You've F*CKED up EX2 and you KNOW it. (2 Viewers)

chopsticks0209

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Hey if you're putting your assessment or raw marks into SAM, then you're using it wrong. Don't worry :) , SAM calculates your UAI on your final HSC mark, not the unmoderated school assessment mark you're getting now.
ahh .. you've made me feel better already :p loves you lots!

hopefully everyone turns out ok.

btw, a [good] teacher i know just told me that someone got 18/50 for their work, yet still managed to get 96UAI. which is like ... *woah*.

so i guess i'm trying to convince everyone and myself that if you do well in everything else for HSC tests [because i've ROYALLY F'd my trials] then you'll be ok. besides, the hardworking bastards pull your marks up. or so i've heard.

so: don't give up, believe in yourself, you can touch the sky, fly up high and all that other disgusting bullshit that they feed our minds.

boo yah everyone. ;)

Classic Rudiger

Such if Life.
HSC
you can't define post modernism, the post modernists themselves resent being defined.

my reflection statement was the best
started it at 2 in the morning finished at 5
I used a lot of really big words and phrases in non-sensical order.

and I did three short stories which had absolutely zero relationship to each other so trying to explain that was interesting at 2 in the morning.

i fucked it.
but I don't care.
I got 12 hours sleep in the 100 hours before it was due without any pills or anything - now that I am proud of

HSC
chopsticks0209 said:
ahh .. you've made me feel better already :p loves you lots!

hopefully everyone turns out ok.

btw, a [good] teacher i know just told me that someone got 18/50 for their work, yet still managed to get 96UAI. which is like ... *woah*.

so i guess i'm trying to convince everyone and myself that if you do well in everything else for HSC tests [because i've ROYALLY F'd my trials] then you'll be ok. besides, the hardworking bastards pull your marks up. or so i've heard.

so: don't give up, believe in yourself, you can touch the sky, fly up high and all that other disgusting bullshit that they feed our minds.

boo yah everyone. ;)
Here's some uplifting stats for yah =D

Median mark for EE2 is 41
32% of ppl get in Band E4
47% of ppl get in Band E3
18% of ppl get in Band E2

Edit: Based on 2007 HSC

Classic Rudiger said:
you can't define post modernism, the post modernists themselves resent being defined.
Wiki can define it for you :p

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ah, this reminds me of all those years ago in EE2. Don't worry, guys, as long as your work was even slightly pretentious then the markers will probably eat it up. Another thing to remember is that at the end of the day that there's really very little difference in quality between major works, when I look back at all the EE2 works I've seen over the years I've realised that the works which got 50/50 often weren't that much better (if they even were at all) than those which only got 30/50. So don't worry about your marks at all, they're really not at all reflective of the limits of your skills at this stage.

HSC
Someone should submit a work that has been submitted before and see if it gets the same mark as last time.

:)

chopsticks0209

HSC
Rebekkie said:
and then get 0 for plagarism. good idea.
one other question i've got is what happens when two people do a SIMILAR topic that's already been done before.

i know someone that's doing/done christianity as their topic and the teacher said that a couple of people have done the same topic before [but of course with some slight changes] so how would the BOS people differentiate between them? and what happens if there's information that's the same?

i wonder how they actually mark the things. because english is so subjective and there's heaps of them flooding in like crazy, how would they mark it? esp. if yours is at the bottom of the pile, they've been marking for days on end without stopping and they're pissed off at the previous work for being retarded ...

it's so terrifying to think about how much power they hold over everyone O__o

lucidassembly

HSC
chopsticks0209 said:
because english is so subjective and there's heaps of them flooding in like crazy, how would they mark it? esp. if yours is at the bottom of the pile, they've been marking for days on end without stopping and they're pissed off at the previous work for being retarded ...
it's so terrifying to think about how much power they hold over everyone O__o
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've never understood how two works which seem so similar in quality can get such different marks. Although, that's why they always double mark. At least they attempt to make it a fair system lol. And its highly unlikely that someone's piece will be at the bottom of the pile both times. Now that I've said that though, it'll probably happen to me!

HSC
This is a quote by some teacher on some English teacher's forum

"We are told at the study day that if the students are painstaking in their research and complete the project thoroughly, using Showcase and other recognized anthologies etc as guides, that the students will be rewarded. This is certainly usually the case but I have seen some exceptional work (by any standard, let alone 1 unit HSC) be badly undervalued and also, it seems, rather narrowly judged through a lack of understanding of the breadth of certain genres or a possible bias towards a particular style of work. There does seem to be a certain subjectivity in some assessment. It is frustrating too, to see the difference from year to year. I have been tempted (in my fantasy world) to slip in a past story just to see if it gets the same mark as it did the year earlier. In fact, done completely surreptitiously, by the inspector or head marker, this may be a valuable exercise."

catherinet

HSC
you think of some of the most random crap while you've been tripping on acid, you write about it with toothpicks in your mouth while lying on the beach drunk out of your ass, take a picture or write an essay about what you've just written or whatever, submit it and say that it's 'post - modernism'.

haha,
I LOLed
:p

Zephyrio

HSC
I'm very concerned that my work will not be understood by the markers and be liable to receive a low mark. :(

I know that my reflection statement should explain my work, but as other EE2 teachers have pointed out, includng my own, there have been many cases where brilliant major works have been ridiculously underscored. It's so worrying. I would rather the comfort of receiving a 45 than having the worrying scenario where my work might receive 35 or 50.

HSC
lol i did a critical on gay men
what's the bet i get marked by
a. an extreme conservative
or
b. a feminist

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I can't see a feminist hating gays? Least of your worries.

HSC
lol well one of the feminist teachers doing ext 2 marked my reflection said:
"WHY JUST GAY MEN, WHY NOT LESBIAN WOMEN?!?!?!"

i'm not kidding, she wrote this as a comment

GET FREE

HSC
I wish I had read my MW through from beginning to end before I handed it in.

I read it today for the first time. From beginning to end. I found typos. Sort of made my eye twitch, but I think I'll be okay.

I don't really regret anything though. I'm happy with what I've got, although I know that if I had planned a structure and fixed up the mistakes people told me to, I'd have something a lot better.

But whatever. Its over now. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

But just for the sake of it, and for this thread: "FUCK YOU LOT"

Although I'm pretty sure I don't mean it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)