hah
Wow, that is the highest mark for the "worst subject". Well done!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
H4rdc0r3 said:
what is manly high? is it even a school?
It is Selective High School. So, whatever Foram is saying must be true. All fully Selective High Schools tend to have rankings within top 30 or 20.

Famguy

HSC
Best Subject - English ( 93%)
Worst Subject - Chemistry (80%)

HSC
best subject - italian continuers (94%) then bio at 93%
worst subject - business studies (75%)

not too bad, but in future i'll study for my tests so hopefully i can pick that 75 up to 80+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)