10 Units or more for Year 12? What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
redbloodedwoman said:
SO if you are performing well in your subjects (and i don't mean getting over 50%) then stick with 10 units and spend your time concentrating on those units.
How well is well (ya, obviously not just passing 50% and over)? Are high eighties decent?

E

eling

poor ya *pats*..wait im doing same sub as u ....hmmmmmmz...btw did u noe our good frend james zeng has registered on diz site? haha

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
thanks for pointing that out eling.

and did u noe UR VERY good friend wanton-wonton has registered too =P

wisequaker87

HSC
I think I will be doing 13 units as I cant decide what to drop. I'm doing 4u english, 3u maths, chem, senior science and entertainment... Eeeeh..i'm going to be a busy girl...

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
I'm taking 10 units because I know full well what I need. 2U English is obviously locked in, so is 4U maths, so is chem. That really only leaves a toss up between physics and biology... and biology wins. Still, I probably won't drop physics until the end of term one HSC.

if you know you are going to drop it .. why not drop straight away?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
coz this topic is discussed every yr. =P..
i am doing 12. =D to see if i can cope

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
I've already done 2U IPT, next year I'm doing:

4u English
3u Maths
Physics
Economics

My ext1 maths definitely isnt going to count (but i need an understanding of it for my desired uni degree), and probably my worst 2u of English wont either (or, if I happen to do well in them all, 2u of my other subjects).

I was considering keeping Software Design (coming 1st in it, I'm going to look like an idiot for dropping it), and not doing 4U English, until I found out I wouldn't have any free periods ever, which given 2 years I had to do EXTRA periods, let alone have frees, that prospect is like, 5 years of aspirations made possible.

HSC
i think ill keep 12 just in case i do real crap in 1, which is prob likely. that way it wont drag my uai down as much

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I'm going to keep 12 units - with two as backup come the HSC. Don't much like Economics exams, though. We'll see how we go.

2U English
4U Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Economics

I_F

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Im about to finish! Woooooooh! Anyway i kept all 13 units. Truth be told, the majority of people who drop down to 10 use the "extra study time" to sleep in or go home early to sleep. Or bum around at the shops or whatever during frees. My reasoning for keeping all of them was in case i wanted something to fall back on. If i dropped anything it would have been maths, but it scales (2unit + extention) so yeah. Ultimately your choice, depends on your workload too. I know a girl is doing like Physics, Chem, etc as well at 4 unis english and 4 units maths. Thats craziness imo

xx__savannah

HSC
I don't know whether I'll be doing 11 or 12. I really don't like my ExtEng teacher -- he's just so hard to understand. If I knew what we were meant to be doing, I'd be going OK in it. He's told me that I could continue on and do the whole course with little effort and go good cos he's "seen my ability" but I don't know. I already do one subject I have to teach myself (online) another hopefully (repeating Chem, I'm accelerating it, but doing crap) free-ish lesson, but I've always been fairly good at Eng, and always looked forward to Ext.

Anyway, this year I've got:
Adv Eng
Ext Eng
General Maths
HSC Chem
Economics
IPT
SoR (1u compulsory)

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I would prefer doing 10 units since 12 units is already heaps of work. With 10 units you would get free periods and more time to do unfinished work and more easier to catch up on work if youre falling behind than doing 11 or 12 units. I also dont like the idea of doing a subject that doesnt even count since it feels like a waste of time, even though a safety net could be handy if you screw up in an assessment task. I guess this decision is about what is best for the student.

P

pLuvia

free periods arent good if you dont use them properly... and doiing 10 units is so risky.... irather at least 12.. but im doing 13~

P

pLuvia

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'm doing 11 units next year. because im too scared to do 10, but too lazy to do 12, basically. im doing 13 units at the moment.
lol... stick with the 13 units~!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm doing 11 units next year. because im too scared to do 10, but too lazy to do 12, basically. im doing 13 units at the moment.

volition

arr.
HSC
I do 10 units. The main reason I dropped down from 12 is that I wasn't confident with the way I'd perform in Software Design. My subjects: English adv, SOR1(forced subject), mathematics, maths ext 1, economics, legal studies. I decided to drop SDD because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get over about 65, while with all my other subjects, I'm confident of >85, except for maybe English (but i can't drop that anyway) :)

However I guess I do regret not doing maths ext 2, or even 2 unit religion rather than 1 unit religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)