1131/1141 Assumed Knowledge Quiz (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Here's a PDF (http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/math1131-41inf14.pdf), I think its the same information booklet that you get in the coursepack.

"You will be allowed 5 attempts at the AKQ and each online algebra and calculus test but only your best mark for each test will count. Then, the best 4 of these 5 marks will contribute up to 4% of your final grade."

It also states the AKQ is due by 1pm this Wednesday.

And like another poster says, it states that:

" You will also be required to do an ASSUMED KNOWLEDGE QUIZ (AKQ),
which will count as part of the on-line tests. This test will be based on the revision problems
in the Calculus Problem booklet. If you do not score at least 6 out 10 on this quiz you should
speak to the Director of First Year about your options. "
, so you I guess you should get at least 4 or above in this test.

Make sure you've revised a little bit, and carefully answer/select the right multiple choice question according to the criteria it sometimes give you. If you have one attempt and don't go well, don't do another attempt right after, you'll be on tilt. I learnt the hard way.
I thought it was out of 6?

Am I doing the wrong tests?

Drewk

HSC
1131 quiz is actually really easy... I looked over the assumed knowledge notes for like 10 minutes and full marks first attempt, so no need to stress + you get 5 attempts so..
How did u go in Ext1 tho in year 12 e3?e4?, im doing most of the revision questions cause i forgot all my trig and graphing stuff... any tips tho?

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Is it on the Moodle?
MAPLETA
How did u go in Ext1 tho in year 12 e3?e4?, im doing most of the revision questions cause i forgot all my trig and graphing stuff... any tips tho?
The test is so easy if you understand the basics

There is like differentiation with application of chain rule, polynomial remainder/factor theorem, solving inequalities and many more

It is all SIMPLE

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It is very simple.

Because it is so simple I just rushed through my other 4 remaining ones in 20 minutes because of how boring they were just now.

Unfortunately I dropped one mark from rushing in two of them so I'm getting 23/24 because they were too boring.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
It is very simple.

Because it is so simple I just rushed through my other 4 remaining ones in 20 minutes because of how boring they were just now.

Unfortunately I dropped one mark from rushing in two of them so I'm getting 23/24 because they were too boring.
Isn't it out of 6?!?!?!?!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
i still dont get it :(

can you explain it for the slow people
Out of the five tests I did, in the best 4 I got 23/24 as a combined mark. Each single test is out of 6 but my combined mark was 23/24.

I made that comment as a joke as in 4 x 6 = 24 is assumed knowledge for MATH11X1.

And HP got the joke.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Out of the five tests I did, in the best 4 I got 23/24 as a combined mark. Each single test is out of 6 but my combined mark was 23/24.

I made that comment as a joke as in 4 x 6 = 24 is assumed knowledge for MATH11X1.

And HP got the joke.
o_O

and another noob question. did we have to do the test 4 times?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
o_O

and another noob question. did we have to do the test 4 times?
I spoke to a friend today who said we only have to do it once.

I just did it 5 times so I can pick out how aware I am of silly mistakes, plus I decided to procrastinate by doing those tests just to make sure that I have done everything.

Ask this on moodle as I am unsure. Alternatively just read the course outline which has that info (im cbf reading it as I have more interesting stuff to read and generally I like to do questions rather than read).

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I spoke to a friend today who said we only have to do it once.

I just did it 5 times so I can pick out how aware I am of silly mistakes, plus I decided to procrastinate by doing those tests just to make sure that I have done everything.

Ask this on moodle as I am unsure. Alternatively just read the course outline which has that info (im cbf reading it as I have more interesting stuff to read and generally I like to do questions rather than read).
what i read on moodle (paraphrased): the quiz is optional and it only used to determine if you're in the right level of maths course. so if you're doing 1141 and only got 16%, then you're going to have a bad semester

yeah lol, too much reading.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
yeh boi, very easy (pendulum) - just use as much common sense as you can
Just to quickly bump this thread in-case squar3root doesnt see this:

BE CAREFUL WITH QUESTION 1, TAKE AS LONG AS YOU NEED. IF YOU GET SOMETHING WRONG, YOU LOSE A MARK

^well.. just in-case if you didn't read the instructions in question 1 or if your short-term memory just malfunctions and you forget about it

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The pendulum quiz was subject to many sillies by me....again.

Damn I have to watch myself with these quizzes.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
just done the phys quiz. it was pretty alright. the first one stuffed me, i though i chose all the answers but i forgot one. my advice: take your time and read the question. and double check your answers. If only i knew this 10 min ago........

soo many silly mistakes

Khe123

HSC
N/A
i just finished the quiz...got 100% ... does this mean it is enough or do I need to do 5 attempts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)