YR 11 Transition to Selective (1 Viewer)

broly_29

HSC
Hey has any1 here applied for North Sydney Boys High School for yr 11. The test is tmrw by the way.

James747

HSC
Hehehe.... not planning to go selective next year. I'm just fine at my school, but best of luck! Tell us how the test goes.... ^_~

tau281290

HSC
i know someone in my tutor is trying out for that school as well ... maybe that person is u ...lol

Last edited:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
lol woah north sydney boys ay? well if u dont make it in u'll probably get into hurlstone/ macfields( the best school ever =P)/sefton etc so i wouldn't worry. that is, if you're any good. but this year ( or back in yr 7) is your best chance in getting in, bascially if you apply you're into one selective school or another cos so much shuffling goes on.
i got friends who only got band 3s and 4s on their SC and were doing really crap at school yet managed to change from one selective school to another.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
science, maths, english. pretty much the same format/setout as in yr 7 ( did u do it in yr 7?) and they look at your reports, what your school says about you and do an interview. they like extracurriculars. but i heard they made it like that for yr 7 now as well. am unsure.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
ahen said:
science, maths, english. pretty much the same format/setout as in yr 7 ( did u do it in yr 7?) and they look at your reports, what your school says about you and do an interview. they like extracurriculars. but i heard they made it like that for yr 7 now as well. am unsure.
Nope, was in America at the time so I didn't do it for year 7. Interesting, I can now help my sister get into a selective if she wants to get in now.

joe_rulez37

HSC
Avoid North Sydney Boys! Worst Facilities EVER... and the bureaucracy runs with an iron fist

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
broly_29 said:
Hey has any1 here applied for North Sydney Boys High School for yr 11. The test is tmrw by the way.
Hey broly, how was the test? btw what other school did you apply for?

joe_rulez37

HSC
LottoX said:
Good luck trying getting into my school, too bad our awesomest deputy left this year.

I agree with this guy. It should be better after the new block gets finished being built, which should be early next year.
That building took over our playground space. Those bastards. Now the school has even less grass area. Not to mention, the grass areas are constantly banned because the grass is so crap and they need time to "repair themselves"

PrettyVacant

HSC
LottoX said:
We're only on the side, the main focus of the hole is that other school near West Street and Pacific Highway..

I wonder which school that is eh? =p

Okay just joking. The facilites are crud, but seriously, it's the best selective boys school in terms of academics and culture. At least that's what I've heard about my school. I can't really compare it to anything.

EDIT: PrettyVacant; I don't get how you're doing those subjects in year 10...

Entirely agreed. The dustbowl that was the bottleyards has now turned into a mud-swamp (fens? =p) due to rain and trucks laden with building materials running over the grass. Absolutely ridiculous. The new Year 12 common-room takes in and holds water a bit too well, as discovered last week.
No, I'm doing them next year :).

West Street and Pacific Highway? That's not our school...I think.

Yeah, you're probably the best boys school. I only say that because as much as I think your school is a hole, it's still our brother school...and we've got to live with that. You probably crack jokes about us more than we do about you guys.(Even thought 95% of my school has some sort of love affair with Shore, we know that's totally out of our league). So yeah.

PrettyVacant

HSC
LottoX said:
We're not the best boys school in terms of glamour, mind you, but yeah, we certainly crack a lot of jokes nevertheless. I don't personally, so don't hurt me. Please?

Also, 4 unit English in Year 11? Your school does that? In that case, then you really are Pantie Smarts.

EDIT: Also, it isn't West Street, that's the street connecting our schools, your school is surrounded by three streets; Myrtle, Emmett and David.
Thanks for the geography lesson. I've only heard the expression "as flat as an NSG", (where I am a bit of an exception :D).

I should have clarified that those would perhaps be my HSC subjects. :S I don't know yet. No more interrogating!!

PrettyVacant

HSC
Oh come on, a lot of us aren't THAT flat. We're only flat because most of us are Asians..and they seem to have slightly smaller boobs than the rest of the population. Possibly because they ARE slightly smaller than the rest of the population.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Oh, but we make up for it in brain size!!

Ahh, just shoot me for saying that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)