• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (7 Viewers)

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:

you have not answered my question: which source do you use to support your Howardesque-stereotypical claims? from where do you hear Aborigines crying out, we are victims, pity us, we're riotous, we alone choose this destitute life of crime, poverty and living on social welfare?
Ever been out to Taree? there is a public housing area where most of the aboriginal community lives.
according to Taree Council the local aboriginal community has 90% unemployment rate, there is generational welfare problem in the area and it seem that given another 20, 30 or even 50 years time there will be no improvement since the residents rely on welfare and their children are not encouraged to participate in education or employment to improve their life outcomes. And hence the cycle continues generation after generation, no education = no employment, no future

compare the fate of the aboriginal community with the jewish community who came over to Australia during WW2 as persecuted dirt poor refugees but now within two generations due to commitment to education and fine business dealings many are living in big houses in Bellevue Hill

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Ever been out to Taree? there is a public housing area where most of the aboriginal community lives.
according to Taree Council the local aboriginal community has 90% unemployment rate, there is generational welfare problem in the area and it seem that given another 20, 30 or even 50 years time there will be no improvement since the residents rely on welfare and their children are not encouraged to participate in education or employment to improve their life outcomes. And hence the cycle continues generation after generation, no education = no employment, no future

compare the fate of the aboriginal community with the jewish community who came over to Australia during WW2 as persecuted dirt poor refugees but now within two generations due to commitment to education and fine business dealings many are living in big houses in Bellevue Hill
i dun think it's fair to compare the aboriginal population in taree and the jewish community in bellevue hill, especially since the former's persecution/social condition/historical condition is different to the latter's.

the aborigines should not be seen as dependent, subservient peoples. we have treated them so for the last god-fucking 200 years? we don't see the jewish people as dole-bludgers, nor do we see them as destitute. it is our view on the aborigines that influences how we treat them.

fifty years ago, we stop treating them as little more than a strain of non-human remnants.

yet til now we have not stop treating them as dependent, subservient peoples. allow me to quote you, "the residents rely on welfare and their children are not encouraged to participate in education or employment to improve their life outcomes". if there is a welfare cycle, we have created this welfare problem ourselves by refusing to give them their dignity and independence as a race of people.

let me put it to you this way: for over a century i deny your race everything that allows your peoples to integrate to this society, i put half your children into institutions, they run away, i put them into prisons. the other half i put them in rural communities with poor facilities. i give your people minimal welfare/education/sustenance. they in turn have to rely on this to survive and a vicious 'welfare cycle' perpetuates.

have you noticed something supercharged? in my example, there hasn't been a choice made by Aborigines which you raised a few posts ago. there wasn't a choice to be socially displaced, there wasn't a choice to go into institutions/prisons, there wasn't a choice to become destitute and have to rely on the minimal welfare.

let me postulate on your hypothesis:

- it is noone's fault that people end up at the states they are in. we all have to take responsibility for our states.

- even if our parents are poor, abused, persecuted, they should still be able to teach us the value of education and we should all be well-educated, socially-worthy individuals notwithstanding our social condition.

- those of us who are not, must have made an individual or collective choice to remain poor, unemployed and live off welfare. we actively do not encourage our kids to pursue their education. in fact, we encourage them to participate in a life of drugs, crime and living off social welfare. boy are we scum.

i will let the others judge the validity of your views.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:

the aborigines should not be seen as dependent, subservient peoples. we have treated them so for the last god-fucking 200 years? we don't see the jewish people as dole-bludgers, nor do we see them as destitute. it is our view on the aborigines that influences how we treat them.

- those of us who are not, must have made an individual or collective choice to remain poor, unemployed and live off welfare. we actively do not encourage our kids to pursue their education. in fact, we encourage them to participate in a life of drugs, crime and living off social welfare. boy are we scum.[/B]

i will let the others judge the validity of your views.
on the first point I would say that is a question of which came first the chicken or the egg? do people look down on you because you are a bludger or do you bludge because people look down on you? We don't see jews as dole bludges because they don't bludge on the dole

on the second point, I dont think they actually encourage their kids to do crimes, drugs or welfare, more that they don't encourage a good alternative ie education, employment etc

There are many communities which were historically discriminated against yet are successful.

Answer me this Frigid.

