• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh thats not too bad

A few more kilos here and there

I wish i could get skinny again :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wish I was 90.. :( I WAS 84 until a certain wrist injury put me out of action.

:chainsaw: injuries

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ouch, i want to get back to 70, supposedly thats a good BMI index for me rofl

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh, well i was heaps skinny until i played footy, then my metabolism changed :)

ANyways im off fellas, shuld talk to collin about bulking up he's a beast

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
idiot. i bet this guy was stood down coz he single-handedly fucked up his company:
Dell China offers regret over remarks

BEIJING, June 1 -- US computer giant Dell Inc, in the centre of a public relations whirlwind which may damage its relations with competitor Lenovo and the Chinese Government, was trying to mend fences yesterday after an employee stated that Lenovo's IBM acquisition was "directly supporting/funding the Chinese Government."

In a statement released yesterday, Dell China expressed regret about the comments and said the views "in no way" represented the position of the US giant. It added it would take appropriate action concerning the employee and that it took the incident very seriously.

In an e-mail to a customer posted on the Internet on May 27, a Dell account manager - identified only as Chris - said: "From an IBM perspective, please do not think I'm throwing stones."

He went on to say Lenovo, which acquired US behemoth IBM's personal computer unit in December, was a Chinese Government-owned company and every dollar spent on IBM's computers was "directly supporting/funding the Chinese Government."

On late Monday, Lenovo released a written statement expressing deep regret over the comments by the Dell account manager.

The statement said that a leading company like Dell should adhere to business ethics and respect national governments and enterprises.

Dai Linyan, a spokeswoman from Lenovo, said yesterday that her company would be closely watching developments, but did not say if the company would demand a formal apology from Dell or take other action.

Earlier in February, another Lenovo competitor, HP, published an advertisement in a Taiwan newspaper which read: "Don't even mention Lenovo." HP later apologized.

But the Dell case has also the raised eyebrows of watchers from outside the industry.

Fang Xingdong, a well-known industrial observer in Beijing, said Dell's strategy of mixing competition with politics could potentially bring huge losses to the Chinese firm. He even suggested the Chinese Government consult with Dell about the situation.

Wang Zhile, a senior multinational corporation development expert with a Ministry of Commerce research institute, said it was important to first ascertain if the comments reflected the views of Dell or were the opinions of a single member of staff. He warned that any nationalism inspired by the controversy could harm the economic co-operation of the two countries.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, will he ever get a job again.

Earlier in February, another Lenovo competitor, HP, published an advertisement in a Taiwan newspaper which read: "Don't even mention Lenovo." HP later apologized.
what's that all about?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
what's that all about?
basically IBM Personal Computers division is now owned by Lenovo (previously Legend Computers), a Chinese company (i think it's private, not state-owned - however i fink it's the official computer supplier to government).

yeah, so there are some rival companies (Dell and HP) who won't to use this relationship to damage Lenovo's reputation. but at the same time, they dun realise it's fucking hard doing business in China if you bitch abt the Chinese government.

Our Company

Lenovo's executive headquarters are in Purchase, New York, USA with principal operations in Beijing, China, and Raleigh, North Carolina, USA and an enterprise sales organisation worldwide. The company employs more than 19,000 people worldwide.

The New Lenovo – A Marriage of Visionaries
In 1981, IBM envisioned computing at a new level – a personal level – to extend the power and the productivity of information technology from the mainframe to the individual, at home and at work. That vision led to the founding of a new unit within IBM, the Personal Computing Division, which virtually invented personal computing. PCD advanced the state-of-the-art with a series of innovations ranging from the very first laptop computers to the latest high-security technologies, such as the built-in "air-bag” that protects data, and biometric identification that protects user identity. PCD created the icon of notebook computing, the ThinkPad, and the unique software tools, known as ThinkVantage Technologies, which increase user productivity.

In 1984, not long after PCD was founded, 11 computer scientists in Beijing, China also had a vision – to create a company that would bring the advantages of information technology to the Chinese people. With RMB200,000 (US$25,000) in seed money and the determination to turn their research into successful products, the 11 engineers and researchers set up shop in a loaned space – a small, one-story bungalow in Beijing. The company they founded, Legend, opened the new era of consumer PCs in China.

Since it was established, the company has constantly impacted the lives of millions of Chinese: It first introduced PCs to households, then promoted PC usage in China by establishing retail shops nationwide. It also developed the pioneering Legend Chinese Character Card that translated English operating software into Chinese characters, and achieved breakthroughs like PCs with one-button access to the Internet.

By 1994, Legend was trading on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange; four years later, it produced its one-millionth personal computer. In 2003, Legend changed its brand name to Lenovo, taking the “Le” from Legend, a nod to its heritage, and adding “novo,” the Latin word for “new,” to reflect the spirit of innovation at the core of the company. The company name changed from Legend to Lenovo a year later.

In 2003, Lenovo introduced a self-developed collaborative application technology, which heralds the important role Lenovo is going to play in the 3C era (computer, communications and consumer electronics). These and other market-leading personal computing products catapulted Legend to a leadership position in China for eight consecutive years with over 25% market share in 2004.

Today, these two visionary companies are united under the Lenovo name. With Lenovo's landmark acquisition of IBM's Personal Computing Division in May 2005, the new Lenovo is a leader in the global PC market, with approximately $13 billion in annual revenue, and products serving enterprises and consumers the world over.

Our Values
Lenovo and its employees are committed to four company values that are the foundation for all that we do:
• Customer service: We are dedicated to the satisfaction and success of every customer.
• Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit: Innovation that matters to our customers, and our company, created and delivered with speed and efficiency.
• Accuracy and truth-seeking: We manage our business and make decisions based on carefully understood facts.
• Trustworthiness and integrity: Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships.

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
basically IBM Personal Computers division is now owned by Lenovo (previously Legend Computers), a Chinese company (i think it's private, not state-owned - however i fink it's the official computer supplier to government).

yeah, so there are some rival companies (Dell and HP) who won't to use this relationship to damage Lenovo's reputation. but at the same time, they dun realise it's fucking hard doing business in China if you bitch abt the Chinese government.
no, i mean "Don't even mention Lenovo." is a pretty bold advertisement....

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
nekkid your fat:p

im taller than you and im also much lighter than you :D

Spring Sakura

HSC
errrrrrrrrr....feeling like crap

...who knows of a good way for gettin rid of the flu? >_<"

*cries*

...I dont like being sick!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Spring Sakura said:
errrrrrrrrr....feeling like crap

...who knows of a good way for gettin rid of the flu? >_<"

*cries*

...I dont like being sick!
drink lots of water and get lots of rest :)

says Dr Mu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)