Yr 11 performance (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
What do you mean by that? Isn't it right to aim for the attainable or did you mean "aim for the attinable" ?
sorry - i meant to say don't aim for the unattainable ;)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
What do you mean by that? Isn't it right to aim for the attainable or did you mean "aim for the attinable" ?
I think he meant Don't aim for the unattainable. :p

Edit: Bleh, Bored of sc. :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Everything is attainable. You just need to know how to attain it.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am just angry that I foolishly underestimated the subject! That's totally not who I am and I should not have done that. That kind of approach towards any subject is just unacceptable and I am not very pleased with that.

Well, I can learn from this and hopefully, I can do better next time.
And I thought I push myself hard! I have noticed you take you learning really seriously and I really respect that, I have a problem with procrastination but I'm getting there.

Got another English essay result back: 18/20 alright mark I suppose.
Ext maths test tomorrow though :( I'm stressing.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
foram said:
I'll just keep telling myself that. English is too stupid to try in. If i bothered, i'll need to learn to think like a girl, and that would make me bad at math.
Excuse me? Are you mental, or just plain ignorant? English is one of the most fundamental subjects to do well in if you want to achieve a good UAI. Have you ever wondered why it's the only subject which is compulsary for years 11 and 12? Most, if not all jobs require decent communication skills and sound writing skills in this day and age; whether you want to believe it or not.

I assume that, since you feel you're the smartest person at your school, you'll be working to attain a good UAI. Maybe you need to sit down and reconsider your views on the subject.

Furthermore, your suggestion that only guys can do well in maths and girls can do well in English is completely out of line. At my school we have a girl coming first in maths, she recently got 100% in her extension maths exam. So maybe you should reconsider your views on this subject as well.

The Kaiser

HSC
foram said:
English is too stupid to try in. If i bothered, i'll need to learn to think like a girl, and that would make me bad at math.
Many people in my school (Sydney Boys High School) excel in both English and Maths. The exact same thing can be said about Sydney Girls.

English is the only compulsory subject in the HSC, if you fail English than you've completely botched your UAI regardless of how well you rank in your other subjects.

Stop whining about how much English "sucks" and start telling yourself that you can improve and do consistently in all your subjects. One of my friends used to be ranked <120 in English but now he's DUX. English is clearly not for everyone but it doesn't hurt to maintain a positive attitude, just keep practising.

hairspray

HSC
Advanced English
English Assessment Task- 22/25
English Assignment 20/20

Advanced Maths
Maths Test- 83%

Business Studies
Business Studies Assessment Task- 37/40 (my marks could be changed to 39 because i protested!)

Legal Studies
Legal Studies Assessment Task- 34/35

Economics
Economics Assesment Task- 53/55 (Part A- 34/35; Extended Response- 19/20)

I have not received my marks for extension english or community and family studies yet.

tanna

HSC
French - 22/30 (really disappointed)
2U Maths - 33.5/36 93%, 2/60
Religion - B (pretty okay with that - I didn't study cos I've been forced into doing it and then only about 16 people/150 got A's, and the average was C)
Physics - 24.5/30 (2/9)
Economics - 38/40

Uh yeah.. okay start, but I'm gonna try a bit harder next time.

Finx

HSC
For chemistry I hit 90% for a test, which I was pleased with. Most of the stuff was new to me, but I grabbed the concept in time and reaped a good mark =]

In 2u English I scored 17/20 for some writing composition. Even if it was 85%, I feel I didn't deserve it because most of it was bullshit and not much effort was used.

It's what I hate about English. It's very possible to try your hardest and get bad marks as well as perform well without effort. Usually it just depends on whether the English teacher agrees with your opinion or not.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Mathematics - 45.5/59 [stupid mistakes, e.g. not labelling x and y axes on graphs]
Legal - 43/50 [disappointed as hell]

had economics today. wasn't as traumatising as I expected.

shvitzing about english on wednesday; got 11/20 in the practise essay and only had done 1/3 of it. hmmm.

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
as people have said on countless occasions

don't be too upset when you get 85% (a VERY good mark) in what you thought was your best subject

year 11 is meant to be challenging - accept that

Finx

HSC
bored of sc said:
as people have said on countless occasions

don't be too upset when you get 85% (a VERY good mark) in what you thought was your best subject

year 11 is meant to be challenging - accept that
If that's directed at me, I meant that 85% actually was a good mark (English is my worst subject).

I'm saying that sometimes its easy to get good marks, but it is also possible to try hard and get bad marks.

adidasyeah

HSC
Maths 2u
86% - which wasnt the mark i wanted, yet i got 3rd in grade..

Maths 3u
52% - terrible mark, i fell asleep during my exam-_- but i actually got 2nd in the grade haha.. but 1st was 86% so there is a great difference.

Business Studies
Assessment 1 - 95%
Assessment 2 - 100% : )

they are the only results i got back so far..

bored of sc

HSC
Finx said:
If that's directed at me, I meant that 85% actually was a good mark (English is my worst subject).

I'm saying that sometimes its easy to get good marks, but it is also possible to try hard and get bad marks.
sorry - it wasn't directed at anyone in particular - just a general comment :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)