yrs 9/10, what were ur exp. investigations for Science? (1 Viewer)

marxisming

HSC
mine was a bit chemistry based. it was related to the sacrificial method. i'm just curious to know what others did for theirs ?? (that task where students had to design their own experiments)

chrasy

HSC
Mine's due next term and because I'm so terribly lazy and uncreative, I'm just doing a mouldy bread one.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I did the effects of different detergents on a variety of stains last year.

ricee

HSC
N/A
ours was to investigate what factors affected dissolving rate of different liquids.

quite easy.

ricee

HSC
N/A
dissolving rate of effervescent tablets that is.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
marxisming said:
it was related to the sacrificial method.
Sacrifical as in killing something, such as lamb and then cooking it?

I did two. One on the effects of nutrient deprivation on a growing plant. Another on the effects of phosphates on our waterways, in other words, eutrophication.

Many people did the role a banana had in the ripening process of other plants because of its secretion of ethylene.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
lolol. joke sexperiment that I ended up ripping, on the effect music has on the memory. 80s electronica FTW.

marxisming

HSC
m0ofin said:
Sacrifical as in killing something, such as lamb and then cooking it?
lolololol nahh. i meant that you make a certain metal (magnesium) protect another metal(iron) so that it oxidises first and hence it would slow dwn the corrosion that should've occured to that metal(iron). yeah so i was investigating if metals of varying activities affected its performance as a sacrificial anode on iron nails.

Zephyrio

HSC
I did mine... on...

FEMALE MEMORY VS MALE MEMORY.

I got 29/30 for it, but females ended up destroying the boys. LOL.

HSC
N/A
Sorry to spam up this forum, or do whatever.
IIRC, when I did my SRP last year, one of the ones that I did had something to do with biochemistry/virology or something that involved agar dishes and stem cells! Or something.

Oh yeh, I managed to bring live bacteria to school... infectious too!
marxisming said:
lolololol nahh. i meant that you make a certain metal (magnesium) protect another metal(iron) so that it oxidises first and hence it would slow dwn the corrosion that should've occured to that metal(iron). yeah so i was investigating if metals of varying activities affected its performance as a sacrificial anode on iron nails.
That's fairly advanced for Yr10, I s'pose.:)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lol, the effect of salinity and pool temperature on swimming ability. It was shitty, we had to stick to the theme of "sports".

Gh3y.

Zephyrio

HSC
I hope something not too nasty.

But Lucid, wow. Sounds like you did a cracker of a job. Good man.

Le3sah

HSC
In year 9 I tested jelly. I'm not sure what for, but I did something with jelly...

In year 10 I did an experiment determining the relationship between trajectory and distance.

It was fun! :)

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Year 9 - I grew strawberries. One in the dark, one in the light. It wouldn't take Einstein to know what happened.

Year 10 - I did the reaction times to catch a falling ball between boys and girls, and then men and women. Girls beat the boys. Men beat the women.

teenie310

HSC
im finishing my SRP off...im doing antibacterial detergent vs regular detergent

Alex2

HSC
Ours is due this friday. I'm doing the most effective way to cool and/or keep cool a can of coke ... eg. in freezer, in esky of ice, in esky of ice with salt poured over the ice, in stubby on bench, in stubby in freezer... i was going to do buried under the ground and submersed in tap water in a sink, but ran out of time :)

The control is just sitting at room temp... we already had to hand in the first bit (background/history and experiment idea) and already have lost a mark (2/3 for that bit) coz we have a crazy teacher "a-huh! you didn't underline the name of the internet site in your bibliography, thats not correct, die in hell!" ...

... she also gave us the assignment 6 weeks after all the other classes and its still due on the same date as the others... grr but thats another story

Alex

Theidiot

HSC
last year in yr 9 we had to do a 1000 word essay on tectonic plates, earthquakes ect and build a working seismisope pretty shit and this year i think our most major assignment was to trace 2 gentic trait back 2+ generations like eye colour and then some other easy one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)