• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (2 Viewers)

mack

Banned
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Okay Frigid and babydoll.. need your help for the ColesMyer interview (tomorrow), concerning the 'dress code'. You reckon this shirt will go alright? (I'll have black work pants and black shoes with perhaps a tie)

It's completely blue, with thin white stripes every 1cm, slim fit. Did many other people go 'really casual' at your interviews? I just really wanna stand out, if ya know what I mean.. but still look professional.

Oh and please don't knock me about my huge shorts. :D

Are you going to have your chest exposed like that? :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
i dunno about this.... but why dress to stand out? you'll be all in uniform when you start anyway.
Yeah.. but I wanna stand out in the group interview, because I want the employer dude/dudette to notice me, especially if most of the other people are wearing the old white shirt/black pants thing, if ya get my drift.

Frigid said:

haha i dare you to wear your cargo shorts! and bball shoes! and have your shades on backwards around your head! :D
LOL, mate I'll shout you to a feast of a meal* if I still get hired after that... :D

*at maccas

bubz :D said:
ahaha collin! were those the shorts you were wearing when i saw you? :p
I don't think so..? You know I've got alotta big shorts bubz.. I never really wear the one I have in the pic out, because thta one falls down too easily (it doesn't have a string thingy), and one time I went jogging in them, and they fell down and exposed my smurfs underwear in front of tons of chicks.

mack said:
Are you going to have your chest exposed like that? :p
Ohh mate, only if there are some nice girls there.. :p

but chances are they're all gonna be 30 something divorcees right?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
LOL, mate I'll shout you to a feast of a meal* if I still get hired after that... :D

*at maccas
hahaha, I DEMAND
SUSHI!!!

speaking of which, what do people think of guys who can cook or who are learning to cook?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Yeah.. but I wanna stand out in the group interview, because I want the employer dude/dudette to notice me, especially if most of the other people are wearing the old white shirt/black pants thing, if ya get my drift.
yeah, i just thought what you were wearing was a little too casual compared to what you will be wearing in the job.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
this is the standard dress for Myer salespersons, as modelled by 'Henry' and 'Henrietta' LOL

^^^collin, are you sure you wanna end up like one of these fake-happy, always smiley, greedy, boot-lickin' shit-eaters for $13.30 an hr (above award wage, but meh)?

and this is rather self-explanatory, although very greedy imo... Myer only treats its employees (marginally) well only because it is a profitable exercise... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:

speaking of which, what do people think of guys who can cook or who are learning to cook?
Well, it's a pretty big turn on for most chicks I guess. Speaking of cooking, girls, I can soup up a mean bowl of maggi noodles. eh? eh?

*crickets*

jm1234567890 said:
yeah, i just thought what you were wearing was a little too casual compared to what you will be wearing in the job.
Yeah exactly, which is the big risk here.. I still haven't made up my mind yet, I could just take the white shirt conventional route.. but I was just after opinions to see whether or not people thought that shirt was 'casual businessy'.. but still professional enough to wear to the interview.. if ya get my drift.

lengstar

HSC
Frigid said:
hahaha, I DEMANDSUSHI!!!

you know i tried to make an effort to learn to cook but it just doesn't work. i have money, i have little patience and i prefer to starve until mum gets home and makes me a nice meal. seriously i cannot be fucked. i mean if i really have to i would but unless it was towards my imminent survival i care not for cooked food when you can eat processed food popped in the microwave or raw food popped straight into my mouth.

Collin

HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
you know i tried to make an effort to learn to cook but it just doesn't work. i have money, i have little patience and i prefer to starve until mum gets home and makes me a nice meal. seriously i cannot be fucked. i mean if i really have to i would but unless it was towards my imminent survival i care not for cooked food when you can eat processed food popped in the microwave or raw food popped straight into my mouth.
Yeah, I never cook either. Just can't be bothered eh? I just stack up on microwave dinners. Complication for me is of my gym regime, so I have to eat alot. So it's either microwave dinners, cereal bowls (with lots of different cereals and fruit), protein shakes, boiled eggs (that doesn't take too much effort).. or just other misc. microwave crap which is relatively healthy. Cool thing for me is I live with my grandma, so she cooks a heap of Chinese food.

GOD BLESS THE INVENTOR OF MICROWAVE OVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Ohhh fuck, that 6-step thing... smile, greet the customer, bla bla ah fuck

Collin: looks ok, but yeah exposed chests ain't teh cool

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:
Ohhh fuck, that 6-step thing... smile, greet the customer, bla bla ah fuck
just 'act' natural, confident, polite, courteous etc,
ask about the product they have in mind, ask about their needs,
suggest a couple of products, show them the features,
close the sale, add value etc. something like that.

it isn't gospel nancy, everyone has their own 'way' to persuade ppl to buy $9999 50" high-definition plasma TVs.

registers are hard to use... damn.

edit: btw, Myer uses the GapBuster system, which is an independent assessment of our sales skills. mysterious 'gapbuster' shoppers go to each department monthly and act as customers, buy something, and at the same time observe us. try to get the 6-steps right though, because the team with a perfect GapBuster score gets $400 Myer vouchers to share between them.

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hahahaha well I'm in Pens+Stationary which means I don't have to do shit except smile and say "yes, you DO need to buy a Parker Pen!"

Bah I dunno, I haven't even started yet, but eyyy

Registers pfft, they're not THAT hard... but then again all I have to scan is little boxes and shit

GG to my dept being between Toys and Music WOOHOO

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Don't expose your chest, even if you're female. It looks extremely unprofessional and you'll be struck out immediately. A shirt without tie is doable but not recommended - I went with loose collar and tie.

Incidentally, I was able to tell a story about my tie. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bah maggi noodles, i m a chef without accreditation haha, damn mum and her catering ways!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Okay I just did that group interview thing.. it was so stupid, we didn't do anything. Everyone just did a little intro and that was it. The lady just blabbered on about the history of the store etc. while we filled out this form. No jigsaw puzzles, no advertisement exercises.. man that was kinda wastish. How are they supposed to see who gets through with that? Probably just the resume I guess.. meh.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
They probably have enough people and cbf hiring anymore so they make the interview as short and dodgey as possible :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/the_ringer/

LOL!!!!!!! everyone watch this

Ragerunner said:
They probably have enough people and cbf hiring anymore so they make the interview as short and dodgey as possible :p
........ fuck you :p just kiddin mate

Nah, I was actually thinking the opposite, cause the employment chick said that there was lots of vacant places in the Northern Beaches (where my interview was), so perhaps she'll just let EVERYONE go through. Again, she could of just been lying, but I'm praying that she's not. Because then I won't have a job and won't be able to pay my internet bills and won't be able to go on BOS and ohhhhhhhh my life would just be completely destroyed. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Ffs!!! >.<

ok i've fucking had fucking enough. i've driven my fucking shitty lil toyotas to canberra and young, i've had my fucking learners for three fucking years and i still can't fucking pass the course at wetherill park!!! what does it fucking take for fucks sake!?!!

i mean fuckit, last time was coz of speed and stop signs, this time coz i apparently failed to signal more than once (which was twice)...

it's fucking annoying... how many fucking perfect runs have i go to do...

not only failing a 'test' not fucking good for my fucking male ego, but having the peer pressure (yes, fuck you, my friends who so happen to pass first go, you're all fucking cunts) and parental pressure ('told you so' attitude)

I KNOW HOW TO FUCKING DRIVE, I HAVEN'T RUN OVER ANYBODY, WHAT DOES IT FUCKING TAKE FOR FUCKS SAKE... >.<

I HATE GETTING MY FUCKING LICENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)