• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (4 Viewers)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:

john: Danwei.org calls Xinhua 'Sinhua', since they've always posted tabloid semi-pr0n. not that i disagree.
I always thought it was a major chinese news paper...:confused:

and the pics are plagerised too, note the "sports illustrated" tags, lol

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
*car jie whacks LMF's bum with the broomstick*whack! whack! Shoosh you! :vcross:
lol reminds of xiaoie in sassy girl, how the main char goes "if i slp outside, mum would hit me... she'd use wut ever is in her hand... so if she's vacuuming, she'd use the vacuum cleaner... if she's harvesting melon, then it'd just be melon... so all i have to do is go home at the right time..."
then u see her mother's beating some cloth in the veranda...

=.= '

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
*car jie whacks LMF's bum with the broomstick*whack! whack! Shoosh you! :vcross:
well if carjie is sassy girl i wouldn't mind getting a bit of S&M off her ;)

edit: as much as i love my mum, she is an ignorant racist bigot towards aborigines. i fink most of the chinese ppl not born here reckon the aborigines are somehow (by blood, by culture) lower than us.

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
as much as i love my mum, she is an ignorant racist bigot towards aborigines. i fink most of the chinese ppl not born here reckon the aborigines are somehow (by blood, by culture) lower than us.
I think it is all the bad media portrayal. My parents seem to feel that way too.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
I think it is all the bad media portrayal. My parents seem to feel that way too.
it's fucking awful and i feel angry abt it

she raised two arguments (yes i'm a fucking lawyer):

- strong nations should be able to invade weak nations. it follows that since the aborigines were technologically-backward, they ought to be invaded and 'civilised'.

- they have failed to get back on their feet and reintegrate into western society. they still live on welfare. therefore they are cheap and low.

my submissions:

- mother's first point echoes a lot of the western thought about terra nullius. in short, it's nothing short of fucking racist. it justifies invasion of sovereign nations.

i posed a historical scenario to mum: "if you fucking feel it's fair for Europeans to invade Australia, to pillage Aboriginal tribes, to rape their wives and daughters, to kill their men and to destroy their culture, in order to 'civilise' them, but it must be equally justifiable that the Japanese invade China, to pillage our cities, rape our wives and daughters, to kill our men and destroy our culture, in order to 'civilise' us."

- it is impossible for the vast majority of them to reintegrate into Australian society since they have been basically fucked over by the Stolen Generation era. i shalln't go into the specifics, but it goes along the line of culture-genocide, breaking down families and communities. a lot of the media attention is focussed on the failure of Aborigines to 'civilise', they're riotous, criminal, dole-bludgers. but in fact, if we look at the cause, it's not their fault. the social condition which white Australian policy has generated has caused most, if not all of it.

mum counter-replies, "look at us, we've only been here a short time and we have managed to integrate to society."

i reply, "we may have been disadvantaged since we are not familiar with the language or culture, but we weren't persecuted. our families were not split simply because we're Aboriginal. we haven't been sent to reserves, Chinese children were not sent off as slaves, the Government did not give itself Guardianship over all Chinese immigrants."

mum says i'm getting too emotional and irrational.

i tell mum she's fucking wrong and ignorant.

i rest my case.

fridgey's pissed and he wants to be a hippie left-wing lawyer now :mad:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Frigid again.

Good stuff fridgey. Why don't you posts in News more?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Good stuff fridgey. Why don't you posts in News more?
too many people with adamantine views. i don't want constant e-slanging matches - my e-throat is already sore.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
your size 1 font hurts my eyes >.<

well, these days economicaly strong nations are setting up shop in 3rd world nations and milking the cheap labour.

in your response to "- they have failed to get back on their feet and reintegrate into western society. they still live on welfare. therefore they are cheap and low."

i'm not so sure...

of course their society has been torn apart by the stolen generation. But I don't why they are still having social problems so many years down the track. I'm currently attributing this to the media sensationalising it, since I do not have solid figures.

"look at us, we've only been here a short time and we have managed to integrate to society."

integrate? so lose the chinese culture? what does she mean?

yeah, my parents share similar views, mabye not as drastic.But, I imagine it is the same for many chinese parents.

EDIT: hehe, my disjointed responce clearly shows my lack of legal training.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
your size 1 font hurts my eyes >.<

well, these days economicaly strong nations are setting up shop in 3rd world nations and milking the cheap labour.

in your response to "- they have failed to get back on their feet and reintegrate into western society. they still live on welfare. therefore they are cheap and low."

i'm not so sure...

of course their society has been torn apart by the stolen generation. But I don't why they are still having social problems so many years down the track. I'm currently attributing this to the media sensationalising it, since I do not have solid figures.

"look at us, we've only been here a short time and we have managed to integrate to society."

integrate? so lose the chinese culture? what does she mean?

yeah, my parents share similar views, mabye not as drastic.But, I imagine it is the same for many chinese parents.

EDIT: hehe, my disjointed responce clearly shows my lack of legal training.
it's a historical issue as much as a legal issue.

john, you must understand for a person to be a socially-responsible member of society, that person must have had sufficient education.

the stolen generation finished about 1960s. they and their children were not given sufficient education. they could not integrate into society (nor, in my opinion, would they want to, since they saw this society as one which is hostile to them).

when she says integrate, i think she means, go get a UAI 99+, go to uni, do med/law/commerce. very asian-integrate -____-"

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
it's a historical issue as much as a legal issue.

john, you must understand for a person to be a socially-responsible member of society, that person must have had sufficient education.

the stolen generation finished about 1960s. they and their children were not given sufficient education. they could not integrate into society (nor, in my opinion, would they want to, since they saw this society as one which is hostile to them).

when she says integrate, i think she means, go get a UAI 99+, go to uni, do med/law/commerce. very asian-integrate -____-"
I guess only time can tell.

I'm still usure about the education factor. Why have they not recognised education as important? Will this be a cycle that causes future generations to not recognise education as important?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
Why have they not recognised education as important? Will this be a cycle that causes future generations to not recognise education as important?
both my parents have diploma qualifications so they realise education is important and they have taught me that. your level of education is, to a certain extent, determined by your parent's education and their ability to support you.

now, if your parents have suffered the fate of the stolen generation, have little to no education, do you think, in the space of one generation, you (as a race, in general) can become a doctor/barrister/accountant?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
both my parents have diploma qualifications so they realise education is important and they have taught me that. your level of education is, to a certain extent, determined by your parent's education and their ability to support you.

now, if your parents have suffered the fate of the stolen generation, have little to no education, do you think, in the space of one generation, you (as a race, in general) can become a doctor/barrister/accountant?
Maybe for people who fall into the stolen generation category but not all aboriginals were stolen

There are plenty of examples where children of migrants whose parents speak little english and thus do "lower paid" work, but their kids study hard, get good marks and become very well off.

I disagree that parent's education level is as important as you say it is because, there are parents who know that they didnt get a good enough education (and hence money) when they were young so they pressure their kids to do well so that their kids will have a better future than themselves

whereas many young aboriginals don't seem to realise or more likely care that education is the way to get ahead in ones life and are forever in poverty and this is their own choice and noone's fault

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
why would aboriginal's ways of teaching in any way less superior to the western way of teaching?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)