yr 11 subject selections (1 Viewer)

meeeee

HSC
but you still get scaled up a bit if you go to a selective school or something dont you? thats what i heard

meeeee

HSC
like.. you know sure hope they dont scale up the good schools..
btw what subject wont you do next year and why? = P

stinger

Banned
A place where something is or could be located
Originally posted by paki_diva
weather u go to a dumb school or a good one.....it doesn't really matter now...coz u r given an individual UAI...it's not based on your school's over all performance anymore...so...i don't think u should care about others failing or passing.....just concentrate on your own self and c how well u can do.
ummm ... no

your school does have a factor, or more correctly the people in your school ...

eh, just go to the uai/hsc marks section

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by paki_diva
that used to be the case....but i think it's not anymore.
it still is u should go to the main site of bos and look at scaling or go to the uai area

like some1 sed before... getting 10th ranked in a selective skool mite make u better than some1 who got 1st in a shitass skool

scaling can depend on other pplz marks in ur grade too me thinks?

Actuarial Boy
HSC
depends on the marks the grade gets
in general selective schools do better coz there are more students dedicated... which is why they tend to get better marks

meeeee

HSC
Originally posted by tofu
I don't really see how this is unfair. People often work really hard during their primary school days just to get into a selective school and GENERALLY they perform better than most of the schools overall.

How's this unfair? Giving credit where credit is due?
its coz YOU go to a selective school isnt it?! [ runs before he says he doesnt... or even she.. now thats embarassing ]

because seriously ive heard of so many stories about how ppls in selective schools dont try and they fail and stuff but they still dont get kicked out.. now someone who has been pretty smart all their primary school life trying to get smarter might not have necessarily went for a selective school

if someone tries really hard in a normal school and comes first like.. someone else said.. soz dont remember who and scales the same or whatever as someone whos tenth in a selective school is that fair?

its like your whole high school life is dependant [duno how to spell = S ] on ONE thing.. its like if you make a mistake youre never forgiven

besdies its very hard to actually calculate the level of effort put into these tests. if all the ppls in a selective school didnt try at all but someone OBVIOUSLY came tenth coz someone has to and they scaled the same as someone who came first in a normal school who has tried their butt off it is sooooo unfair!! i can go on and on and on!! so many different factors here

paki_diva

let me add this....what if you come from overseas after yr 6, then it's pretty hard to go into a selective school esp. if u know nothing about Asutralia's education system before hand. by the time u'll realize u should try for a better school, it's too late...that's sort of my own story.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
meeeee look at that the uai forums

once uve read thru it and stopped crying u will see it is NOT really unfair...

the comment about "credit" is false
the reason why a selective skool wud b scaled higher is coz of the students not coz of the "school name / "selectivity" (lol made up a new definition of an exisiting word there)

as i said students generally do better at those schools

newaiz look at the uai forums and learn more about how scaling works

reading ur post again

if someone tries really hard in a normal school and comes first like.. someone else said.. soz dont remember who and scales the same or whatever as someone whos tenth in a selective school is that fair?
um wot if the guy/girl who got tenth in the selective skool got a BETTER mark than the person who came first in the normal school

if all the ppls in a selective school didnt try at all but someone OBVIOUSLY came tenth coz someone has to and they scaled the same as someone who came first in a normal school who has tried their butt off it is sooooo unfair!! i can go on and on and on!! so many different factors here
as i said before its the grades mark not the fugging schooL!

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
There is no use complaining about it. Your not even in year 11 or year 12 for that. You people have no idea how different senior school is to what you are doing now. Just do the best you can and it will all even out in the end. I do not come from a selective high school. Basically if you are catholic, or any other christian denomination you get it. We have ppl who don't even go for a UAI, people who get shit UAI's and ppl who get 95+ UAI's. If you get the results, you will recieve a good UAI regardless of what school you go to. And if you are that worried selective schools usually take enrolments for years 11 and 12. For fucks sake you are in year 10. You don't even know if you will do your HSC, so many people say they will stay around till the end of year 12, but things come up: tafe, work, traineeships and that changes everything. How do you know your not one of these ppl????

Actuarial Boy
HSC
tenille u sound so intelligent

i like this side of u - > veri sexc LOL

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey, the subjects I chose are as follows:
Adv. Eng
2 unit maths - my sis was doing ext but dropped it cos it was tooo hard 4 her so I'm not doing it either cos I'll know it'll be hard for me however my cuz did 4 unit maths!!!
Textiles and Design - I do art now but didn't choose for yr 11 and 12 cos I will have major artworks to do as well as 4 textiles and they will....clash
Business Studies
Business Services (VET)
Economics
IT (VET) - my sis also did this and said it was good but is scaled LOW
and my reserves:
Ancient Hist.
Design and Technology

Anyone wanna be critical or give some advice on any of these subjects?

Kulazzi

HSC
Thanx Paki_diva - I'm not da science person but the Curriculum teacher told me that Business Service VET isn't running and the only science subject I'm interested in is Chem so I chose that instead of my reserves since most Uni courses say that u need Chem and Maths for this certain course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)