Zoolander (1 Viewer)

Fry

i just saw this movie on Sunday and thought it was absolutely hilarious. ive seen it before but i never really 'got it', but watching it a second time makes me appreciate it so much more.

best lines out of the movie:

"Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty."

"Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?!"

"You think you're too cool for school but I got a newsflash for you, Walter Cronkite (long pause)......... You aren't."

"Sting...Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music that he's made over the years, I don't really listen to, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."

post some more quotes later.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I love the way he says eulogy....yugoogalizer... one that speaks at funerals.

This movie is a classic, it's just so damn funny! I've seen it heaps of times and I still laugh at it every time I see it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i can derelick my own balls thank you

so why male models?

how many abordiginals do you see male modeling?

this just goes to show that we too cant not die in a freak gasoline fight accident

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Hansel. He's so hot right now. Hansel.

I love Will Ferrell.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i think its established that this is ben stillers best effort

Agent Z

HSC
Zoolander!! Thats the best movie ever!! Here are some of what i think are hte funniest quotes:

Derek: I was at the Day spa. D-A-I-Y-E.

Matilda: After awhile, I became bulimic.
Derek: You could read minds?

Matilda: When I was in 7th grade I was the fat kid in my class.
Derek: Ewww!

Maury: Derek, what do you do when you fall off the horse? *pause* You get back on! That's what this business is all about!
Derek: Sorry, Maury. But I'm not a gymnast.

Mugatu: They're break dance fighting.

Hansel: So I was freeclimbing Mt Vesuvius, when I suddenly lost my grip, so I'm falling and falling, and then I start to think. Hey, havent you been smoking peote for the last six days, and isnt it a possibility that this is all in your head? And it turned out I was right. I've never even been to Mt Vesuvius.

Maury: Derek? Derek! Are you there?
Derek: God?
Maury: God?! What the shit are you talking about? It's me, Maury

Katinka: I do not like snoopy reporter with lack of fashion sense, not one little bit.

Derek: *high-pitched cough* ... I think I'm getting the Black Lung, Pop. It's not very well ventilated down there.
Larry: For Christ's sake, Derek, you've been down there one day. Talk to me in thirty years.

Derek: Rufus, Brint, and Meekus were like brothers to me. And when I say brother, I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful I think.

J.P. Prewitt: The truth is male models have been assassinating world leaders for over 200 years. Abe Lincoln wanted to abolish slavery, right? Well, who do you think made the silk stockings and powdered wigs worn by our early leaders?
Derek: Mugatu!
J.P. Prewitt: Slaves Derek. So they hired John Wilkes Booth to do Mr. Lincoln in. The first model/actor! Dallas. 1963. John F. Kennedy.

Derek: You mean, you haven't . . .
Matilda: Done it in a while, yeh.
Hansel: Now, what's a while? Like, eight days?

Derek: Now if you'll excuse me, I have an after-funeral party to attend.

:D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i adore this movie.

"what is this?! a centre for ants?! .... it has to be at least.... three times bigger than this!"

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I love it :D No new quotes though, I think they've all been said

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
best.movie.ever.

cHe^gUeVaRa said:
has anyone seen the interview with derek and ben sitting side by side on the dvd???
i have it on dvd but mine doesn't have that!
i feel deprived

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
-sigh- i love ben stiller at the moment :) zoolander is the shit!!!! :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Movies very rarely make me laugh out loud. I actually can't remember the last time I found a movie this funny.

*Thumbs up*

Fry

believe me there are plenty more quotes:

Larry Zoolander : I just thank the Lord she didn't live to see her son as a mermaid.
Derek Zoolander : Mer-MAN! *cough* Mer-MAN!

Derek: Well, I guess it started during my first year of the second grade, when I was eating lunch and caught my reflection in a spoon, and I thought to myself, 'Hey, Derek, you're ridiculously good looking!' And I thought maybe I could do that for a career.
Matilda: Do what for a career?
Derek: Be professionally good looking.

Derek Zoolander: Why do you hate models, Matilda?
Matilda: Honestly?
Hansel: Yes.
Matilda: I think they're vain, stupid, and incredibly self-centred.
Hansel: I totally agree with you. But how do you feel about MALE models?

Mugatu: Oh, I'm sorry, did my pin get in the way of your ass? Do me a favour and lose five pounds immediately or get out of my building like now!

VH1 Reporter: Derek, are you worried about Hansel?
Derek Zoolander: Uh, not as much as I'm worried about Gretel.

Matilda : Derek that was unbelievable!
Derek: I know! I turned left!
Matilda: No, you saved the prime minister!
Derek Zoolander: Oh, well that was cool too.

My favourite scene has to be the one at Derek's apartment when he's with all the other male models. The dialogue was just so dumb I was pissing myself laughing:

Meekus: It's like ex-squeeze me, but hasn't he ever heard of styling gel? Hahahaha!
Brint: I'm sure he's heard of styling gel, he's a male model.
Meekus: Earth to Brint, I was making a joke, ok?
Brint: Uh, earth to Meekus. Duh, I knew that.
Meekus: Earth to Brint, I'm not so sure you did because you were like 'well I'm sure he's heard of styling gel' LIKE YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS A JOKE! Hahaaha!
Brint: I knew it was a joke, I just didn't get it right away.
Derek: Would you guys stop it already! Don't you ever think there's more to life than being really really really ridiculously good-looking? I mean maybe we should be doing something more meaningful with our lives..like helping people.
Brint: Uh, Derek, what people?
Derek: I don't know, people who need help!

Oh and I love the part when Derek jumps out at his dad in the coal mine all painted in blue. Haha..what an idiot!

rumour

HSC
cHe^gUeVaRa said:
has anyone seen the interview with derek and ben sitting side by side on the dvd???
Yeah......

Derek: I wanted Will Smith to play my part
Ben: But Will Smith is black!
Derek: So, do you have a problem with that?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman".

hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)