• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (5 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im not even going to get started with asians and their superiority complex.

Lets leave it at this, there is no such thing as a 'superior' race/ethnicity/class, its all one big fucking social discourse which has arisen.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i know someone who is at a selective school and is a chance of topping the state in english. his in class of 06 and i think he is capable of a 99+ uai. he came first i think at least 3 times in the english comp.

@carjie: yeh stalking asy! :D
i then tried to find jan jan while going in search of junk food at epping :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
wth, at the ancient day ?

Why didnt you tell me, I could've made an appearance

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i totally forgot and i didnt know that you were went there until late. so i didnt have time to post something on. but yeh i was there :D
i was in epping until 5 :p

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
AsyLum said:
Rofl, call her, its only 1 AM :)
I was on the phone at around 12:30, my mum, who was upstairs, thought i was talking to myself...
geez.

@les: idiot. -_- I've told u that asy goes to macq...*shakes head*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AHh bad luck :)

Rofl smiley/jan jan (please tell you're jan jan right? im so lost) my parents think i talk to myself :( im really talking to my guitar *strokes*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
(^o^) said:
I was on the phone at around 12:30, my mum, who was upstairs, thought i was talking to myself...
geez.

@les: idiot. -_- I've told u that asy goes to macq...*shakes head*
Im being talked about behind my back now wth!??!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
There are a lot of social issuez confrontin Aboriginez, and I can understand their sentimentz and reluctance to integrate into current Australian society. Perhapz too much Public Enemy fo me.

We all see em bum around Belmore Park, make the headlinez in Redfern, therefore we get the view that they're nothin but trouble makerz.

My dad don't like Redfern fo thiz reason.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Maybe for people who fall into the stolen generation category but not all aboriginals were stolen

There are plenty of examples where children of migrants whose parents speak little english and thus do "lower paid" work, but their kids study hard, get good marks and become very well off.

I disagree that parent's education level is as important as you say it is because, there are parents who know that they didnt get a good enough education (and hence money) when they were young so they pressure their kids to do well so that their kids will have a better future than themselves

whereas many young aboriginals don't seem to realise or more likely care that education is the way to get ahead in ones life and are forever in poverty and this is their own choice and noone's fault
the report of the national enquiry estimates that between one in three and one in ten aboriginal children were stolen. the report also says that this figure could be higher since some of the stolen generation are now deceased. the fracture of these children from their families and community groups meant that they lost the support and influence from their families. placing them into institutions is essentially criminogenic, with brutal conditions of juvenile homes (sexual abuse etc) proving to be training grounds for prison.

the removals also generated a loss of self-identity, self-esteem, manifesting in other criminogenic behaviours. the surveys pointed out that indigenous prisoners who were removed fromt their parents were twice as likely not to have been imprisoned more than five times, nearly three times likely been subject to sexual assult, nearly twice as likely to commit suicide in the past.

all these conditions mean that the stereotypical criminal, dole-bludging Aboriginal person is just a result of his social condition, his education and the fresh wounds of history.

btw, how many "young aborigines [who] don't seem to realise or more likely care that education is the way to get ahead in ones life and are forever in poverty and this is their own choice and noone's fault" do you know?

it's just your Howardsque-stereotype that is exhibited by the vast majority of this country so as a result, noone gives a flyin' fuck. be reminded, noone 'chooses' poverty, noone 'chooses' not to get ahead. on the other hand, i argue that poverty, criminal behaviour, social condition and history are intricately linked.

if, for example, YOU were removed from your parents, YOU were sexually ABUSED in a boys' home, YOU ran away to escape the abuse, YOU were arrested into a juvenile detention centre, YOU were never taught about the value of education, all YOU were taught was that life was hard, that society DOESN'T GIVE A FLYIN' FUCK abt your existence coz the ABORIGINES OUGHT TO DIE AND IT'S "NOONE'S FAULT", then perhaps you, and your children, would not be in a selective-school/UAI99/med/law/commerce situation.

in all this, respectfully, i beg to differ from your opinion.

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Benny explained to me that the reason chinese value education even if their parents weren't educated very well was due to the cultural revolution.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
re above: yes and there are plenty of people have had some serious past trauma happen in their parents lives ie parents were caught up in the cultural revolution or jews who had their grandparents gassed by nazis.

but the decision to either play the victim card forever and blame history and forces outside your control for your current situation, therefore giving up, letting the cycle continue for your kids and pissing your life away, or to at least attempt to make a better life for yourself and especially your children rests with the individual themselves and not society

supercharged

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
Benny explained to me that the reason chinese value education even if their parents weren't educated very well was due to the cultural revolution.
Any responsible parent would want their children to do well, the level of education the parents themselves received is irrelevant

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
supercharged said:
Any responsible parent would want their children to do well, the level of education the parents themselves received is irrelevant
well, you don't *need* a uni education to survive or even to do well.

but that's beside the point.

as frigid said. If they haven't lived under good parents before (due to stolen generation) how can they be good parents themselves?

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
re above: yes and there are plenty of people have had some serious past trauma happen in their parents lives ie parents were caught up in the cultural revolution or jews who had their grandparents gassed by nazis.

but the decision to either play the victim card forever and blame history and forces outside your control for your current situation, therefore giving up, letting the cycle continue for your kids and pissing your life away, or to at least attempt to make a better life for yourself and especially your children rests with the individual themselves and not society
first, the stolen generation is more recent than the jewish persecution of WW2. secondly, while i do not argue that nazi germany committed genocide against the jewish peoples, white australia has committed what can only be called cultural-genocide against the aborigines. what were these 'aboriginal protectionist' acts earlier last century? they were nothing short of forceable removal, destruction of culture and social displacement.

NO Aboriginal, collectively or individually, makes a decision to play the victim card forever. as i said, it has only been 1 to 2 generations. secondly, they have been forced to grow up in environments which do not breed self-esteem and social advancement, but rather in institutions which cause them to lose self-esteem, reject society and commit to crime. these institutions are the root cause of the problem, not the choice of any Aboriginal.

you have not answered my question: which source do you use to support your Howardesque-stereotypical claims? from where do you hear Aborigines crying out, we are victims, pity us, we're riotous, we alone choose this destitute life of crime, poverty and living on social welfare?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)