13 or 11 units for HSC? (1 Viewer)

trao06

HSC
Which is the better option for next year, 11 or 13 units?

I need approximately 94 UAI.

My subjects are:

English Advanced
English Extension
Mathematics
Ancient History
Visual Arts
Business Studies
Music

jazzmuzik

HSC
I'd vote 11.

I do 11 also (you can see my subjects below) and i'm completely swamped by major work preperations (art, music, ext, drama, + japanese speaking) all due around the trials. I have friends that do ancient and it seems like sooo much work. So considering your subjects.. yeah i'd say 11
(you have 50% of a subject to fall back on..)

trao06

HSC
hmm

thanks =]

how does it work when you have 11 units?

as in how does the whole contributing 50% thing work, what happens if you go bad in your 'fall-back' subject? is it actually a fall-back subject?

i dont get it lol 0_o

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Basically, if you have 11 units and this means that you have an extension unit or more, if your worst subject is a 2 unit subject, then they would take 1 unit of that 2 unit mark and use it in the UAI calculations.

over9k

HSC
shouldnt have picked art + music imo ...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
over9k said:
yeah, but if she enjoys art and music, then i dont see anything wrong with it, because doing a subject you love means you usually do good it in anyways.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
trao06 said:

My subjects are:

English Advanced
English Extension
Mathematics
Ancient History
Visual Arts
Business Studies
Music
Depends which subject you drop, heh. My advice would be to not drop Business if you do drop something, cause of those subjects it's likely to take the least time.

Really depends on how you think you can cope. I'm doing 13, but I find Music doesn't require a huge amount of effort, and when it does the assessments for other subjects will be over. I do have a major project for Software, but it's different to Art and I think that the Art one will be around the same time as the Music stuff. Not sure what Extension English involves so I can't really say.

Talk to your teachers about what they think, because they're much more likely to know how well you'd do than I would. But like I said, which subject you actually drop plays a part as well, I think.

trao06

HSC
over9k said:
see your point.. but i talked to teachers earlier and they said assessments for both subjects are at different times.

i was originally planning to drop music.. but i love it too much and i'm going well in it compared to other subjects so i'm not too sure!

maybe i'd drop ancient, doesn't seem too promising..

i just don't want my 11th unit to be shocking lol.

truper

HSC
over9k said:
Well if she likes those subjects and is good at it, then she has no reason to drop it.

It's people who hate the subject and pick it up cuz it scales 'better' and do shit are the real ones who are screwed.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Lol , dw I'm doing 13units atm too ! =)
Like , its not as bad as everyone makes it , but its not a walk in the park either. Say , most of my friends with 10units have 2 fewer exams than I do ... so yeah lol. For me it's pretty stressing - if you can see on my signature ... lmao Agriculture was compulsory , otherwise I`d be doing 11units xD

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
Lol , dw I'm doing 13units atm too ! =)
Like , its not as bad as everyone makes it , but its not a walk in the park either. Say , most of my friends with 10units have 2 fewer exams than I do ... so yeah lol. For me it's pretty stressing - if you can see on my signature ... lmao Agriculture was compulsory , otherwise I`d be doing 11units xD
lol, my friends are mostly doing 11 or 12 units (a couple on 10) and my exams somehow finish before them all.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
lol, my friends are mostly doing 11 or 12 units (a couple on 10) and my exams somehow finish before them all.
really o_O"
wow .. ur lucky then ahaha. mine always take yonks to finish .. argh

JCDenton

HSC
I'm doing 12 units and going quite well. Just keep on top of all your work and understand it the first time instead of finding out the night before the exams and you cruise through the year picking up 85%+ marks

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
really o_O"
wow .. ur lucky then ahaha. mine always take yonks to finish .. argh
Ya for the HSC I finish on the 1st, my friends don't finish till the 5th at least. The half yearlies I finished on the Thursday when most of my friends finished on Friday. Pretty whack.

I guess that Agriculture is a later exam? Physics is later as well. Ah well, at least you have more time to study :D

mzduxx2006

HSC
trao06 said:

My subjects are:

English Advanced
English Extension
Mathematics
Ancient History
Visual Arts
Business Studies
Music
13 units because then yu have a safety net and a half.

I do, for my HSC course at the moment:

• - English advanced (2 unit)
  • - Math general (2 unit)
  • - Chemistry (2 unit)
  • - Biology (2 unit)
  • - Physics (2 unit)
  • - English extension (1 unit)
  • - Modern History (2 unit)
13 units in total. so i can screw up in 2 subjects, not that i plan to aniways. but yea. mental blanks in the examination room cannot be doubted.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ahaha actually , ag is pretty early - its in october i think xD
aww damn u finish on the 1st ! ur heaps lucky ! physics is my last one .. 5th TT

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xclusv2bhung said:
ahaha actually , ag is pretty early - its in october i think xD
aww damn u finish on the 1st ! ur heaps lucky ! physics is my last one .. 5th TT
Ah okay, oops :p

Haha yeah it is pretty cool except none of my friends are finished and my exams are pretty packed. Physics is keeping a few friends occupied actually! Good luck for your exams!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Ah okay, oops :p

Haha yeah it is pretty cool except none of my friends are finished and my exams are pretty packed. Physics is keeping a few friends occupied actually! Good luck for your exams!
hahah no worries x]
LOL , same to you buddy ! all the best , and dont stop trying !! xD
what course you aiming for though ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)