Why is that the chinese community in Malayasia and Indonesia significantly richer than the local population despite being discriminated by law as a minority group(in Malayasia) and outright hatred of them (in indonesia)?

Why is the indian community significantly wealthier than the fijians in Fiji?

Why do so many jews hold such high positions in government, business and media in America?

why?

Because all the three groups known the value of an education and have an excellent entrepreneurial culture which allows them to get ahead and suceed in a capitialist society even though they are a minority group which are often not well liked by the majority.

Collin

HSC
N/A
haha
hehe
haha
hehe
haha
hehe
haha
hehe
haha
hehe
head hurts
haha
hehe
haha
hehe
haha
hehe

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
on the second point, I dont think they actually encourage their kids to do crimes, drugs or welfare, more that they don't encourage a good alternative ie education, employment etc

There are many communities which were historically discriminated against yet are successful.

Because all the three groups known the value of an education and have an excellent entrepreneurial culture which allows them to get ahead and suceed in a capitialist society even though they are a minority group which are often not well liked by the majority.
i would argue that:

a) the type of persecution of the aborigines as compared to the groups you mentioned is significantly different. the mistreatment of aborigines is beyond that of physical genocide, burning of shops etc.

b) the welfare cycle makes them reliant on welfare and poverty. until we can give them the chance to do otherwise, they will always be reliant. by that, they will not understand the value of education etc.

i think you and i have laboured our points. i don't agree with you and i think you don't agree with me. but i will stress the fact that our continued view of them as reliant people will mean they will always be that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Frigid said:
both my parents have diploma qualifications so they realise education is important and they have taught me that. your level of education is, to a certain extent, determined by your parent's education and their ability to support you.

now, if your parents have suffered the fate of the stolen generation, have little to no education, do you think, in the space of one generation, you (as a race, in general) can become a doctor/barrister/accountant?
My Mum dropped out at year 10 because her parents would only pay for their sons to go on to year 12, and my Dad didn't get past first semester at teaching college, and they've both been a massive influence on my efforts to excel at high school, and attend university.

Oh and keep in mind that the stolen generation principle only applies to half-castes, so can't really be used to explain issues within the Aboriginal population at large.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
jan jan i had totally forgotten :p but i will come by some time soon. i think imight come on the 10th of september or maybe earlier due tomaybe a lecture that may be good there.

or i might just go there to see jan jan ;)

the place around there feels so foriegn to me. well maybe the city life is just mmy envo now.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Pop group containin super young children iz becomin an epidemic, evil record companiez think they can make money from lil girlz singin teenypoppin songz.

They look like they're just slightly older than my bro. They can be packaged much better if they exploited em while they're older.

And fo thoze who don't know, they're a Honkie group called Cream. =.="

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
what the hell is wrong with ppl these days. at that age?!

frigid :p repped!
well my parents dropped out in year 10 but they both took on apprenticeships. however, it doesnt change the fact of intelligence. well for instance, im not gonna get anthing close to a 99+. QED haha

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Itz OK fo 22 somethin yr oldz bein like 17 yr oldz ala-Twinz, but the otherway around iz not so good.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hmmm charlene and gillian are average... but if they offered themselves gratuitously, i cannot say no :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Wow cultural talk and i wasnt here.

Ok, firstly id like to point out that the fact you see the aboriginals in this state is through a systematic institutionalisation of a colonial power and the relations between the two being evident even now.

It is very much a concept of hierachial power relations and the conqueror vs the conquered.

The jews as an example...well to be honest the Jews are a religious group, not a nation/ethnic group as such. Something a lot of people seem to find kinda confusing.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I HAVE to do Indigenous studies for my course. I didn't pick Indigenous studies but it's in my course anyways. I don't know what the whole deal is with Abos but aren't they like any other cultural group? Why do THEY get preference? I personally CBF how different their culture is I'll treat them with cultural consideration but to dedicate a whole bloody unit to their 'culture' is bloody ridiculous.

Spring Sakura

HSC
yayayayayayayayayyayayay!!!!!

Pooh bear girl is no longer sick!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*runs around in circles*

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lalalalalalalalala...

Alicia reply to my email already...lazy bum :p

*runs off*

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i have a gut feeling chloe is still sick. she's been eating too many magic mushrooms. quick, someone call the mental hospital.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)